T-RackS 5 Standalone Crash!

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Re: T-RackS 5 Standalone Crash!

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:07 pm

If you want to try a workaround that does not change scaling for other programs (I know that personally I couldn't take it if I went lower than 150% scaling globally on this computer I'm using, and I have 20/20 vision), you may want to try the following:

- Go to your program files directory for T-RackS 5 and locate the T-RackS 5.exe file.
- Right-click on T-RackS 5.exe and select properties
- Select the compatibility tab and under settings, click "Run this program as administrator"
- Check the "Override high DPI scaling behavior"
- In the drop down menu, change "Application" to "System" or "System (Enhanced)"
- Click "Apply" and then "OK"
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby daronmacke » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:18 pm

Peter_IK wrote:If you want to try a workaround that does not change scaling for other programs (I know that personally I couldn't take it if I went lower than 150% scaling globally on this computer I'm using, and I have 20/20 vision), you may want to try the following:

- Go to your program files directory for T-RackS 5 and locate the T-RackS 5.exe file.
- Select the compatibility tab and under settings, click "Run this program as administrator"
- In the drop down menu, change "Application" to "System" or "System (Enhanced)"

Hi Peter...thanks for sharing.

This was one of the 3 steps that finally got my laptop to work. TR5 still crashed after doing the step you mentioned. It was only after I changed the scaling in the Display properties that TR5 finally launched in Standalone. Hope this helps.
daronmacke

Postby stephan.gebbers » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:41 pm

am i the only one, where the dpi stuff and everything else in that "compatible" area is not selectable/clickable?
stephan.gebbers

Postby murphkilledit » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:12 am

daronmacke wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:If you want to try a workaround that does not change scaling for other programs (I know that personally I couldn't take it if I went lower than 150% scaling globally on this computer I'm using, and I have 20/20 vision), you may want to try the following:

This was one of the 3 steps that finally got my laptop to work. TR5 still crashed after doing the step you mentioned. It was only after I changed the scaling in the Display properties that TR5 finally launched in Standalone. Hope this helps.

I had uninstalled TR5,so I tried changing the scaling in Display properties from the %125 I was using to %100 then reinstalled TR5. Now I have no problem launching the standalone. Seems to have worked. Thanks for sharing this tip daronmacke!
murphkilledit

Postby daronmacke » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:31 pm

Birdfinger wrote:
daronmacke wrote:

I had uninstalled TR5,so I tried changing the scaling in Display properties from the %125 I was using to %100 then reinstalled TR5. Now I have no problem launching the standalone. Seems to have worked. Thanks for sharing this tip daronmacke!

No problemo Birdfingee...glad you’re up and running. Jason from Support (nice guy, BTW) said he heard of plugs from other companies running into issues similar to this on laptops which was my issue. I asked him if the Devs would work on a fix so that laptops can be scaled however the user wishes and he indicated that would work on it.

I installed on my desktop and had no problem whatsoever, so it’s gotta be a graphics issue like Davey mentioned. Hope they get it fixed soon...everything on my laptop is ridiculously small now to accommodate TR5. :shock:
daronmacke

Postby soalmusic1 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:30 pm

I submitted a trouble ticket, they told me to check the display size in windows. It works great at 100%. But anything other than 100% the GUI won't work correctly. Mines was set to 125% and it was a nightmare. I changed it to 100% it work great. I'm just going to wait for the update. So disappointed.... :cry: :cry: :cry:
soalmusic1

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:04 pm

soalmusic1 wrote:I submitted a trouble ticket, they told me to check the display size in windows. It works great at 100%. But anything other than 100% the GUI won't work correctly. Mines was set to 125% and it was a nightmare. I changed it to 100% it work great. I'm just going to wait for the update. So disappointed.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Did you try the steps I posted earlier? I was able to get Standalone working perfectly without having to change the global scaling on my Surface Pro (which is good because it is recommended to be 200% or nothing is readable). Here they are again if you missed them:
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby soalmusic1 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:31 am

OMG Awesome, this totally worked. Thanks so much, good looking out.
soalmusic1

Postby M@rkus » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:01 pm

Hi,

Sadly this solution didn´t work for me! I could never tick the box "Override high DPI scaling behavior", since it was greyed out. I could tick the box "Run as administrator", and change from Windows Vista to Windows 7, but that´s all.

