Infuriating registration - demo noise on CSR

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Infuriating registration - demo noise on CSR

Postby rdyll » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:20 pm

The mix of online registration, authorization manager, online/offline, serial numbers, hardware ids, activation codes, demo versions, old versions, update offers, differing bundle contents.... is simply staggering.

Honestly, it's not just IK, but the whole industry is making such a mess of registrations and activating. I am lost for words. Right now, after days of struggling and trying, I am about to give up. My Classic Reverb bundle is simply incapable of starting without playing the demo noise every 10 seconds. I have switched to a new version of Cubase and bought a new Mac, updated everything (including IKs own T-Racks <classic Bundle which works) but the CSR VST (after working fine for a while) suddenly started playing the demo noise.

The serial is registered and activated, or so I thought. After trying it multiple times, the authorization manager accepts the trial number BUT THE plug in still plays noise every 1o seconds. What a mess!
rdyll

Re: Infuriating registration - demo noise on CSR

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:18 pm

CSR has been part of the T-RackS suite for a while, so if you have not done so already please install the latest version of T-RackS Custom Shop (which you likely have installed since you mention the other T-RackS gear) and open the Custom Shop application (in your Start Menu on Windows or Applications folder on Mac OS X) and go to T-RackS and then Gear --> Restore My Gear and it should get everything set for you.

If this does not work, the IK support team will happily assist you directly at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rdyll » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:59 pm

First off, thank you for the fast reply. This is not arguing with you personally, you can't do anything about it I guess. But... Let me just try to understand. There is now a Custom Shop along with the website, which (the site) allows you to buy stuff but also send you to the Custom Shop anyway. The Custom Shop allows me to add VSTs. It contains a T-Tacks section, which now contains CSR, but also has a section for Amplitube (which no longer differentiates between Amplitube 1, 2, 3 or whatever) and also Samples for Sample Tank (instead of Sample Tank versions, so you're losing me slowly). Apart from that, there is an authorization manager, which authorizes the VSTs I just bought in the Custom Shop (or did I?) on it's own. So on top of that, you're telling me that there is a SEPARATE Custom Shop for T-Racks (and possibly the Aplitube stuff too)?

I honestly can't for the life of life understand why this is so complicated. :-/
rdyll

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:05 pm

The latest versions of all three of those flagship products have Custom Shop functionality. There are three sections in the Custom Shop app and that app allows you to try, buy, and authorize (automatically when you buy through it)/install/restore your gear for each. It is a single application called Custom Shop that serves these functions.

You can find the latest versions of each of the products mentioned in your IK User Area, and they will install Custom Shop along with the plugin and standalone (where applicable) product for you.

When you purchase a digital download product you should receive step-by-step instructions to install and authorize your product. However, as mentioned above if you purchase through Custom Shop itself your gear will be installed an authorized as soon as you click the BUY button (and confirm the purchase).
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:11 pm

I think if you open Custom Shop and check out how it has a section for each, and shows what you can try or buy, as well as functionality to show what gear you do or do not have already, it would be fairly easy to understand.

For the a walkthrough of the Custom Shop experience, we did create this video too (and you should have documentation installed with your IK products that help with this) - even though this is from when the Custom Shop was only AmpliTube, the concepts are the same with Custom Shop now having three areas (one for each of the products):
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rdyll » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:19 pm

Also - if I now load an older Cubase project which contains let's say the Classic Studio Reverb Room effect, the system obviously can't find it because the new corresponding VST from the T-Racks bundle has a different name (because it is now called the "T-racks CS SCR Room" or whatever). So I have to manually remove the perfectly set up and saved VST, load the new one, which does the exact same thing, but then start from scratch making the effect settings. Why? Not sure if that is an "experience".

It may be okay to figure it out, but it is honestly the worst registration/buying/updating "experience" I have ever seen. I still miss the point in doing this. But thanks for your assistance, I'll try to battle my way through it,
rdyll

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:39 pm

T-RackS 3 is not overwritten by the newer version (T-RackS Custom Shop is 4.x) so your previously-installed versions in projects will not be affected. This was done intentionally so you would not run into the issue you describe.

You shouldn't have to battle through, if you are in need of more help than the documentation and this forum can provide, IK also has a very professional staff of support experts to help you tho rig your issues.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rdyll » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:01 pm

That only works like you said if it would be possible to get the old versions authorised which is why I'm here in the first place. :/

Thanks for your help, I'll have at it.
rdyll

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:24 pm

rdyll wrote:That only works like you said if it would be possible to get the old versions authorised which is why I'm here in the first place. :/

Thanks for your help, I'll have at it.

You're welcome. When you no longer have the older versions installed and/or authorized you should be able to use the older installer and authorize with the Authorization Manager. If that problem persists, I'm sure the support team will be able to assist you to completion.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:43 am

^^^
Weren't the older versions "pre-Authorisation Manager"? That is, CSR v1.1.1 and T-RackS 3 v3.5.1?

I'm pretty sure that I authorised them in the classic way (years ago) but perhaps the Auth. Mgr has replaced that method?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:05 pm

DarkStar wrote:^^^
Weren't the older versions "pre-Authorisation Manager"? That is, CSR v1.1.1 and T-RackS 3 v3.5.1?

I'm pretty sure that I authorised them in the classic way (years ago) but perhaps the Auth. Mgr has replaced that method?

Both T-RackS 3 and CSR 1.1.1 can be authorized using Authorization Manager.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rathmusic » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:54 pm

Peter,

I have a similar issue trying to get my plugin authorized. I load it up in Pro Tools, or T- RackS CS and its says the 10 grace period is over...... I click OK to continue to the Auth Manager....... I enter the serial number sent to me in an email and it says there should be 3 letters in the first window...... My serial starts with 2 letters....... Need some help getting out of trial mode here!

Thanks
rathmusic

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:10 pm

rathmusic wrote:Peter,

I have a similar issue trying to get my plugin authorized. I load it up in Pro Tools, or T- RackS CS and its says the 10 grace period is over...... I click OK to continue to the Auth Manager....... I enter the serial number sent to me in an email and it says there should be 3 letters in the first window...... My serial starts with 2 letters....... Need some help getting out of trial mode here!

Thanks

My CSR shows three letters at the beginning of the serial number. You may be looking at your digital ID or authorization code. Please check your IK User Area under "My Products" where you can find your serial number. Also, if you've already authorized in the past you can open the Custom Shop application itself (in your Start Menu on Windows, Applications folder on Mac OS X) and go to T-RackS then Gear --> Restore My Gear and you will restore your T-RackS gear all in one shot.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Wagner_Alves » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:21 pm

DarkStar wrote:^^^

Hi DarkStar,

I am working in a remix session and I experienced that same problem with original CRS plug-in, IK Multimedia. Did you have your problem solved?

Thanks.

Best Regards
Wagner_Alves

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:41 pm

It was rdylll that had the problem, not me. :) And that was 4 years ago, but he has not returned to let us know the outcome.

Please post details of your specific problem as a new thread.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox