Introducing Mic Room for T-RackS

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Which source?

Postby raispe » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:27 pm

Hi,
I´ve got a rode nt1a. What is your recommendation as source that is nearest at this mic?

Thanks
Rainer
raispe

Re: Introducing Mic Room for T-RackS

Postby Ivochkin » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:34 pm

It's very strange, that IK didn't include ARC System 2 mic into this suite.
Ivochkin

Postby ben9876 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:06 pm

Peter,

I'm wondering if and when IK is going to add more mic models to Mic Room. Been a year and a half since release now.

U47? RCA 44? FET 47? Coles? Earthworks? 251?

Any update on development?

thanks
ben
ben rubin

mixer//composer//bassist//producer

benrubin.com
twitter//facebook
imdb
ben9876

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:59 pm

Hi, I don't have any news on new microphones for Mic Room but I'll certainly pass your suggestion/request along to the team! Thanks.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby JayBayAye8 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:16 am

If I'm understanding correctly, is modeling basically just EQ presets based on the frequency response graphs of other microphones? What else is there to emulate, software-wise?
JayBayAye8

Postby olcay » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:42 pm

Hello friends,
From the T-RackS Mic Room application, the microphones do not sound.
You are leading me in this regard.
I use Irig Pro i / o.
Thank you.
olcay

Postby ben9876 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:16 am

Peter_IK wrote:Hi, I don't have any news on new microphones for Mic Room but I'll certainly pass your suggestion/request along to the team! Thanks.

any update on new mic models, Peter??
ben rubin

mixer//composer//bassist//producer

benrubin.com
twitter//facebook
imdb
ben9876

Postby GHanlin » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:18 am

I agree, Mic room should be expanded. So much effort was put into this, it would be silly not to expand it with more mics (including source mics) when they're the whole point of Mic Room's function.

The exisitng selection is good, so it would be ironic to overlook the numerous other staples commonly used for recording. Please IK expand MR and bring it to it's deserved level of function.
GHanlin

Postby dakfat » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:27 pm

I agree with the others. I got mic room with T-racks MAX and own none of the source mics. I use a Rode NT-1 and a Sennheiser E945, pretty common mics but seeing as they are not included in mic room, the software is useless to me
dakfat

Postby Mdgallant » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:24 pm

Hi Peter,

I am interested in Mic Room. I have the XLR mic that came with iRig Pro Recording Studio. What source mic should I select...iRig Mic Studio? Is it *exactly* the same or just close?

(There is no documentation with the kit or online about the part name or number for the included mic.)

Thanks,
Michael.
Mdgallant

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:28 pm

Actually that is not iRig Mic Studio and I do not have the exact information but it does not appear to be iRig Mic Studio. I would recommend contacting IK Support for official support / information as to what microphone may match best in Mic Room.

I did find older information (since this bundle has been discontinue for a while) about the mic:

Studio Condenser Microphone Specifications
Capsule Type: 16mm back electret condenser
Polar Pattern: cardioid
Sensitivity: 11 mV/Pa
Frequency Range: 20Hz to 20kHz ±3dB
Output Impedance: ≤ 220 Ohms
Equivalent noise level to DIN 45 412 (A-weighted): 20 dB-A
Max. SPL for 0.5% THD: 149 dB SPL
Environment Temperature: -10 °C to +60 °C
R.H.: 85% (+25°C)
Powering: 48 V ± 4 V phantom power
Current Consumption: ≤2 mA
Connector: 3-pin XLR (pin 2 hot)
Dimensions: 50 dia. x 174 mm high
Net Weight: 350g
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jimmyjames75 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:37 pm

triggerthehorizon wrote:I agree with the others. I got mic room with T-racks MAX and own none of the source mics. I use a Rode NT-1 and a Sennheiser E945, pretty common mics but seeing as they are not included in mic room, the software is useless to me

I have a huge Mic locker and own neither of those. My point being is that there is a lot of mics out their. If you really want to use this I would just buy a 57. Everyone on the planet should own a 57 anyway.
jimmyjames75

Postby dakfat » Tue May 01, 2018 1:17 am

Depends how many mics you own and what your application is. Every studio should and does own several sm57s. A bedroom producer, which I think is the target demographic for this product, will own one or two or maybe three microphones. If you’re going to own just one or two, I think there are far better options out there than the sm57 without breaking the bank. But then again it’s all relative and a matter of preference. I prefer the sennheiser sound over the Shure sound.
dakfat

Postby jimmyjames75 » Tue May 01, 2018 9:34 pm

Oh yea. Sennheiser makes top flight mics as well. I recommended sm57 because they are cheap, built like tanks, and sound great. Eddie Kramer has done sessions using only sm57 mics. Used, that are dirt cheap.
When you use a sm57 you think "oh, there is that sound". And you can use it on anything in the world. With that said, I actually prefer the GLS es57 over a Shure sm57.
Live, I normally reach for a e509 or es57 for guitar amps. The GLS es57 is DIRT CHEAP! You can buy 3 of them for the cost of one sm57. And the es57 is basically a sm57 without a transformer. And the nasal honk you get with the sm57 is not there in the es57. The es57 sounds like a crystal clean sm57 that has been we'd.
I have tried the Mic Room with a es57 and got some taste tones. I just prefer not to use the Mic Room in general though.
Check out this video of a es57 vs e609 on a tube amp.

https://youtu.be/7kAQ5U0XPgs
jimmyjames75

Postby ToddStudio79 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:31 pm

Just one question...
Where the hell is the SM7B? LOL
How can you have a Mic room and not have one of the greatest mics of all time for male vocals.
Used on Michael Jacksons "Thriller" album and countless others.
Just sayin' lol

Todd P
ToddStudio79

PreviousNext

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox