How to Record Acoustic Guitar on iPhone/iPad (iRig Acoustic)

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

How to Record Acoustic Guitar on iPhone/iPad (iRig Acoustic)

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:01 am

We just released this video where Steve Cook (Phil Vassar Band touring bassist) and Nashville Session musician Devin Malone (Hunter Hayes Band) set up and record a piece with iRig Acoustic and AmpliTube Acoustic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdRIkoxrNAk
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: How to Record Acoustic Guitar on iPhone/iPad (iRig Acous

Postby akenny47 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:44 am

Hello,

Will I be able to get the acoustic AmpliTube (for iPad) gear in my existing AmpliTube app? Or will I have to export my work from one to the other?
akenny47

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:04 pm

akenny47 wrote:Hello,

Will I be able to get the acoustic AmpliTube (for iPad) gear in my existing AmpliTube app? Or will I have to export my work from one to the other?

Hi, gear from AmpliTube Acoustic is not available within AmpliTube. To get the tone from one to the other, you could use a tool like Audiobus at this time.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby akenny47 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:18 pm

Have purchase acoustic stage and power bridge. Can't get them to work together. Bridge works with iRigHD. Is this to be expected?
akenny47

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:57 pm

akenny47 wrote:Have purchase acoustic stage and power bridge. Can't get them to work together. Bridge works with iRigHD. Is this to be expected?

iRig Acoustic Stage is a USB interface, iRig PowerBridge is made for iRig digital interfaces that plug directly into your iOS device via Lightning connection without an interim adapter like the CCK, etc.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby conxtello » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:40 am

Can you tell me how to setup my acoustic stage in an ipad garageband/amplitube app using a miniUsb-30pin cable, these apps do not recognize the connection

Thank you
conxtello

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:05 pm

conxtello wrote:Can you tell me how to setup my acoustic stage in an iPad garageband/amplitube app using a miniUsb-30pin cable, these apps do not recognize the connection

Thank you

To use iRig Acoustic Stage may not be compatible with your iPad if it is a model that has a 30-pin connection. You can find full specs with compatible devices list here: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/ir ... tage-specs
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:59 pm

bestia wrote:I purchased the Irig acoustic stage, and I'm wondering what's the best way to connect it to my iPhone. I want to be able to monitor the sound, and it says something about a USB cable, but I can 't find any more information on purchasing the cable or if I'll be able to monitor sound with headphones. Thanks

There are two requirements to use iRig Acoustic Stage on iOS devices, and you can find full information about the connectivity and links to each of the requirements on the Specs page at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/ir ... tage-specs
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby GunnyMcfly » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:21 am

Hi I just have the iRig Acoustic and not the stage unit, I've been using a combo of the iRig Acoustic and the iPad app for recording. I was wondering what settings I should be using to get the cleanest tone (ie. as much as possible just the sound of the mic) - ie. I wouldn't record in a studio by plugging my guitar into an acoustic amp, the guitar itself would just be mic'd up :) Is it on the feature roadmap to have settings in the app that mirror the tone settings iRig Acoustic Stage? (natural, bright etc.)

*UPDATE*
I actually ended up getting the stage and it works a treat :)

Thanks!
Last edited by GunnyMcfly on Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GunnyMcfly

Postby Brian560 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:31 pm

I want to use either iRig Acoustic or iRig Acoustic Stage to record mandolin using BandLabs online studio with my iPhone.Which of these products would meet my needs?
Brian560

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:01 pm

Brian560 wrote:I want to use either iRig Acoustic or iRig Acoustic Stage to record mandolin using BandLabs online studio with my iPhone.Which of these products would meet my needs?

For the highest audio quality, iRig Acoustic Stage would be the answer. Note that there are additional requirements to use iRig Acoustic Stage with iPhone per the Specs page at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... hp?p=specs
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby BillyLane » Wed May 27, 2020 5:22 pm

You simply plug a USB cable from the microphone into your device and you are ready to record.
BillyLane

Postby Diddyk1te » Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:49 pm

Hello. I purchased the iRig Acoustic recently and it worked great, 5 times. Now my iPhone thinks it's the built-in mic and runs them both at the same time. Why is this?
Diddyk1te

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:39 pm

Diddyk1te wrote:Hello. I purchased the iRig Acoustic recently and it worked great, 5 times. Now my iPhone thinks it's the built-in mic and runs them both at the same time. Why is this?

Sorry to hear you are having an issue. IK Support can assist you via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/hw and I'm sure they'll get to the bottom of it.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories