Cannot connect iRig Blueboard to OSX 10.9.4

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Re: Cannot connect iRig Blueboard to OSX 10.9.4

Postby dinhobraga » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:03 pm

I have the same problem, But My imac is Mid 2012 and has Bluetooth 4.0. And I can´t connect. I try all things, I Installed the app for MAc and not cennected. some solution?!
dinhobraga

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:19 pm

dinhobraga wrote:I have the same problem, But My imac is Mid 2012 and has Bluetooth 4.0. And I can´t connect. I try all things, I Installed the app for MAc and not cennected. some solution?!

Please open a ticket with support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and they will assist you directly.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby matheusmbellini » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:51 pm

It works with my old MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2009 - OSX El Captain). I'm using the Asus BT400 USB adapter. After you insert the adapter, you have to open the Terminal app (in Utilities folder) and type this code:

sudo nvram bluetoothHostControllerSwitchBehavior=always

Press enter and the app will ask for your password. After typing your password and hitting enter again, all you have to do is reboot your Mac. :D

You just have to do it once. After that, insert the adapter whenever you want to use Bluetooth Low Energy and it's done!
matheusmbellini

Postby matheusmbellini » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:08 pm

For those with no LE Bluetooth:

It works with my old MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2009 - OSX El Captain). I'm using the Asus BT400 USB adapter. After you insert the adapter, you have to open the Terminal app (in Utilities folder) and type this code:

sudo nvram bluetoothHostControllerSwitchBehavior=always

Press enter and the app will ask for your password. After typing your password and hitting enter again, all you have to do is reboot your Mac. :D

You just have to do it once. After that, insert the adapter whenever you want to use Bluetooth Low Energy and it's done!
matheusmbellini

Postby danjs14 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:44 am

matheusmbellini I followed your steps and bought that adaptor but that did not work. I'm 10.9.5 on a MacBookPro from 2010
danjs14

Postby lazyguitar250 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:28 pm

Gran decepción me he llevado al comprar el IRig Blueboard y no poder conectarlo con mi Macbook pro... veo aca que no soy el único!!... :oops: Alguna solución para los clientes?
lazyguitar250

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:13 pm

lazyguitar250 wrote:Gran decepción me he llevado al comprar el IRig Blueboard y no poder conectarlo con mi Macbook pro... veo aca que no soy el único!!... :oops: Alguna solución para los clientes?

Please report your issue to IK Support and they will troubleshoot and work with you directly to resolve your issue.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby esqualo » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:58 pm

After several hours of trial and error... I managed to make it work.

First of all, update the Firmware of the Blueboard. You will need a PC for this. Once updated, download the Blueboard software for Mac.

Turn it the blueboard on by pressing the A buttom at the same time, this is just to make sure it is on Blueboard mode. This mode works only with the software provided. Open the software and hook up the blueboard to the software. If it connects, then thats the 1st step. Close the software.

If you want to use the Blueboard as a regular controller, then turn it off. Turn it on by pressing the C buttom at the same time. Now its in CC mode. Open up Midi Preferences in your Mac and then go to Window and Open midi Studio. There you will see all midi connections in your computer. There is one port that says Bluetooth, look for it. It has the Bluetooth logo. Double click on it and it will show up the Blueboard, connect to it.

Once connected you can use the blueboard a regular CC midi device.

As for the ipad, if you want to use it without the Blueboard App, open Garabe Band and Bluebooth connect it via this app. Close the app and it will remain connected.
esqualo

Postby mrvicione » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:36 pm

Non riesco a collegare la blueboard al mio mac pro del 2017. Cosa posso fare?
mrvicione

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:49 pm

mrvicione wrote:Non riesco a collegare la blueboard al mio mac pro del 2017. Cosa posso fare?

If your Mac Pro has Bluetooth LE built in and you have issues, please contact IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/ and they will assist you directly.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby j.d.taylor.writer » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:41 pm

Hi all,

If you have a Mac that fits the specs but still doesn't work, this fixed it for me:

MacBook Pro computers retain certain information even when the system is switched off. Resetting the NVRAM may resolve some issues. Reset the NVRAM by holding the "Command-Option-P-R" keys while starting up your computer. Press these keys before the grey startup screen appears. Release the keys after you hear the startup chime for the second time. When your system has fully loaded, reconnect the Bluetooth devices.
j.d.taylor.writer

Postby LuigiNot » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:10 pm

hi,

this is an answer thanks to the technical support

Please try the following steps:

1. Start the iRig BlueBoard device in native mode (while pressing the A button) and open the BlueBoard app. Make sure all other devices which use Bluetooth and have connected with the iRig BlueBoard device before are powered off (Or Bluetooth is powered off)

2. Select “Click here to connect” and let us know if the iRig BlueBoard appears here.

3. If your device does not appear, while the BlueBoard app is searching for the device, open a Finder window and go to the Utility folder to find your Audio MIDI Setup.

4. Inside this window, select MIDI Studio > Open Bluetooth Configuration.

5. Power on your iRig BlueBoard holding the B or C pads. This should trigger the iRig BlueBoard to appear in your Bluetooth configuration window. This will start the device in a MIDI over Bluetooth configuration. This will kick-start macOS to 'see' your iRig BlueBoard device.

6. Once recognized here, connect your device in the Bluetooth Configuration window.

7. Go back to the iRig BlueBoard app and power on your device holding the A pad to go back to native mode.

it worked.
Luigi
LuigiNot

Postby rob92 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:05 am

Everything worked UP TO “7.”, once I power the Blueboard back to native mode by powering it while pressing “A” then my MAC bluetooth does not “see” it anymore. It only sees it when powering it up while pressing “B” or “C”. which means, I can not use it with GarageBand on my MAC.
(It works fine with the Blueboard app itself or with Amplitube 4 while connected through the blueboard app but not when trying to connect with BT LE)

Any idea on how to solve this?
rob92

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:37 pm

rob92 wrote:Everything worked UP TO “7.”, once I power the Blueboard back to native mode by powering it while pressing “A” then my MAC bluetooth does not “see” it anymore. It only sees it when powering it up while pressing “B” or “C”. which means, I can not use it with GarageBand on my MAC.
(It works fine with the Blueboard app itself or with Amplitube 4 while connected through the blueboard app but not when trying to connect with BT LE)

Any idea on how to solve this?

I would suggest contacting IK Support directly yourself if the above options given to and posted by another user by the team do not work for you. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby KEISER56 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:53 am

I have the latest macbook pro 2019 and Bluetooth 4.0 just got the irig blueboard and it will not see it in the app, works on Ipad but not macbook pro which is what i got it for
KEISER56

PreviousNext

Return to Interfaces & Controllers