Postby M@rkus » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:19 pm

Thanks again Davey!

But no luck...:(
I´ll just wait for the update!

M@rkus
M@rkus

Re: T-RackS 5 Standalone Crash!

Postby danevaz » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:55 pm

New install of T-Racks 5 Stand-Alone on Win 7 - 64 bit - all latest updates.

Program did not open first time I tried it yesterday. I tried it again by RT-clicking and selecting "Run as Administrator". Program opened and displayed fine. Ran through a few of the options and all seemed well.

Opened Cakewalk Sonar Pro (latest version) and all the IK plugs were available to add as FX and they scaled properly (though as another user has posted the Master EQ 432 has blurry setting numbers). But the updated plugs sounded good to my ears and the ability to resize them is wonderful!

Well, came back this morning to try and open the stand-alone version and even with the "Run as Admin" option selected - the program would not open - zip - nada.

I went through the trouble shooting steps described above (Run as Admin, WIN 7 Compatibility Mode, Disable Display Scaling...) and I can get the program to open but all I get is an empty/blank "New Project" window with the Meter window visible in the right hand corner - the rest of the window is blank (first white - then black) and no menu options at all.

Tried renaming the C:\Users\danevaz\AppData\Roaming\IK Multimedia\T-RackS 5 directory - a new directory was created when I opened the non-functioning program - but it made no difference.

Surely a bug. Love the new version 5 plug-ins but the issue with the stand-alone version is a major disappointment.

Danny V.
danevaz

Postby danevaz » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:44 pm

Update re: my previous posting...

I used to be a professional computer programmer (retired now). So I have a bad habit of not letting go until I get software to work (not always a good thing).

So...

Ran my Wise Registry Cleaner to clean out and update my registry. This has a side effect of clearing out my Win7 Start Menu's recently run programs.

Tried starting T-Racks 5 stand-alone again. Same issue with the blank screen and only the meters showing.

But - when I looked anew at my Windows Start Menu - there was now an entry for Syntronik (the IK synth) - the free version.

Huh? I hadn't run Syntronik. Somehow, the starting up of the TR 5 Stand-Alone had some (?) interaction with the Syntronik free module.

So I uninstalled Syntronik free.

Shut down and came back in. Voila - TR5 Stand-Alone starts up and looks good and I messed around with a few modules (Whoo-hoo!). Figure IK would send me a voucher or something for my work...

Happy ending? (No - keep reading).

Well, I remembered that TR5 S-A worked yesterday the first time I tried it but not the second time.

So...
tried to re-open the TR5 Stand-Alone a second time (after closing the running one) and...

back to the blank screen with the meters only.

Oh well.

Looks like IK has a bug (some bugs) they have to fix - but I'm glad I could help out a little.

Danny V.
danevaz

Postby DarkStar » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:53 pm

Please report that on a Ticket to IK Multimedia support; they will be able to help you out:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
And, to help other users, let us know how it gets resolved.

I'm using Windows 764-bit SP1 here and did not run into the issues you described.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby danevaz » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:15 pm

Last try...

Uninstalled Custom Shop, reinstalled TR5 S-A and Custom Shop.

Go to open TR5 S-A - and bingo - it opens and everything displays correctly.

Close TR5 S-A.

Go to open it up a second time - and back to the blank window with only the Meters showing.

That's it - I'm out! IK has to fix this.

(But I really dig the new versions of the plug-ins.)

Danny V.
danevaz

Postby DarkStar » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:15 pm

OK, but this is primarily a user to user forum. You NEED to report the problem to IK Multimedia support.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby tommyray » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:41 am

I'm seeing the same crash at the most recent level of service on Windows 7. In my case I seem to have found an acceptable workaround, which is to use the default 100% text size. I had been using 125%, and apparently anything over 100% causes the crash. To change the text size settings, start with the control panel and navigate to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display, and select 100% text size. I do not need to run as administrator, nor do I need to change DPI settings, which are also included on this page, in the left-hand portion of the window. Yes, we need a real fix, so those of us without perfect vision can get back to our larger text sizes, but this allows us to run an otherwise great program now.
tommyray

Postby danevaz » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:21 pm

Submitted a support request to IK support about the following:

I'm running a 32" 2K monitor but the native resolution (2560 X 1440) makes items appear too small for me - so I run it at 1920 X 1080. I also have my DPI set to 125% of normal size.

As previously noted - I can get TR5 SA to open and run correctly on my monitor - but only the first time after a clean install, or after a clearing out of certain registry items. On the second and subsequent attempts - the program either doesn't open up at all, or I get a mostly blank screen with only the vertical meters appearing in the upper right hand corner (and no menu items).

If I reset my DPI to 100%, the program opens and runs multiple times without any problems. It also runs OK with my DPI set to 150%.

This morning I noticed that when I run my Registry Cleaner and delete two registry entries referring to the following:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Micorsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\<.tr5projectname>\

- it seems to "clear the books" and allows me to restart the TR5 program from the Windows Start Menu by clicking on the specific project name - and then that TR5 project opens up.

Hopefully IK support can help out.

But when the program runs - it looks good. Maybe a few quirks here and there...

My biggest annoyances so far is that there's no way to set an alternate default File Open/Save/Export/Import location, and the fact that you have to drag the Match module into the end of the mastering chain to get it to work properly.

Danny V.
danevaz

Postby daronmacke » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:36 pm

Hi Everybody,

Not sure if you noticed, but IK has released a 5.01 update to T-RackS 5 that addresses the display issues we were having.

After the update, I was able to change my Windows 10 laptop display to 125% and 150% and TR5 launched just fine.

I just happened to check my User Area and noticed the update. I didn't receive any communication from IK, so perhaps this an area where we could see some better communication.

Also, there are updates to SampleTank and Miroslav if you have those installed.

Happy Thanksgiving for those of us in the US!
daronmacke

Postby DarkStar » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:33 pm

Locked, as this is an old thread and the poster has not returned.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Previous

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox