Where are AmpliTube 4 VST Plugin files? [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Where are AmpliTube 4 VST Plugin files? [Resolved]

Postby Mystic368 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:59 pm

UPDATE: Both problems solved.

I got AmpliTube 4 to work in standalone mode by removing version 4.03 and installing version 4.02 in it's place.

To get Amplitube 4 working as a plug-in, the two files you need to copy into your host plug-ins folder are:
1. C:\Program Files\VstPlugIns\AmpliTube 4 .dll
2. C:\Program Files\Common Files\AmpliTube 4.vst3

I can't swear to it, but I don't recall seeing the file referred to in 1. on my file system until after I removed v4.03 and replaced it v4.02.

Anyhow, update posted in the even it might help someone else.

ORIGINAL PROBLEM STATEMENT:

I'm trying to use AmpliTube 4 and Fender bundle (licensed) on Windows 10. Can someone please tell me exactly what AmpliTube file(s) I need to copy into my host plug-ins folder to use the plug-in and where on the Windows 10 file system I might find them?

So far, I have managed to bring Mobius 2 via JBridge and Cubase Groove Agent 4 VST's into my custom plug-ins folder on Ableton Live 9 (64-bit) and Ableton sees them no problem so I obviously understand the process in general and Ableton is not the problem, but for the life of me I cannot figure out what AmpliTube 4 files I'm supposed to be dropping in my plugins folder.

As an aside, Amplitube 4 standalone stubbornly refuses to use the native ASIO driver of my Steinberg UR44 interface. Standalone Cubase Groove Agent 4 and Positive Grid Bias FX have no problems in that regard.

So, as it stands, I can't use AmpliTube 4 at all. Not in standalone mode because it refuses to use my audio interface's native ASIO driver and not as a VST plugin because I can't find the right files to drop in my host plugins folder.

My primary concern right now is getting Amplitube 4 to work as a VST plug-in, so can someone please tell me which AmpliTube VST-related files I need to be looking for?

Thank you.
Mystic368

Re: Where are AmpliTube 4 VST Plugin files?

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:42 pm

This is not the recommended method, though. The installer will put all of the required files (there are more than just VST files) in the correct places (or you can specify if you use non-standard file locations for your plugins). You may experience unexpected results in other areas if you move files and don't use the installer.

If you have issues after using the installer, it is recommended to consult IK Support who can help you get the programs and plugins working as well as making it far less likely to have your installation not work the next time you update (unless you use the installer which will update things in the standard way).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Where are AmpliTube 4 VST Plugin files?

Postby Mystic368 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:15 pm

Peter_IK,

Thanks for responding. I did, in fact, use the recommended installation method on initial installation of 4.03. I'm not the only one having issues with AmpliTube not seeing my audio interface's native ASIO driver as reported in another thread. As I mentioned, Cubase Groove Agent 4 desktop and Bias FX desktop had no such difficulty recognizing my Steinberg UR44 when configuring the audio preferences after installation of those items.

Point taken reference the plug-in issue though. I could have specified my custom plug-ins folder on installation.

Thanks again. Loving AmpliTube in general, though.
Mystic368

Re: Where are AmpliTube 4 VST Plugin files? [Resolved]

Postby Peter_IK » Mon May 13, 2019 4:44 pm

Hi, there are typical locations for audio plugins - I recommend this Steinberg article (they created the VST format) that explains what those are: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... on-Windows
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling