Registry errors?

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Registry errors?

Postby ron-e-g » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:19 pm

Hello, I'm not sure where to post this. If I'm wrong please let me know.

Today when I opened a project in Reaper i got an Registry error window. Turns out to be connected to The Miroslav Philharmonik vst loaded in that project. I tried to delete and re-download, but it didn't help. Also most of my IK miltimedia downloaded products seem to be experiencing this problem. With exception to the T-Racks ones. When I tried to re-authorize the M.P. vst through the authorization manager. It also is in this state of error. It states it's out of date, but when I download the newest version it is the same.
ron-e-g

Re: Registry errors?

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:09 pm

I haven't seen this error and since other users haven't chimed in I'd recommend opening a support ticket with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ron-e-g » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:46 am

Thank You Peter, I have done that at you suggestion.
Ron
ron-e-g

Postby TimRideout » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:50 am

If you do a Google search for the text of this error, you will find many mentions of it. The most common fix recommended is running the DAW as an Administrator. Unfortunately, I cannot do this - Peter, do you have another fix or work-around for this issue?

Thanks,
T
TimRideout

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:50 pm

That was the case for the older (legacy) products such as the original Miroslav Philharmonik, SampleTank 2.5 etc but it should not be necessary for the current products. (Having said that, I do recall some users using that solution for some of them).

Your best bet is to contact Support, with details of the problem you are running into, for some one to one help. And, to help others, let us know how it gets resolved.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby ron-e-g » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:28 pm

Tech's recommendation; Download the Sampletank 3 (from your user area) install it. Don't forget the additional sounds that go along with it. Then use the "import Legacy Instruments" from the menu (shown). This will solve your DAW issue. As for the standalone interfaces..all bets are off.Image
ron-e-g

Postby TimRideout » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:57 pm

Thanks for the replies - I am using the instrument called SAMPLETRON. There's nothing quite like it! I am surprised to be having issues with it though.

The SampleTank fix that you mention - is it specific to SampleTank only?
Do you know of any for SAMPLETRON?

thanks!
T
TimRideout

Postby ron-e-g » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:09 am

It can be imported as mentioned. Along with Samplemoog,SonicSynth even Miroslav Philharmonik. They will work within your DAW with SampleTank 3 acting as a kind of wrapper I think.
ron-e-g

Postby liamvickery » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:01 am

I'm experiencing this also - after a recent plugin scan in my DAW (FL Studio 12.5.1) Previously working 32bit CSR reverbs suddenly give the error "Registry Error. Please ensure this product has been installed correctly. Well it has, and was working just fine before.

Went to my user account, used the authorization manager to 'authorize' it or whatever, inserted serial and did that online stuff. It said all good.

Try again, same problem. I've had issues numerous times in the past with my IK stuff and registry BS. I'm posting it here and not to support because last time my IK stuff got corrupted the solution offered by customer support was also 'Run your DAW as admin' which I agree, is NOT an acceptable solution, it's a dangerous kludge at best.

Sigh.
liamvickery

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:17 am

liamvickery wrote:I'm experiencing this also - after a recent plugin scan in my DAW (FL Studio 12.5.1) Previously working 32bit CSR reverbs suddenly give the error "Registry Error. Please ensure this product has been installed correctly. Well it has, and was working just fine before.

Went to my user account, used the authorization manager to 'authorize' it or whatever, inserted serial and did that online stuff. It said all good.

Try again, same problem. I've had issues numerous times in the past with my IK stuff and registry BS. I'm posting it here and not to support because last time my IK stuff got corrupted the solution offered by customer support was also 'Run your DAW as admin' which I agree, is NOT an acceptable solution, it's a dangerous kludge at best.

Sigh.

That solution should not normally be required with our current versions of IK software. Please continue to work with IK Support and they will assist you in getting any issue including this one resolved. Thank you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dgeris » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:32 pm

Hi,

I had the same issue. This morning everything was working fine. When I now try to open my DAW with one of those VST's, I have the same registry error.
I got it solved by running the DAW in admin mode, but that should not be the solution.
dgeris

Postby ron-e-g » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:32 pm

I suspect someone has wrote code into these VST's. Answer... to problem buy/use the "new, and improved" Sample Tank 3!
ron-e-g

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:41 pm

ron-e-g wrote:I suspect someone has wrote code into these VST's. Answer... to problem buy/use the "new, and improved" Sample Tank 3!

This is obviously not the case. Please refrain from such preposterous and unfounded accusations. IK is a professional global company for over 20 years and does not need to resort to such sordid activity, the quality of our products speaks for itself.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ron-e-g » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:22 pm

Done. ;)
ron-e-g

Postby malvik » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:25 pm

Good Evening,
I also have the issue. I had the issue before Christmas and opened a ticket to the support but the answer did not help me. Here was the answer :

Hello, Thanks for your email.
Install our plug-ins under admin account. To do that launch the installer right clicking on it and selecting Run as Administrator.

Right click on the DAW and stand alone icon and go to properties > compatibility > and check the Run as administrator option.

The thing is that I AM adminstrator on my computer.

End of january I decided to try again and everything worked good.

And today, I have the registry issue again. It makes me crazy. I did not change anything on my computer !!!
malvik

Next

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools