MODO BASS: A new level of realism

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Re: MODO: Get ready for a new level of realism

Postby deanesque » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:28 pm

I'M REALLY STUNNED! I have have some of the top bass libraries in the industry. They've all been take out of my template. This app is truly incredible! It plays brilliantly with the MIDI Guitar VST and sounds truly amazing. I now have one source for my basses. (unless I need a fretless ;<)

Seriously this is the future of instruments. Wonderful job IK. You are serious industry leaders.
deanesque

Postby puranon » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:16 pm

MODO Bass sounds great!

Hoping to see this MODO engine next powering a Clavinet VSTI (pickups and strings).
puranon

Postby gonwild » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:21 pm

wow...really impressed by this. Did a basic track to check it in a mix, and it blew my mind! I'm selling my bass guitar now ;-)

take a listen..seriously did this in just a few minutes..
simple rock mix
gonwild

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:13 pm

Yoogun wrote:Cubase 8.5 is 64-bit.

My reply was for the person using Logic 9. If I'm not mistaken, you are already working with IK Support who will continue to work with you to get your issue resolved (as I know first-hand it does work very well in Cubase 8.5 personally, and we tested on multiple versions of Cubase).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dado2000 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:47 pm

Just purchased Modobass but I don't find the plugin in my Digital Performer 9.12. I have only the stand alone program . Help
dado2000

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:39 pm

dado2000 wrote:Just purchased Modobass but I don't find the plugin in my Digital Performer 9.12. I have only the stand alone program . Help

Please report your issue to IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ as I know they tested on Digital Performer. That version does appear to be 64-bit so that wouldn't be the problem, so I'm sure support can sort out what is happening for you. Thank you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby apesma1 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:29 pm

First and foremost, MODO Bass was well worth the wait. Job well done!

However, I am having a problem using it with the Mac's "AU Lab v2.3" AU hosting software (Mac OS Sierra, 16GB Macbook pro).

I use AU Lab as a sound module that triggers selected AU Instruments on my Mac from external MIDI Event data. The selected instruments can be saved to a configuration file for later recall. Normally, I launch AU lab and the open up a saved configuration file. Every AU Instrument that is defined in that file is then initialized and started up automatically.

While the AU Lab program is up and running, I am able to add MODO Bass as an AU instrument and everything works fine. However, after I save the configuration file (Now containing MODO Bass), close AU lab,and then restart AU Lab the next day and attempt to load the same configuration file, AU Lab crashes. A dialog box comes up saying it cannot load MODO Bass.

I've already opened a support ticket on this, but I was curious to see if other Mac Users out there have run into this as well.
apesma1

Postby rikeedee » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:32 am

Anybody else having issues with Modo Bass going silent?
Worked fine after first installing but a few days later it's gone silent.
I can change out puts of my bass track to another device and it plays but when i go back to ModoBass I get silence.

Sonar Platinum. Win 10
rikeedee

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:30 pm

rikeedee wrote:Anybody else having issues with Modo Bass going silent?
Worked fine after first installing but a few days later it's gone silent.
I can change out puts of my bass track to another device and it plays but when i go back to ModoBass I get silence.

Sonar Platinum. Win 10

Since other users have not chimed in with the same or similar issues, please report this to IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ and they will surely assist you with this issue. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: MODO BASS: A new level of realism

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:30 pm

We have added a new MODO BASS subforum. Please post any additional MODO BASS related topics there: viewforum.php?f=39
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby apesma1 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:54 pm

apesma1 wrote:First and foremost, MODO Bass was well worth the wait. Job well done!

However, I am having a problem using it with the Mac's "AU Lab v2.3" AU hosting software (Mac OS Sierra, 16GB Macbook pro).

I use AU Lab as a sound module that triggers selected AU Instruments on my Mac from external MIDI Event data. The selected instruments can be saved to a configuration file for later recall. Normally, I launch AU lab and the open up a saved configuration file. Every AU Instrument that is defined in that file is then initialized and started up automatically.

While the AU Lab program is up and running, I am able to add MODO Bass as an AU instrument and everything works fine. However, after I save the configuration file (Now containing MODO Bass), close AU lab,and then restart AU Lab the next day and attempt to load the same configuration file, AU Lab crashes. A dialog box comes up saying it cannot load MODO Bass.

I've already opened a support ticket on this, but I was curious to see if other Mac Users out there have run into this as well.

Does anyone have any idea what the turnaround is for support? I submitted a ticket on the above issue on Dec 2, and no response to date.
apesma1

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:08 am

apesma1 wrote:
apesma1 wrote:First and foremost, MODO Bass was well worth the wait. Job well done!

Does anyone have any idea what the turnaround is for support? I submitted a ticket on the above issue on Dec 2, and no response to date.

That is abnormal. What is your ticket number?
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby apesma1 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:50 am

Thank you for your help with this.
apesma1

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:11 pm

apesma1 wrote:#256568

Thank you for your help with this.

You're welcome. I have sent this information to the support team to see if there is an issue or what's going on. Thank you for your patience.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby pumafred » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:25 pm

Hi Peter,

I own Modo Bass, and have an account with you (also own Amplitube 4 Max), but this Modo Forum is the only one that does not show me a "New Topic" button. Any reason for this?
pumafred

PreviousNext

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS