Syntronik Program Change Question

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Syntronik Program Change Question

Postby ramuji » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:28 am

I want to control Syntronik with MIDI Program Change messages in Ableton Live.
The stand-alone version has a Program Change tab in the Settings window, for setting layers to respond to PC commands. However, this Program Change tab does not appear in the Settings window when Syntronik is used as a plug-in in Ableton Live.
Is there some other method that I've overlooked for controlling the plug-in with PC messages?

Thanks!
--
ramuji
ramuji.com
ramuji

Re: Syntronik Program Change Question

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:54 pm

Confirmed.

Hmm, that seems like an oversight to me. But it is only described in the 'Using Syntronik as a standalone application' section of the User Manual so perhaps it is by design.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby ramuji » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:21 am

DarkStar wrote:Confirmed.

Hmm, that seems like an oversight to me. But it is only described in the 'Using Syntronik as a standalone application' section of the User Manual so perhaps it is by design.

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping that I had missed something, and that somebody would be able to tell me what I was doing wrong. But, I guess it is a "missing" feature.

I've created a support ticket.
--
ramuji
ramuji.com
ramuji

Postby landrvr1 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:06 pm

I'm guessing here that MIDI program changes were never implemented because of the preset load times? Still, it's really a shame that for a live performance I'd actually have to go back into the VST interface in Ableton and manually change the patch.
landrvr1

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More