AmpliTube UA for all Android devices released

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of Android music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

AmpliTube UA for all Android devices released

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:55 pm

AmpliTube UA app for all Android devices released

Your guitar tone on your Android phone - download now for free

Proudly announcing the release of AmpliTube UA. It’s the first real-time guitar amp and effects processing app for all Android phones and tablets that gives musicians the freedom to rock out any time and anywhere with their favorite Android mobile device. The companion app to the soon-to-be-released iRig UA universal digital interface, AmpliTube UA gives musicians with Android devices (version 4.2 or higher and that support USB host mode/USB OTG) the ability to experience the power of a portable customizable guitar rig complete with 3 stompbox effects, an amplifier, a cabinet and a microphone.

PRE-ORDER YOUR IRIG UA TODAY!

Superior guitar tone on every Android smartphone
In 2010, IK Multimedia pioneered the mobile music creation market with the introduction of the iRig interface and AmpliTube for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. With over 17 million downloads on mobile devices worldwide, AmpliTube is the leading guitar app — it’s a global sensation that continues to inspire guitarists, bass players and other musicians with its ease-of-use, vast library of virtual gear and limitless tone sculpting possibilities.

An industry first, AmpliTube UA now brings this famous creative ease to Android. It lets users build great sounding virtual guitar and bass rigs by selecting from 21 included gear models that include 5 amplifiers, 9 stompbox effects, 5 cabinets and 2 positionable microphones. The flexible signal path available in AmpliTube UA lets players change the order of effects and amps, and even add effects “after” the amplifier in the signal chain to provide even more creative tonal options.

An expandable amp and effects library of world-class brands
Like all versions of AmpliTube, the base collection of gear can be expanded from within AmpliTube UA. There are currently 22 available models available via in-app purchase. All are based on iconic pieces of gear from world-class official brands like Fender™, Orange®, Ampeg®, Soldano® and more. There’s also exclusive content available from our artist’s series like AmpliTube® Slash and AmpliTube® Jimi Hendrix™ collections.

Universal Android processing
To get the most out of AmpliTube UA, it needs to be paired with the forthcoming iRig UA digital audio interface (due out in May). The combination of iRig UA and AmpliTube UA delivers universal zero latency processing and high-quality sound on the Android platform. Together they give musicians the ability to play in real-time with no audible device processing delay, a “market first” for Android devices. This previously impossible feature is now a reality due to iRig UA’s built-in high performance 32-bit DSP, 24-bit A/D converter, 44.1/48kHz sample rate, and low-noise instrument preamp. With its premium specifications, iRig UA is able to provide great sound, amazing playability and unprecedented cross-platform compatibility.

AmpliTube UA functions in a “preview” mode when an iRig UA is not connected to the device. This lets musicians build, control and apply custom guitar rigs that can be used with the provided “dry” audio demo. iRig UA is required for audio-in and guitar processing functionality. iRig UA’s on-board digital signal processor works in conjunction with AmpliTube UA app. As of the processing is handled onboard iRig UA, and not on the Android device, it’s able to provide consistent zero-latency performance (down to just 2ms round-trip total latency) independent of the make and model of the connected smartphone or tablet. Or, in other words, it offers the plug-and-play performance that mobile musicians with Android devices crave.

The perfect pair
The pairing of iRig UA and AmpliTube UA is perfect for on-the-go practice and performance. iRig UA features a 1/4” input for a guitar, bass or other line-level instrument, a micro-USB to OTG cable and a 1/8” stereo output with volume control for headphones or connection to a live sound speaker, amplifier or mixer. It also sports a 1/8” AUX input that lets musicians connect any sound source so that they can practice and jam along to their favorite tunes with the power of AmpliTube's tone.

Pricing and availability
AmpliTube UA is now available as a free app via the Google Play store. iRig UA will be available May 2015 from music and electronics retailers worldwide, and can also be pre-ordered in the IK online store now for only $99.99/€99.99 (excluding taxes).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: AmpliTube UA for all Android devices released

Postby kenwchan » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:08 am

Hi,

I've downloaded the UA app to see if it works with my HD-A which has never worked. I was hopeful that at some point I would be able to use my HD-A with my Note 4. But now adding salt to the injury is a new product by IK but which uses a universal app for any Android phone that doesn't support the HD-A? What's the logic?

It's very frustrating. Can I exchange my HD-A for the UA then at the least.

Ken
kenwchan

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:36 pm

kenwchan wrote:Hi,

I've downloaded the UA app to see if it works with my HD-A which has never worked. I was hopeful that at some point I would be able to use my HD-A with my Note 4. But now adding salt to the injury is a new product by IK but which uses a universal app for any Android phone that doesn't support the HD-A? What's the logic?

It's very frustrating. Can I exchange my HD-A for the UA then at the least.

Ken

The logic is that Android devices that do not support Samsung Professional Audio have OS-level issues with low-latency audio processing. Thus, iRig UA and AmpliTube UA were created to resolve this issue. iRig HD-A and AmpliTube for Samsung Pro Audio were made for those devices that support Samsung Professional Audio and thus low-latency audio processing that is simply not possible on other devices. iRig UA contains the hardware on which AmpliTube UA runs smoothly, solving the latency issue on a huge number of Android devices. I know of no exchange program for your hardware.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bluesplayer » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:03 am

I can't find anything about how or even if you can power the android phone or table while using this? If i can only use as long as battery on device is good for, on even full charge, that would be too unreliable for live use

Any ideas how to keep power going to phone/tablet while using this?

thx
bluesplayer

Postby bluesplayer » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:43 pm

bump

I'd buy but need answer on power
bluesplayer

Postby Peter_IK » Fri May 01, 2015 2:37 pm

There is no supported device to also provide power to your device while using iRig UA but the power draw is not very high as with our other devices.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby panthercool » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:09 am

This looks great, i have to upgrade my android phone, as i'm still on first generation, and i doubt this will work with it.
panthercool

Postby idragosani » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:26 pm

This is a really dumb question but I can't figure out how to close the UA app after I am done using it. It still shows as a running app in the Notification screen. Doesn't seem to be any option to close it inside the app.
idragosani

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:55 pm

Currently, AmpliTube UA and the iRig UA are compatible with Android devices that support Host-Mode. Also, please note Android 4.2 or later is required.

As for your question on closing this app what device are you using?

You should be able to tap your device's home to see a list of apps and swipe to close. If this is not the case, let us know your phone model and we will be more than happy to provide steps to do so.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby idragosani » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:02 pm

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Mega, Android version 4.4.2. The app works fine, it just seems to stay resident after I disconnect and tap the home button to go back to the home screen. Not a big deal, I was just wondering why it stays resident
idragosani

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:16 pm

Make sure to close the AmpliTube UA app completely.

I have included a link below with some extra help on closing all open apps on your device.

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp ... 221&cv=820
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Proacoustic » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:48 pm

Ive been using the apple iphone version with an old apple iphone, which is getting quite slow with recent software upgrades to the app, the only other issue I have is I have to use the noise filter pedal on most settings, I run it through the effects loop on a JCM900 maybe there's a better way to run it and get a clearer sound.

But would prefer to use it on my current android phone and tablet! I never really got on with the iphone much prefer my Sony Xperia Z2, but there seems a much smaller choice of amps / pedals on the android version and no noise filter, I was also hoping to get the blueboard but again that isn't compatible with the android app, or am i wrong?

Is it worth the £79 plus such a limited amp and pedal upgrade for £53

Or should I just get an Ipad mini and carry on, Or get it and wait in the hope the library of amps and pedals builds up?

Cheers
Mike
Proacoustic

Postby mapletop1 » Tue May 24, 2016 2:04 am

hi im new to this love the sound and size,but i would like to know how to down load the all in bundel.ive tryed everything i can think of
mapletop1

Postby Burillo » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:37 pm

is there any chance of Android version getting some updates? as in, bring it on the level of iPhone, with desktop code sharing and all...
Burillo

Postby jimfist » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:26 pm

I just picked up Amplitube UA for my Samsung Galaxy and am generally happy with the results.

However, since I am a bassist partial to Ampeg tones, I found that the bass amp model that comes supplied with Amplitube UA suffers from terrible background digital noise, unlike any of the other amp models, and in fact unlike the Ampeg B-15 purchased amp model, that I bought due to the stock Ampeg SVT model being unacceptable due to this noise.

I'm not talking about the expected behavior of an amp model with two gain stages, as high pre-gain can add hiss and enhance any existing noises or buzzes that may already exist in the signal chain BEFORE the UA interface. I'm talking about a truly digital noise, generated only within the stock Ampeg bass model. There is no way to minimize this noise to make this amp useful.

Otherwise, since downloading the B-15 model, I'm pretty happy with the results, and the near-zero latency performance via a smartphone is pretty cool indeed. I do feel, though, that I was forced to purchase the B-15 since the stock bass model is not usable in its current state.

Any thoughts? Thank you.
jimfist

Next

Return to Android Apps & Accessories