iGrand Piano & iLectric Piano on Google Play!

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of Android music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iGrand Piano & iLectric Piano on Google Play!

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:54 pm

Have you seen this yet? iGrand Piano and iLectric Piano are on Google Play! They should also be on the Samsung store in a short time too.

Here's a shot of iGrand Piano on Google Play:

iGrand Piano full: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... dpianofull

iLectric Piano full: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ectricfull

iGrand Piano free: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... dpianofree

iLectric Piano free: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ectricfree
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: iGrand Piano & iLectric Piano on Google Play!

Postby ski88keys » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:15 pm

Peter,

Any chance this will open to NON Samsung devices in the near future?
- SampleTank 3 and 4 Max, Total Studio 3, Komplete Ultimate, Studio One 3 Professional, Cantabile, + various sound and effects plug-ins
- I7-4700MQ, 16GB RAM, Windows 10
- Kurzweil PC2, MKii 61, Focusrite 2i2
ski88keys

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:25 pm

ski88keys wrote:Peter,

Any chance this will open to NON Samsung devices in the near future?

It is - please see the Google Play links above.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ski88keys » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:45 pm

Peter,

Thanks for the clarification. I read the info a second time and realized the references to Samsung were referring to recording. Is there any information on how much latency is the norm...understanding all devises are a different?

Thanks Again!
- SampleTank 3 and 4 Max, Total Studio 3, Komplete Ultimate, Studio One 3 Professional, Cantabile, + various sound and effects plug-ins
ski88keys

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:32 pm

ski88keys wrote:Peter,

Thanks for the clarification. I read the info a second time and realized the references to Samsung were referring to recording. Is there any information on how much latency is the norm...understanding all devises are a different?

Thanks Again!

That would indeed vary by device and environment - I would say the best way to test would be to try the free versions on your device and see how it performs. If you run into any issues doing so, support will also field questions about the free apps too so they could help if it is unbearable in your setup for some reason.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ski88keys » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:40 pm

Am I the only one excited about iGrand and iLectric? I thought people have been wanting this. Seems like this came in under the radar of most of us. I am going to try the demo first. But need to purchases the otg cable. Is there a diagram and tutorial for how to hook our Android devices up? Anyway, thanks IK for working to get all us Android users into the mix.
ski88keys

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:26 pm

If you are planning on using the iRig Keys/Rig Keys PRO there should be a diagram for usage with iOS devices in the iRig Keys/iRig Keys PRO User Manual. This should be similar to the Android connection (Aside from the different cable and ports). I have included a link to these below.

http://www.ikmanual.com/irigkeys

http://www.ikmanual.com/irigkeyspro

It should be a simply Micro USB or OTG (On the iRig Keys/iRig Keys PRO) to Micro USB OTG (On the Android device) connection.

For more information on the iRig Keys/iRig Keys PRO you can also check out this link below.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irigkeys/

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irigkeyspro/
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby ski88keys » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:36 pm

I would want to use it on another controller keyboard..not on an Irig
ski88keys

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:24 pm

If you are not planning on using the iRig Keys. You can use the iRig MIDI 2 or iRig PRO for this type of connection.

The iRig PRO includes a MIDI IN port and the iRig MIDI 2 includes a MIDI IN, THRU, and OUT port. This means any MIDI controller which uses these types of connections should work with either of these devices.

For more information on these products check out these links below.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irigpro/

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irigmidi2/

Micro-USB-OTG to Mini-DIN cable (sold separately) is required.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby ski88keys » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:43 pm

Ok...So I have researched using iGrand and iELectric...I have a couple questions.

1. Do I have to use iRig midi 2 or iRig pro, or are there 3rd party devices that do the same thing?
2. Is the purpose of iRig midi and pro IKs answer for latency?
3. Will iRig midi and pro be bundled w Android apps instead of ios apps in the near future?
4. Are there plans for an Android version of SampleTank and moog, tron, etc?
5. Once hooking up iRig midi or pro to the controller, I imagine you would have to go out of the headphone/aux out jack to amp/mixer/or speakers...correct?

Last, if there is any other information you feel I need, please let me know. As I mentioned in an earlier post on this thread, I'm not sure why there is not as much excitement about this as I would have expected. I appreciate IK being the lead in trying to us Android users into mix that ios users haclve enjoyed. Thanks IK!
ski88keys

Postby ski88keys » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:52 pm

if I buy a micro usb OTG with a female usb and then plug a usb in that, then into my keyboard controller... Will that work for low latency? It seems better and more cost effective than having to buy an a mini OTG to mini USB and then still having to buy the IRig midi 2. Any thoughts out there?
ski88keys

Postby stuka » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:54 pm

I'm wondering why iGrand on my Samsung Galaxy 5 sounds quite different from iGrand on my iOs devices. My iPod and iPad Mini sound FANTASTIC, and both sound the same, but the Samsung sounds lifeless and thin.
stuka

Postby ski88keys » Fri May 27, 2016 1:08 am

stuka wrote:I'm wondering why iGrand on my Samsung Galaxy 5 sounds quite different from iGrand on my iOs devices. My iPod and iPad Mini sound FANTASTIC, and both sound the same, but the Samsung sounds lifeless and thin.

I have igrand and ILectric for Android and it is terrible compared to my iOS versions on my iPad. Latency and low polyphony. I wish I could get my money back from the Android versions. I bought both and purchased all the extra libraries for them. I am so bummed. What's worse...I have posted many times on this thread and...crickets. :cry:
ski88keys

Postby Peter_IK » Fri May 27, 2016 1:37 am

If other users haven't chimed in with opinions or solutions for any potential issues, have you reported issues to IK Support? This forum is mainly for user-to-user interaction so if other users haven't participated but you are having technical issues you can reach the technical support staff at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ski88keys » Sat May 28, 2016 3:21 pm

Peter, I will check w tech support and report back to this thread in case other users are having the same issues. I like using the forum first as I have for others issues I have had sor st2 and st3 because one, the issues are usually something I have done incorrectly and are resolved here in the forum. Second other users with same problem can benefit if they have the same issues also.
ski88keys

Next

Return to Android Apps & Accessories