Change tunings Lower than B?

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Change tunings Lower than B?

Postby Capt_Handbanana » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:25 am

Just picked this up today but it seems the lowest I can go is B? is there a way to drop tune for metal?
Capt_Handbanana

Re: Change tunings Lower than B?

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:25 am

The 5-string versions of the basses currently go down to B. There is a feature request logged for lower tunings than that. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Azurik » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:03 pm

Hi,

Any news on getting updates for this? I've been wondering if I should buy the Modo bass, but my band tunes to G#-Drop, so Low B is a no go for me.
Azurik

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:51 am

Azurik wrote:Hi,

Any news on getting updates for this? I've been wondering if I should buy the Modo bass, but my band tunes to G#-Drop, so Low B is a no go for me.

There will be an update to MODO BASS coming soon, and the details of any additional tunings and such will be available at that time. Thanks for your patience!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Azurik » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:44 pm

Still missing the half step to get down to G# :roll: Will the A be the lowest it'll go?
Azurik

Postby UrDone » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:06 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
Azurik wrote:Hi,

There will be an update to MODO BASS coming soon, and the details of any additional tunings and such will be available at that time. Thanks for your patience!

Just bought MODO BASS, and while I'm loving the amazing innovations, flexibility, and sound quality (thank you!), drop A is not enough for modern metal needs. I came across a Gearslutz post where someone mentioned Dingwalls typically being tuned down as far as C0, and they didn't understand why MODO BASS only goes to A0, especially for a physically modeled product that already has unbelievable customizability and options not typically found in the real world. I unfortunately have to agree. Is there any news on if/when we will see lower tunings?

Thank you.
UrDone

Postby Blake951 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:16 am

Of course there's the familiar BEADG and EADGC tunings, and I've seen some people use DEADG before so they don't have to detune for a drop D (basically using it as a 4-string otherwise). One that I've had fun with some times is DEADA or BDADA, which makes octave riffs dead simple (pardon the pun).

[Mod Edit: suspicious link removed ... please review the forum rules]
Blake951

Postby doubleslash » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:19 pm

A0, yo.
doubleslash

Postby NativeD3ath » Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:12 am

Its 2022, purchased MODO Bass 2 and I still don't see a way to be able to tune lower than A0. I play in drop F and I feel like for the price point it's not unreasonable to expect tuning, especially with 5 and 6 string models, to go that low. Mainstream modern metal acts regularly surpass the A0 mark. Any word on this alleged update?
NativeD3ath

Postby alexducote7 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:08 pm

I also just purchased MODO Bass, (Metal Bass, the Dingwall) and not sure how to go about, or if the feature is supported. I'm also running G#, and would really like to use G#. Maybe I should have gotten Eurobass :|
alexducote7

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS