WHICH Interface for LIVE performance

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

WHICH Interface for LIVE performance

Postby edmundtownes » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:23 pm

Greetings,

I want to get a new audio interface to use with Amplitube ios.

Currently, I have the first iRig. I'm considering also purchasing a Blue Board.
My question is which IK Multimedia interface is best for live performance only. I will not be using the interface for recording. I'm looking for something that will be much quieter than the first iRig.

Thanks,
Jonathan
edmundtownes

Re: WHICH Interface for LIVE performance

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:25 am

iRig HD 2 would give great sonic results with low noise.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby edmundtownes » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:51 pm

Thanks a lot, Peter. I really appreciate the reply and information. All the interfaces seem very similar. This info is just what I was looking for.

Now, to figure out how to minimize the latency in both my iPhone 6 and iPad 2.

I performed a test in my DAW (Reaper) to measure differences in latency between Amplitube Windows, Amplitube iPad and Amplitube iPhone. For each test version I simultaneously recorded a direct signal and the output from each of the three versions of Amplitube I'm running. I ran all without effects, amp, or cabinets.

My approximate results for latency are as follows:
Amplitube (DAW): 22 samples
Amplitube iPhone 6: 564 samples
Amplitube iPad 2: 487 samples

While the amount of latency between the iPad and iPhone is negligible, like most people, I'd like to get the least amount possible.

Is it reasonable to expect a little less latency with iRig HD 2 because it uses the lightning connector as opposed to the analog input/output on the ios devices?

Thanks again for your previous reply,
Jonathan
edmundtownes

Postby AndyRayZed » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:42 am

I'm hoping someone can advise if there's any update to the best interface for live / small gig/jam playing ?

I have an iphone 5s, Samsung A-Tab ( not samsung pro compatible but android 6 ? ) and an Origin PC/Win 10 laptop with decent(ish) sound.

Most of my sound stuff is on the PC but I find the iphone super portable for small easy plug in setup.
Really i'm just happy to go with the best quality/latency with above options and which iRig device will best suit one basic electric ( sometimes acoustic ) guitar without too much need for fx chains etc, just a good amp sound.
AndyRayZed

Postby edmundtownes » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:50 pm

I just picked up a new iPad today at Best Buy. It's the 9.7" non-pro model. I'm an stunned at how much less latency there is with this iPad. I know I can come of sounding like a whiner... But, holy eff, the latency or lack of it has me in tears of joy. From all the posts I've read, I feel like I'm one of a very small group who even notice latency. But for now, for me, Amplitube iOS with the iRig Stomp I/O tops both Bias Amp and Line6 Mobile Pod. THANK YOU IK!

Peace,
J T
edmundtownes

Return to Interfaces & Controllers