T-RackS: What would you like to see?

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Re: T-RackS: What would you like to see?

Postby ben01930 » Fri May 20, 2016 11:36 pm

Saturator X was a cool addition. Personally I'd like to see expansion of the multiband series (saturation, and transient designer :P )
ben01930

Postby sbn » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:29 pm

I love everything about T Racks. I got all modules. There only 3 things that I really want there. I really hope to see it some day in update. It's not so difficult but so useful things

1) add function in options of stand alone: free space in beginning of tracks. Many times clients send me tracks that start exactly from first bar. In this case I need move myself to DAW and make there mastering, cuz compression eat first beat after exporting.

2) move modules position in T-Racks

3) it's not so critical if you will not do it but it's sure be great if you will. Resize GUI option of T Racks . Again it's not so critical

I really hope some days to add these small things in program. Personally I really love work in stand alone. I got everything there.
sbn

Postby jgsirac » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:44 pm

Maybe (if I'm not venturing into forbiden zone) the compatibility with Soungrid systems? It would be awesome to offload the heavy processing to an external DSP with no latency, and maybe even more so to use T-Racks in live situation ...

JG
jgsirac

Postby n2mpujack » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:02 pm

jgsirac wrote:Maybe (if I'm not venturing into forbiden zone) the compatibility with Soungrid systems? It would be awesome to offload the heavy processing to an external DSP with no latency, and maybe even more so to use T-Racks in live situation ...

JG

Waves doesn't allow anybody development access to their system other than themselves. I sincerely doubt they would license IK to do plugins for them. But really there's nothing IK does that requires dsp; not even IK's reverbs are that cpu intensive.
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Postby smata65 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:17 pm

n2mpujack wrote:
jgsirac wrote:Maybe (if I'm not venturing into forbiden zone) the compatibility with Soungrid systems? It would be awesome to offload the heavy processing to an external DSP with no latency, and maybe even more so to use T-Racks in live situation ...

JG

Waves doesn't allow anybody development access to their system other than themselves. I sincerely doubt they would license IK to do plugins for them. But really there's nothing IK does that requires dsp; not even IK's reverbs are that cpu intensive.

While I agree that most IKM's plugins do not require a lot of processing power, Soundgrid is not a closed system, so it would be feasible to develop soundgrid versions of IKM's plugins.

From waves site "The soundgrid infrastructure is open to third-party hardware and software developers alike". Also, at least FLUX and Plugin Alliance have already soundgrid versions of their plugins

I don't own a soundgrid system, but when the time comes to change my trusty old E-MU and M- Audio interfaces, soundgrid will certainly be considered as an option
smata65

Postby n2mpujack » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:22 pm

smata65 wrote:
n2mpujack wrote:

JG

While I agree that most IKM's plugins do not require a lot of processing power, Soundgrid is not a closed system, so it would be feasible to develop soundgrid versions of IKM's plugins.

From waves site "The soundgrid infrastructure is open to third-party hardware and software developers alike". Also, at least FLUX and Plugin Alliance have already soundgrid versions of their plugins

I don't own a soundgrid system, but when the time comes to change my trusty old E-MU and M- Audio interfaces, soundgrid will certainly be considered as an option

I stand corrected. Thing is though for me I've been burned by dsp processing h/w in the past. TC Electronic dropping their Powercore line (got one), Avid with the 11 Rack is the other. It's why I don't buy into the UAD ecosystem either.
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Postby sbn » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:51 pm

One thing I really miss in T-Racks standalone version is muted 0.5/7 sec option. In case if you got mixdown started from first bar and no extra empty space. Just after exporting its fade in first attack sound.

I hope there will be some option in the future.
sbn

Postby yabino974 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:35 pm

Still wishing for tape machines. One for tracks (mixing), and the other for mastering.

Yeah, like Studer and Ampex gear.
Samplitude Pro X4 15.0.2.141 x64 | VST2 x64 | Windows 7 x64 | Sample Rate 44.1 KHz
yabino974

Postby synthguy99 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:30 pm

First post, long time user.

Being late to the party, this might have been requested, but

Neve channel strip
API channel strip
Intelligent multiband compressor/limiter
Lexicon 224/480 by any chance?
synthguy99

Postby smata65 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:48 pm

synthguy99 wrote:First post, long time user.

Being late to the party, this might have been requested, but

Neve channel strip
API channel strip
Intelligent multiband compressor/limiter
Lexicon 224/480 by any chance?

The EQ 73 and EQ 81 are emulations of Neve EQ + preamp modules. The precision comp. lim. is an emulation of the Neve 33609 compressor.

The EQ PA, PB and PG are emulations of API EQs + preamp modules. No API 2500 comp. emulation yet
smata65

Postby josh.hughes » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:48 pm

Ability to share T Racks settings
josh.hughes

Postby mvh9591 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:26 am

I'd like to have the ability to import AU/VST third party plugins into the stand alone application so I could actually use it to master with. Just a thought.
mvh9591

Postby SDM_T_RACKS » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:01 pm

Sidechain, sidechain sidechain. Maybe sidechaining capability. The extinction of the dinosaur head. Sidechaining would be nice. Improve the latency and CPU hit in the EQ 73. Alt-click returns to zero (or default). Oh, and sidechaining...
SDM_T_RACKS

Postby Chris_A » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:43 pm

wet / dry / parallel / mix knobs for the compressor modules please!
Chris_A

Postby keybreak » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:53 am

Bging back Global option for Linear phase to override this settings loading from the presets (basically as it was before TR5)

coz i find myself a lot in situations that most of the times i use Linear phase EQ (for example) on mixing stage, and it's super easy to forget about it while switching presets and introduce super-annoying ~1 second delay. In this situation obviously it's preferable to re-enable linear phase stuff globally only for actual rendering / mastering stage.

Bring back Remember last settings for Metering plugin and metering in TR5 Suite, it's again pretty annoying to always change each time a lot of stuff like: Peak meter, Target, Standard reference, Filter size if your personal defaults are not at all defaults predefined in TR5.
Maybe a good way to kill this workflow issue would be to introduce presets for metering, include default preset which could be overwritten.
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3500MHz
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-OC
RAM: 32Gb G.SKILL TridentX+ F3-2666C11Q-32GTXD, 2666mHz
GPU: EVGA TITAN X 12Gb
AUDIO: RME Fireface UCX
MOITORS: KRK RP8G2

DAW 1: Renoise 3.1
DAW 2: Reaper
keybreak

PreviousNext

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox