Lurssen Mastering Console Feature Requests

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Lurssen Mastering Console Feature Requests

Postby dr5notes » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:33 pm

Firstly let me say that I am blown away by the Lurssen Mastering console. I have been using Ozone and Slates Limiter but have always struggled to achieve my goal, a master at the levels that can compete with out completely ruining my mix. This plug is giving me the results that I desire just with presets. Common sense and so called "experts" tell me that this should not be possible but my ears tell me it is.
Ok, so I have three feature requests that would enhance this product and enable me to use it completely stand alone and not within my DAW which is my preference.
1. Level matching. Ozone has this feature and it allows me to hear the signal dry at the same level. It is invaluable to help me to check what I are doing to my mix without my ears being fooled by the "loud sounds better" trap.
2. Being able to change the ceiling on the limiter. Very important for the likes of Sound Cloud. Its best practice to put a ceiling of -1.5 on the wav file before submitting to Sound Cloud so that the compression applied their end does not screw the mix.
3. Being able to load in a reference track for A B comparison. So important to me.

So come on IK magicians. These three features will take a very good product into the realms of exceptional
dr5notes

Re: Lurssen Mastering Console Feature Requests

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:09 pm

Thank you for your feature requests. They have been forwarded to the team.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dr5notes » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:54 pm

Thanks for listening Peter

Fingers crossed

Jim
dr5notes

Postby supanorton » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:18 am

Please add the ability to trim, fade, and sequence songs.
supanorton

Postby Pascalkindo » Mon May 09, 2016 9:54 pm

Being able to change the ceiling on the limiter would be a very very welcome feature!!!
Pascalkindo

Postby uumatter » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:06 am

Excellent job on the Lurssen Mastering app. Any chance on adding M/S processing? I believe it will make the app top notch. It is already easy to use. It needs M/S processing to be complete.
uumatter

Postby geeflow » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:29 am

I would love a RMS meter and an AB option like the one found on Sample Magic plugin.

I Love and use Lurssen daily!
geeflow

Postby Jakeboy » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:29 am

I love LMC! I use it standalone on my PC. I want to render tracks to drop into iTunes, but MP3 is not an option? Which output render format should I use?

I will use WAV for digital distribution, but I mean dropping into iTunes on my own PC.

Thanks!

Mark
Jakeboy

Postby LasseWester » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:06 pm

I love the LMC finally I can achieve the results I have been struggling for,
One thing that could make it even greater is the ability to trim and fade and make A B comparison.
Thank you IK for this amazing product,
LasseWester

Postby lwarren » Tue May 16, 2017 1:58 pm

I would like to see LUFS added on the standalone as I use it with the LUFS meter on Logic Pro X but would like to use it standalone. -16 LUFS is great for Digital and -11 for CD but cannot tell in standalone use via the RMS VU meters.

Other than that great product.

Leigh
lwarren

Postby darinames » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:41 am

supanorton wrote:Please add the ability to trim, fade, and sequence songs.

I'd like to second this request. As a mastering application, I'm surprised that the Lurssen Console will not allow me to adjust the trim/fade, in/out points for the song(s) I am working on. This has been a major factor in keeping me from using the Lurssen Console instead of T-Racks. I realize that T-Racks is a far more advanced app, but having these abilities in Lurssen would be great.

Please forward this to the development team.
'Thanks!
darinames

Postby ARude » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:38 pm

So far, I'm pretty pleased with the results of my early testing. I predominately do live audio/video capture. I do agree with all of the above requests but I would like to add that a spectrum display would be very handy for the freestanding app or at least the ability to add plugins for the purpose. At the moment I'm unable to run the vst within Reaper which could possibly address many of the previously mentioned requests.

I would additionally request an Android app.

Al Rude
Rude Recording
ARude

Postby andrei.tuduran » Tue May 29, 2018 10:27 am

Hi,

I'm new here but I use Lurssen Mastering Console in every mix (on PC & iPhone).
It's been almost a year since the last update.

Is there any update / new features on the horizon?

Best,
Andrei
andrei.tuduran

Postby LamaRose » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:46 pm

Adding threshold control for the final limiter in the signal chain view would be very helpful. Also, a HP filter option is really needed as some of the presets really crank the 20 to 30hz range... this really becomes an issue when adding some eq after the Lurssen as it affects the Lurssen limiter control.
LamaRose

Postby jmgsky » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:06 pm

dr5notes wrote:....
2. Being able to change the ceiling on the limiter...

YES please!
I think it must be set at -5 or something! I'd like to be able to make it -0.1 or -0.2.

:) :)
jmgsky

Next

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools