New Miroslav 2 install - sound updates necessary?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

New Miroslav 2 install - sound updates necessary?

Postby YS200Guy » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:29 am

Just purchased Miroslav 2. Do I need to download and apply any of the updates to the sample library or have all the sound packages been updated?
YS200Guy

Re: New Miroslav 2 install - sound updates necessary?

Postby DarkStar » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:59 am

Yes I think that you will need the update. I think that the big sounds library files are the originals.

Install the sounds library files first. Then you can probably check by looking at the 'Dates Modified' of the files in the update and their equivalents in the library.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby YS200Guy » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:19 pm

Thanks for the info Darkstar. I think IK needs to clarify this a bit and make the process easier if possible by posting the already patched sound files for new purchasers.
YS200Guy

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:37 pm

YS200Guy wrote:Thanks for the info Darkstar. I think IK needs to clarify this a bit and make the process easier if possible by posting the already patched sound files for new purchasers.

The Release Notes that are available for sounds updates files will clarify as you'll find in the Release Notes for the Miroslav Philharmonik 2 sound update release notes available in your IK User Area:
This update fixes several issues in the Miroslav Philharmonik 2 sound library. It is highly recommended for all sound library installations made prior to September 20, 2016
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby SuperKons » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:42 am

The update needs to be installed to fix a problem with the English Horns not being installed correctly by the Sound Content executable files
SuperKons

Postby YS200Guy » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:12 am

I noticed the Sept. 20, 2016 date which made me think I didn't need to install the updates as I am installing here in 2017 for the first time. However, I figured I would ask anyhow.

I don't seem to be the only one finding this a bit confusing. :-)
YS200Guy

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:35 am

Right, you do not need to install them per the release notes. Your confusion and comments with regard to the confusion you experienced have been noted.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby YS200Guy » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:44 am

Thanks for the final word on the subject Peter.
YS200Guy

Postby DarkStar » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:52 am

Oops, my mistake ;)
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby andrewjgraves@yahoo.com » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:04 am

I purchased and installed MP 2 in October of 2017 and on a couple of machines since. English Horns have never loaded correctly for me. Will try the sound updates here in the next few days.
andrewjgraves@yahoo.com

Postby eddieksongs » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:18 am

I tried to install the sound updater files, and kept getting the error "Installation aborted. Can't find any sound content to copy".
However, Miroslav boots up and plays-so not really sure if I need the updates or not.
eddieksongs

Postby marksalore » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:17 am

eddieksongs wrote:I tried to install the sound updater files, and kept getting the error "Installation aborted. Can't find any sound content to copy".
However, Miroslav boots up and plays-so not really sure if I need the updates or not.

Having similar issues
Have you figured anything out?
marksalore

Postby garfy » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:31 pm

Hi marksalore

As the previous post was made a year ago, I suspect the contributor may not answer.

As this is a user-to-user forum and not direct to IKM support, in case no one else chimes in here with advice or a solution the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-su ... ck=QUICKSW

If these do not resolve the issue, there is a link to the Technical Support form at the top of the Search FAQs page, for direct help from Official IK Support. They endeavour to reply within 2 working days, but obviously considering the current situation things may take longer than usual.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the issues, but without directly quoting any correspondence from official support.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby DarkStar » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:47 pm

Just some ideas:
-- my understanding ia that the Sounds Updates are incorporated into the main Sounds library downloads;,
-- the Updates are provided for user who had downloaded the main downloads before the Update was released,
-- in your position I would decompress (UnZip) the Update file and check the Date Modified for the files against those same files in the main sounds library.
-- that info could help Support too.

if you do have a look, let us know what you find
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More