Blueboard in Bias FX using wah / expression pedal

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Blueboard in Bias FX using wah / expression pedal

Postby mrmichaelgibson » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:51 am

Hi all!

I have been using Bias FX for a while now with my iRig HD2 (and love it)! I just purchased an expression pedal (MOOG EP-3) and have it hooked up to the blueboard. I can get the blueboard to work just fine in BIAS FX to turn pedals off and on, and switch presets, but when I try to use the expression pedal, all it does is turn the wah off and on. It should be adjusting the actual pedal going up and down, but I can't seem to figure out how to get it to actually do just that.

Any help?

Thanks!!!
mrmichaelgibson

Re: Blueboard in Bias FX using wah / expression pedal

Postby etc222 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:30 pm

Maybe you have to calibrate the pedal in the blueboard app?
etc222

Postby rwdotcom » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:25 pm

I am trying to do this as well, using the BlueBoard and Bias FX IOS. The Wah is pretty much worthless without being able to use an expression pedal.
rwdotcom

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:44 pm

I would report these issues to IK Support, as expression pedals should work very well with iRig BlueBoard. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-sup ... -hardware/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ammalato » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:04 pm

Hi All:

Has there ever been a resolution on this? I'm finding myself with the same situation and would love to solve it...seems like a obvious need.
ammalato

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:04 pm

ammalato wrote:Hi All:

Has there ever been a resolution on this? I'm finding myself with the same situation and would love to solve it...seems like a obvious need.

As stated above, iRig BlueBoard's expression pedal support should work well in apps like the ones mentioned. If you are having trouble, please contact IK Support at the link in my previous reply. Thanks!
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby matthew.steinhour » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:49 pm

Hey all.

First of all, I'm very happy with my blueboard and Irig Pro/Irig HD. I've been using them for about a year consistently and have loved the freedom it gives me from bring my full rig everywhere.

I bought a Crybaby mini wah pedal on the cheap and tried to hook it up to my blueboard but it just didn't register within the blueboard app. I'm wondering if that's because it is an analog pedal and not a true expression pedal. Did anyone overcome this same or similar issue?
matthew.steinhour

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:01 pm

matthew.steinhour wrote:Hey all.

First of all, I'm very happy with my blueboard and Irig Pro/Irig HD. I've been using them for about a year consistently and have loved the freedom it gives me from bring my full rig everywhere.

I bought a Crybaby mini wah pedal on the cheap and tried to hook it up to my blueboard but it just didn't register within the blueboard app. I'm wondering if that's because it is an analog pedal and not a true expression pedal. Did anyone overcome this same or similar issue?

That is indeed the issue. A wah pedal is not an expression pedal. You can pick up a standard expression pedal at most music retailers for a good price, though.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby sebastien_ashm » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:18 am

Have a look to THE [C] CONFIG (coming soon !)
https://youtu.be/WNbN8k1Zr4I
sebastien_ashm

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling