DAW Automation (in MODO BASS)

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

DAW Automation (in MODO BASS)

Postby evan38109 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:02 pm

I'd like to automate a few changes in playing style, etc. between verse and chorus. The product page lists, "Full DAW automation control support," and whatnot a few times, but MODO Bass doesn't show up in the list of automation options for me. Is there a trick to automating the instrument? I can automate others in the session just fine.

I'm using Logic Pro X v.10.2.4.
evan38109

Re: DAW Automation

Postby drchek » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:33 pm

Play Style (and others) are automated via keyswitches which need to be programmed in the midi data (e.g. insert a G#0 note to activate the pick play style...)

Check the manual and Control tab in the plugin to see the keyswitch/control options.
drchek

Re: DAW Automation

Postby evan38109 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:27 am

Hmm...ok, cool. I was able to program it to flip between all down strokes and alternating strokes, and a few others things. Thanks! :D

All told, things are starting to sound pretty good!

There's still a few things I'd rather do with regular ol' DAW automation, though, and I generally find it easier to work with than MIDI programming. It's just my background. Maybe I'll pick up a real keyboard one of these days and change my tune.

Is traditional "DAW automation" not really supported?
evan38109

Re: DAW Automation (in MODO BASS)

Postby gonwild » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:44 pm

I'm also wondering about this... trying to automate the adjustment of AMP/DI signal, but my DAW only list MIDI notes for automation....
gonwild

Re: DAW Automation (in MODO BASS)

Postby samsanchez.iii@gmail.com » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:44 am

I'm also trying to automate modo bass. There is a section in my song where i want to pull down the gain knob on the distortion pedal.
I'm using ableton.
Also having automation difficulties with miroslav phil 2.
samsanchez.iii@gmail.com

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS