How can i use Arc for listening music?(youtube-browser etc)

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

How can i use Arc for listening music?(youtube-browser etc)

Postby stergios » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:45 am

I was wondering if there is any way to use arc for listening music ,especially with youtube,my browser etc...i know that it is possible with some media players but ...what about general use?
stergios

Re: How can i use Arc for listening music?(youtube-browser e

Postby stergios » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:38 pm

anybody?
stergios

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:45 pm

ARC is not a standalone, it is a plugin so it requires an application/program which supports the plugin formats in which it is available. You'd have to route your audio through a compatible application/program in order to use ARC.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby stergios » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:58 pm

so..why don't you make it standalone?all the users need it!
it ll be appreciated!
stergios

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:42 pm

ARC is a product meant to help people with non-optimal rooms make better-translating mixes and optimized to perform this specific function. I will relay your suggestion to widen the scope of the product.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby stergios » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:25 pm

yes,i know the purpose of Arc..that's why i bought it 2 times(arc1 and the update to arc2)

The fact is that everybody needs this function as you can understand from the topics here ;)

Most people as you know have their references...now we have to import the references in the project.Sometimes references are not availiable in our computers (due to many reasons) and we have to use internet for this.
Also consider that a standalone version ll expand your sales to hi-fi people cause everybody wants to listen music in an optimal room ;)
stergios

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:41 pm

You use ARC to create a mix that will translate to play well across those other sources/rooms WITHOUT needing ARC (as in your listeners who will not be using ARC). So in a way, there really should be no need for it as you also do not have ARC enabled when you render your mix to be listened to elsewhere.

The Audyssey technology used can be found in certain home theater and other hi-fi audio hardware for a similar reason - to help "correct" a room that may not be optimal for listening. That is a different application of the technology and is also specific to the room.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby stergios » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:52 pm

as i told you i know how to use Arc and why ..i bought it.
i don't have to bypass it anyway when i export cause i use cubase's control room.
I described you a problem in my previous reply and i expalined why the standalone version is neccessary to the people who mix.
I also expalined you why this standalone version ll be very useful to people who..are not pro.
That's all... :?
Many people listen to music thru good dacs from their pc.The standalone version ll be very useful to them.
stergios

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:09 pm

I understand, and I was simply stating that if the feature request is not implemented to use a product in a way that is different than intended may require some third party tools.

I don't want to assume but are you on Windows? Because it seems Mac users don't have this issue as much due to much more flexible built-in audio routing as well as a few third party tools that make any other audio routing needs a breeze. Edit - you would still need a third-party tool like Audio Hijack, Soundflower, etc but it seems far easier to do on the Mac side which is a shame.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby stergios » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:19 pm

yes,iam on windows...and i really want to find a solution for this ;)
stergios

Postby The_Rocker » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:40 am

HI,,,

You need a VST Hosting program, that will play windows sounds through it,,,

Studio One Prime is free,,, you will simply install the program,,,

you need a Stereo (two track) interface,,, Presonus also makes these,,,
Or a card that will work with ASIO, or ASIO4ALL, and consider your outputs, probably surround,, lol,,,

Why would you buy a program, yet twice, for a purpose that it is not intended for. is your choice,,,
ACR 2 is just a calibration EQ,,, loading a reference EQ file,,, by vst in a host,,,

You just need to EQ your ROOM for you and what you hear for youtube especially is not an Audiophile quality content,,,

So many things here just not right, I suggest you do some research,,,
Room Modes. Room Nodes. Frequency reflection, Studio Room,
Look the above up through google, or, if needed I can post you some links, maybe,,,

It's up to you,,,
IKM- ST2/3/4 -AT3/4/5 -TR3/4/5-MP2-(almost everything actually)
Presonus Interfaces/Studio One 5 Pro - Self built Win10 PC 10th Gen Intel i7-64GB Ram-GTX1660 6GB-Fractal Case
.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`Merry Christmas !!!`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.
The_Rocker

Postby stergios » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:57 am

hi..thanks for yor answer.I know exactly what is arc for. I use it in cubase while mixing-mastering.I have all the availiable hardware(soundcard and mytek converters).I just want to find a solution to be able to listen everything ,even out of cubase thru Arc.I ll try the programm you suggested.Thanks
stergios

Postby The_Rocker » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:03 am

Ahhh cool,,,
Glad I responded then,,, this might help,,,

ALl you need to do it use Cubase as the program,,

THe rest is ins and outs,,,

You'll need to get your computer audio through your interface,,,
Headphones out would work, just watch your levels,,,
especially into your pres,,,

You probably have everything you need man,,

I'll hang out a bit, but if I don't answer right away, know I will,,,
IKM- ST2/3/4 -AT3/4/5 -TR3/4/5-MP2-(almost everything actually)
Presonus Interfaces/Studio One 5 Pro - Self built Win10 PC 10th Gen Intel i7-64GB Ram-GTX1660 6GB-Fractal Case
.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`Merry Christmas !!!`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.
The_Rocker

Postby stergios » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:56 pm

how can i play all the windows sounds thru studio one prime with internal routing??how can i do it with cubase?
stergios

Postby sunshineacid » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:36 am

It is the best way to get used to how your mix should sound with arc on - listen through arc to alot of reference tracks.

HERE IS HOW IT CAN BE DONE INTERNALLY IN WINDOWS:

You need to run Windows Systemaudio through an audiorouter into a VSThost running ARC that outputs it to your speaker via the Windowsdriver or Asiodriver of your Soundcard.

THESE ARE THE STEPS:

Download: VB audio Cable http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/ [audiorouter]
Download: Savihost http://www.hermannseib.com/english/savihost.htm [VSThost]
[both are donationware]

Install VB audiocable and select it as standard audio out in Windows. Copy savihost.exe to where your 32bit "ARC 2.dll" is located. Rename it to "ARC 2.exe". Run it as admin. In Savihost go to "devices" chose "wave". Select "CABLE output" as the input and your audiointerface as the output (may need to play around what works best).

All Windows audio will now run through arc. (Browser/Audioplayer aso)

Send a copy of savihost to desktop, generating a shortcut. Copy and paste that to windows autostart folder so it will be started everytime you boot up Windows.

Win7: C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Window s\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Chris
sunshineacid

Next

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools