Can't find driver for iRig Keys I/O

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Can't find driver for iRig Keys I/O

Postby mats.christian.persson » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:11 pm

Hi!

I feel I might be missing something obvious here, but I can't seem to find a driver for the audio interface in my Keys I/O 25.
Under "driver downloads" on ikmultimedia.com there is nothing to be found, and my DAW (Ableton Live 9) doesn't find the interface so I suppose a driver is needed? I'm using Windows 10.

It works fine as a MIDI controller though.

Does anyone know where to download a driver or just tell me if I'm completely off track here somehow?

Thank you!
mats.christian.persson

Re: Can't find driver for iRig Keys I/O

Postby mats.christian.persson » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:04 pm

I eventually found the answer!

If someone has googled the same question and ended up here, you need to get a 3rd party driver called ASIO4ALL, you can find it at http://www.asio4all.com

Seems to be the same for the Keys I/O!
mats.christian.persson

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:39 pm

Yes, you would need ASIO4ALL. The Specs page for iRig Keys I/O at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/ir ... s-io-specs states this and has a link to the specific FAQ with the appropriate settings for ASIO4ALL. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby richmn » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:05 pm

My Keys I/O 49 shows up in my DAW and other applications as an audio interface without ASIO4ALL. My understanding is that the IK products support Windows 10 WASAPI for low latency audio without the need for ASIO4ALL.
richmn

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:17 pm

richmn wrote:My Keys I/O 49 shows up in my DAW and other applications as an audio interface without ASIO4ALL. My understanding is that the IK products support Windows 10 WASAPI for low latency audio without the need for ASIO4ALL.

Correct that iRig Keys I/O does support WASAPI on Windows 10. This is stated on the Specs page I linked above:

Windows®: Fully supports Windows 10 WASAPI for low latency audio. One free USB port.
(ASIO4ALL is required on Windows 7 and 8 for low latency audio. See our FAQ here for further details.)
NOTE: on Windows XP iRig Keys I/O works only as MIDI controller.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby richmn » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:53 pm

Update: While I shared the WASAPI support seen in the specs, and have had success using Keys I/O 49 with Miroslav & SampleTank as a Windows audio device (for output) and midi interface, I have no success getting the interface to work with the Studio One DAW as a WASAPI input device - loud distorted clicking is the result for me. I would love to hear from others that are able to use Keys I/O as a Windows Audio device for input in their DAW. I submitted a support ticket.
richmn

Postby psh_vt » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:11 pm

I have good performance with WASAPI, latency is good enough for performance on my system.
I've had bad experiences with ASIO4ALL and finally uninstalled it -- unstable, unreliable, and the settings interface is pretty unpleasant to use.

I don't buy interfaces that rely on ASIO4ALL any more, only ones that have their own WASAPI or ASIO drivers. That's why I bought the iRIG.
psh_vt

Postby rtTorstrick » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:52 am

richmn wrote:My Keys I/O 49 shows up in my DAW and other applications as an audio interface without ASIO4ALL. My understanding is that the IK products support Windows 10 WASAPI for low latency audio without the need for ASIO4ALL.

What DAW are you using and how does the iRig appear in it?
rtTorstrick

Postby rtTorstrick » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:53 am

psh_vt wrote:I have good performance with WASAPI, latency is good enough for performance on my system.
I've had bad experiences with ASIO4ALL and finally uninstalled it -- unstable, unreliable, and the settings interface is pretty unpleasant to use.

I don't buy interfaces that rely on ASIO4ALL any more, only ones that have their own WASAPI or ASIO drivers. That's why I bought the iRIG.

Are you using a DAW? If so how does the iRig appear in it?
rtTorstrick

Postby psh_vt » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:37 pm

rtTorstrick wrote:What DAW are you using and how does the iRig appear in it?

In both MIDI and Audio setups, my iRig interface is listed as: iRig Keys IO 25

I use it with lots of software: Max, Reaktor, Ableton LIve, Bitwig, music notation, etc. and they all work fine with it.

Typically for audio I have to select the driver first (WASAPI, or, if not that, mme/directsound), then select the iRig from a drop-down menu listing all the devices that driver can see. That's where I'll see the iRig listed.

Setting up MIDI is automatic in Live and most other software I use. Bitwig doesn't seem to locate the iRig as a MIDI device when you select "detect available controllers," but if you manually create a generic MIDI controller, then you see iRig Keys IO 25 in the drop-down menu.
psh_vt

Postby rtTorstrick » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:02 pm

Thank you psh_vt!
rtTorstrick

Postby richmn » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:16 am

rtTorstrick wrote:

What DAW are you using and how does the iRig appear in it?

I was using Studio One 3 (on Windows 10) and recently upgraded to Studio One 4.
I have had no luck using Keys I/O 25 or 49 with Studio One and WASAPI (Windows Audio Option)

For MIDI Input the devices shows up fine (eg. Input Keys I/O 49). I can't get the WASAPI option to work at all with Studio One. I just tried again this evening. Windows Audio sees the devices as Speakers (iRig Keys I/O 49) and Microphone (iRig Keys I/O 49) but Studio One does not output any sound when I use that option, and the Microphone input makes a constant buzzing.
richmn

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:59 am

You may need to use ASIO4ALL but I’d really recommend getting official IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support for best results.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rtTorstrick » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:30 pm

Support tells me to use ASIO4ALL for Cubase in Windows 10.
rtTorstrick

Hooking up a external vocal proccessor

Postby EshelP » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:59 am

I own a Perform-V vocal proccessor by Tchelicon, and it states that I can hook XLR Mic out into a Audio Interface. Now, when I did this I was only able to use it as Midi not as audio

THIS PRODUCT IS A AUDIO INTERFACE RIGHT?

It there a switch to determine between midi and audio signals?
EshelP

Next

Return to Interfaces & Controllers