Amplitube 4 can't initialize ASIO device

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 4 can't initialize ASIO device

Postby lrennes » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:52 pm

Hi,

Hopefully someone can help me. I've just bought a new laptop, and was using Amplitube 3 with my stealth pedal on the old one with no problems. Now I'm trying to set up the new version (Amplitube 4) but every time I try to choose ASIO from the Audio MIDI setup option in the settings menu, I get an error which says:

"Could not initialize audio device.

Change audio driver or check your advanced Audio Settings in Control Panel, make sure input/output sample rate match same value for selected device.
Open audio settings now?"

I don't know what any of that means, and when I click ok I can't see anything that looks like sample rates for the stealth pedal or anything like that.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Cheers

PS I have ASIO4all installed, if that means anything.
lrennes

Re: Amplitube 4 can't initialize ASIO device

Postby Longshot9 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:03 pm

I'm in the same boat. Just bought an irig HD2. can't get it to work on my computer.
Longshot9

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:08 pm

Try going to Settings --> Audio/MIDI Setup... in AmpliTube 4. Choose your audio interface there in the dropdown for input and output.

If that doesn't work, please open a ticket with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ and they will troubleshoot with you directly.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Longshot9 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:32 pm

Thanks for the response. I had put in a ticket shortly after posting that and someone already responded. They had me remove 4.03 and reboot, then install 4.02. That worked, sorta. I am able to hear my guitar now but only out of one side of my headphones. If I change the left channel on the output settings from iRig HD2 1 to iRig HD2 2 then it comes out the right side only. The other channel options on the input and output settings make no difference. I responded back to the ticket with that, we'll see.
Longshot9

Postby j.h.nassar » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:15 am

I had the same problem on my laptop. I downloaded and installed asio driver(windows 10) and it worked. http://www.asio4all.com/
j.h.nassar

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:20 am

j.h.nassar wrote:I had the same problem on my laptop. I downloaded and installed asio driver(windows 10) and it worked. http://www.asio4all.com/

Per the initial post, ASIO4ALL has been installed already. I'm sure support will be able to resolve the issues OP is having. Thanks!
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby davidwdoerr » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:30 am

I have the same problem. If a solution is found please post it.
davidwdoerr

Postby DarkStar » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:48 pm

Hello davidwdoerr and welcome to the forum.

Please open a ticket with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ and they will troubleshoot with you directly.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby robklippel » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:22 am

Yep. I believe I can add my name to having the same problem. I select ASIO and it pops back out to it's initial selection. Then, it freezes and must be restarted. The computer in question is fairly new and has a very basic setup using M-Audio Plus on Win 7 ( Guitar Rig 5 works perfectly, as does the audio device within Reason 9. I've been using DAWS and music software for 15 years. I absolutely know how to set up software and the audio part of software. So I am very confident in saying that the stand alone Amplitube 4 will absolutely NOT work properly and it will NOT allow the user to make changes to audio settings (ASIO). I guess I'm glad I tried the free "custom shop" version of the software because I was considering the big $300 full purchase, now I don't even want the VERY tiny free package all that much. It will work as VST plugin, so there is that at least. Still, I consider this stand alone problem to be a complete deal breaker, and even an indication of poor quality and inattention to detail. I'm quite disappointed. (Also, as others have mentioned Amplitube 3 works in all modes - for what that's worth - at least the "custom shop" version.)
robklippel

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:25 am

I'm sure IK Support can get you up and running to your satisfaction.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby davidwdoerr » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:31 pm

After first installing version 4.0.2 and then installing version 4.0.3 the problem was solved. It appears that, in my case at least, an earlier version had to have been used before 4.0.3 would work correctly.
davidwdoerr

Postby ivanh3 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:21 pm

I am getting the same error on a Windows 10 machine in stand alone mode. Amplitube 3 runs fine with the same hardware/OS. Am looking to pull the trigger on this (max package), but not until this gets resolved.
ivanh3

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:52 pm

ivanh3 wrote:I am getting the same error on a Windows 10 machine in stand alone mode. Amplitube 3 runs fine with the same hardware/OS. Am looking to pull the trigger on this (max package), but not until this gets resolved.

Are you running the latest 4.1 version? Either way, please open a ticket with support and they will resolve your issue.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby zacflame » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:01 pm

Cant even run, same error, good thing I just downloaded the demo ?
Zac
zacflame

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:41 pm

zacflame wrote:Cant even run, same error, good thing I just downloaded the demo ?
Zac

Support will help you, even while just using the demo.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling