Announcing Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:42 pm

The new orchestra with legendary soul is now available for preorder

Miroslav Philharmonik™ 2 is the next-generation of the most emotionally expressive orchestral collection for Mac/PC. Made in conjunction with master musician and jazz legend Miroslav Vitous, it comes with over 1,000 new sounds that include soaring strings, animated woodwinds and majestic brass in both solo and ensemble forms. In total, it offers a remarkable 55GB+ content library with over 2,500 instruments sampled in stunning high-resolution audio with multiple articulations plus over 30 professional quality effects, 3 powerful playback engines, a synthesizer section, a built-in mixer and a whole lot more. Miroslav Philharmonik 2 is fully compatible with IK’s SampleTank 3 sound and groove workstation and can be used as a standalone orchestral composition powerhouse, or as a an additional add-on instrument library in SampleTank 3.

Simply beautiful sound

Miroslav Philharmonik 2 builds on the core library of its predecessor with over 1,000 new instruments recorded in the ensemble strings, solo strings, ensemble brass, solo brass, ensemble woodwinds and solo woodwind categories. Its sounds have been meticulously voiced and edited by hand with the same sampling techniques that made the original Miroslav Philharmonik one of the most popular and emotionally expressive orchestral workstations of all time.

Listen to Audio Demos.

Each of these new sounds has been recorded at the Czech National Symphony Orchestra, a space that's been used by such legendary figures as Andrea Bocelli, Ennio Morricone, Lalo Schifrin and, of course, Miroslav Vitous himself.

Ecstasy. Passion. Joy.

Miroslav Philharmonik 2's instruments and sounds are able to convey the emotion and humanity of the musician behind each note. This makes it a perfect choice for when a more delicate or expressive touch is required: Like when scoring tragic love stories, recording romantic R&B ballads or adding symphonic grandeur to gothic metal anthems.

Every new sound includes its own articulations that can be accessed either via a convenient key switching system that lets musicians instantly play flowing legatos, animated pizzicatos, aggressive spiccatos, elegant staccatos, triumphant fortissimos and more. All articulations are also available as individual instruments.

In addition to the new sounds, Miroslav Philharmonik 2 also comes with an updated library of instruments from the original Miroslav Philharmonik. These classic instruments have been enhanced to take advantage of the new SampleTank 3 technology powering Miroslav Philharmonik 2. This provides more possibilities for sonic sculpting than ever before: All instruments now come with 8 macro controls (as opposed to 4) that control features like a 3-band EQ, a filter cutoff and envelope parameters like attack and release that are perfect for on-the-fly adjustments.

Powerful processing

Miroslav Philharmonik 2 includes over 30 professional-grade studio plug-in effects from IK Multimedia's acclaimed SampleTank 3 sound and groove workstation. These effects encompass the full range of the sonic spectrum and include equalizers, dynamic processors, filters, modulation effects, reverbs, delays and more. It also includes 4 of the best analog-modeled mastering effects from IK's acclaimed T-RackS mixing and mastering suite for complete, in-the-box mixing.

Beyond these effects, Miroslav Philharmonik 2 also comes with an updated ConvoRoom convolution reverb unit that now sports a new virtual room that displays the physical space acoustically represented.

With such a collection of effects, musicians can create professional, broadcast-quality productions straight inside Miroslav Philharmonik 2 itself with no additional processing required!

Play. Mix. Edit: Advanced control

Miroslav Philharmonik 2 uses the same Play, Mix and Edit pages as SampleTank 3. These pages give musicians an extreme amount of intuitive creative control over Miroslav Philharmonik 2's orchestral sounds. It comes with an easy-to-use instrument browser, a 16-part DAW-style mixer with per-channel effect slots and global send/return and a powerful synthesizer section with 3 sample playback engines and 10 high-quality filters. With the synthesizer, musicians can quickly and easily transform a simple trumpet into a massive synth lead or a mighty brass ensemble into a dreamy pad - Miroslav Philharmonik 2 literally lets composers explore the furthest reaches of their creative minds.

Seamless integration

Miroslav Philharmonik 2 is based on SampleTank 3 technology. This means that it can be used on its own as a standalone instrument or as an additional library inside of the SampleTank 3 sound and groove workstation.

Pricing and availability

Miroslav Philharmonik 2 will be available in December, 2015. Miroslav Philharmonik 2 can be purchased as a direct digital download from the IK store or select music retailers worldwide, or as a boxed version with a USB flash drive. It is currently available for pre-orderat special, limited-time introductory pricing via the IK online store and from select music retailers in a number of different options:

Current owners of Miroslav Philharmonik can preorder the upgrade for as low as $/€199.99* for direct download or $/€229.99 for a boxed copy.

Users with qualifying IK software can get preorder crossgrade pricing for as low as $/€299.99 for a direct download or $/€329.99 for a boxed copy.

New users can preorder Miroslav Philharmonik 2 for as low as $/€399.99 for a direct download or $/€429.99 for a boxed copy. Miroslav Philharmonik 2 will have a retail price of $499.99 ($529.99 for the boxed version). Upgrade and crossgrade pricing will also be available.

*all prices excluding taxes
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Announcing Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Postby neutronic » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:10 pm

That's a big and unexpected release! :) Do the JamPoints work with the preorder?
neutronic

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:28 pm

neutronic wrote:That's a big and unexpected release! :) Do the JamPoints work with the preorder?

You can use JamPoints during the preorder period, yes. Some are reporting some issues redeeming JamPoints, drop me a PM if you experience any issues. Thanks.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby neutronic » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:47 am

That is good news, thanks Peter. I tried checking the final price in cart including JamPoints earlier and it didn't work. That's why I asked. I will PM you if I have the same issue when it's time for actual ordering for me. :)

P. S. - just saw Miroslav 2 in Custom Shop. I think I'll go that route. :D

P. P. S. - just checked the calendar for December. My bet for the release date is Dec. 19th.
neutronic

Postby allanh » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:17 am

That is very good news. The legacy Miroslav has become one of my favorites.

Q: is every note individually sampled?

The stretching is one of the few noticeable artifacts with the original Miroslav and the MP samples included in ST3.

Thanks in advance.
allanh

Postby DarkStar » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:37 am

neutronic wrote:That is good news, thanks Peter. I tried checking the final price in cart including JamPoints earlier and it didn't work. That's why I asked. I will PM you if I have the same issue when it's time for actual ordering for me. :)

I would pre-order it at the introductory price; that price ends when MP2 is released in December.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby neutronic » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:20 am

Thanks, DarkStar, that' s what I'm planning to do. I meant "when it is time for me to order" and not when I'm just checking the price. :)

On another note, I have a question I don't seem to find an answer to in the description. Do Miro 2 instruments have velocity layers in addition to round robins?
neutronic

Postby youadri » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:50 pm

Can you clarify whether this will be a discrete 64-bit AU I can use inside Logic Pro X on my Mac without requiring additional software?
youadri

Postby DarkStar » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:07 am

Hello youadri and welcome to the forum.

The MP2 Specs page says:
Mac® (64-bit):
Mac OS X 10.7 or later
Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): Audio Units, VST 2, VST 3, AAX.

Is there more info that you need?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Shithawk » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:29 am

Can anyone from IKM tell us whether the audio examples given are true dry examples of the new instruments/multis? It would be good to hear some of the raw samples and not processed tracks/productions. Is that possible? Even better would be to play some of the "new" samples vs some from the original MP.
Shithawk

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:46 pm

The audio demos are only using Miroslav Philharmonik 2 and no other sounds or effects. The samples were created in a more neutral/dry way in order to allow you to use Convo Room or similar to put them in the type of space you desire for your project.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby neutronic » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:39 pm

Peter, could you also answer allanh's and my questions? Thanks.
neutronic

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:54 pm

neutronic wrote:Thanks, DarkStar, that' s what I'm planning to do. I meant "when it is time for me to order" and not when I'm just checking the price. :)

On another note, I have a question I don't seem to find an answer to in the description. Do Miro 2 instruments have velocity layers in addition to round robins?

Yes they have velocity layers.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:55 pm

allanh wrote:That is very good news. The legacy Miroslav has become one of my favorites.

Q: is every note individually sampled?

The stretching is one of the few noticeable artifacts with the original Miroslav and the MP samples included in ST3.

Thanks in advance.

I will forward this question.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby neutronic » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:57 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Yes they have velocity layers.

This is very good! Thank you for the clarification, Peter.
neutronic

Next

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More