I guess I have to wait until the update!

Thanks anyway!

M@rkus
M@rkus

Postby rpirvined » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:13 pm

M@rkus wrote:Hi,

Sadly this solution didn´t work for me! I could never tick the box "Override high DPI scaling behavior", since it was greyed out. I could tick the box "Run as administrator", and change from Windows Vista to Windows 7, but that´s all.

I guess I have to wait until the update!

Thanks anyway!

M@rkus

M@rkus,

At the bottom of the 'Compatibility' tab, just above the 'OK' button, click on 'Change settings for all users' .....you should be able to change the settings from that page.

Hope this works for you.

Davey
rpirvined

Postby M@rkus » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:36 pm

Thanks Davey for the tip,

I did as you told, and when I ticked the 'Change settings for all users' , a new window opened almost similar to the first one but still with all the options greyed out!
The only box I could tic was the old "Run as administrator" (which I ticked), but everything still remains greyed out...

Thanks anyway!

M@rkus
M@rkus

Postby rpirvined » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:51 pm

M@rkus wrote:Thanks Davey for the tip,

I did as you told, and when I ticked the 'Change settings for all users' , a new window opened almost similar to the first one but still with all the options greyed out!
The only box I could tic was the old "Run as administrator" (which I ticked), but everything still remains greyed out...

Thanks anyway!

M@rkus

Sorry that didn't work for you M@rcus, it seems that some Admin setting is blocking that. You could also try editing the registry if you feel confident enough to try it, though you might not have permissions to do that.
NOTE: the following is based on you having installed T-Racks 5 to your C:\ drive

Open the 'Notepad' app and paste the following into it...

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers]
"C:\\Program Files\\IK Multimedia\\T-RackS 5\\T-RackS 5.exe"="~ GDIDPISCALING DPIUNAWARE"

Then do the following;

File > Save as... > Select drop down menu for 'Save as type:' > select 'All types > Give the file a name ending in .reg

and 'Save' the file to your desktop.

Go to your desktop > Right click the file you just saved > Select 'Merge'

You will be given a couple of prompts ...
Click 'Yes' to the first
and OK for the next

Hopefully after this the settings will be changed for you ...fingers crossed!
rpirvined

Postby M@rkus » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:57 am

Hi, rpirvined!

Thanks for your advice!

I followed your instructions and that worked well, but T-racks still refuses to open (or to show up as a VST in Mixcraft...)

Do I need to undo/erase the text I put in the register, or can I just leave it as it is? Do you know if there´s going to be an update for this plugin?

M@rkus
M@rkus

Postby rpirvined » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:01 am

M@rkus,

Hopefully IK will provide an update that will fix these problems, at the moment these are just workarounds.

I'm sure Peter_IK will let us know when that is available.

Good luck, and sorry I couldn't help more :-(
rpirvined

Postby rpirvined » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:12 pm

M@rkus wrote:Hi, rpirvined!

Do I need to undo/erase the text I put in the register, or can I just leave it as it is?

M@rkus

Sorry M@rkus, I missed this bit earlier...it should be fine to leave it in the registry .

I've just remembered another thing I had to do for a different problem I had in T-Racks 5 and that was to rename the T-Racks 5 folder in

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\IK Multimedia

That might be worth trying for your problem. Make sure T-Racks is closed when you rename the folder, and when you try to restart TR5 it will create a new T-Racks 5 Folder. Mine was corrupted with all the faffing about, so yours might be too.

NOTE: The AppData folder is a hidden folder so if you can't see it you'll need to navigate to C:\Users\<your username>\ and go to the View Menu and check the 'Hidden items' checkbox.

Davey
rpirvined

PreviousNext

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox