registry error

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

registry error

Postby myconsumerclub » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:08 am

I was successfully using tank the other day and now it is the weekend and I go to use thee synths (got all 5 ) and they all listed in my DAW but when I try to load Miro Moog or Tank it says registtry error and something about checking to see if they are properly installed.
myconsumerclub

Re: registry error

Postby DarkStar » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:17 am

Do the standalone programs work OK and load / play instruments?

If on Windows 7, make sure you are running your DAW host "as Administrator".
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby myconsumerclub » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:16 pm

just tried and only sample tank will load in stand alone mode everything else says registry error and tells me the plugin may not be installed right.

when opening up and trying to load in sonar 8 they lock up my daw mostly or fail to load
myconsumerclub

Postby myconsumerclub » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:36 pm

went into the IKmultimedia folder here C:\Program Files (x86)\IK Multimedia and looked into each folder of the 5 and right clicked on the ex and ran as admin it works fine.

If I go here and look into my vst folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Cakewalk\Vstplugins
and I find a dll file for say philharmonik and I right click it go security and edit permissions I notice only
read
and read and execute
are checked.

should I enable the program to have
full control,
write
and modify
myconsumerclub

Postby DarkStar » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:44 pm

No, do not change those permissions for the plug-in dll files.

You need to run the DAW host, Sonar, "as Administrator". And, just to check - Sonar will load 32-bit plug-ins OK, won't it?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby myconsumerclub » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:46 pm

yes I have lots of 32 bit plugins
myconsumerclub

Postby myconsumerclub » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:51 pm

just reinstalled tank and everything is working but miroslav which never worked to begin with and it was the only one that never showed up in my daw when I clicked insert then soft synth. All the others showed up but not miroslav now over in the browser in sonar it shows up but not in the drop down insert menu.
Last edited by myconsumerclub on Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
myconsumerclub

Postby DarkStar » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:51 pm

(a) to help others, what steps did you take to sort out the problems?

(b) I do not know Sonar, your best bet may be to raise an IK Multimedia support Ticket (on Moday).
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby myconsumerclub » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:44 pm

miroslav is running stand alone now. Really all I did was run the installer again.
myconsumerclub

Postby myconsumerclub » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:07 am

The miroslav sounds nicer to me in its own synth than inside sample tank so I hope support can figure out what is wrong with this one of the 5 that it will not open up inside of sonar x1 64 bit
myconsumerclub

Postby DarkStar » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:38 am

That sound difference may be the Reverb automatically added in MP:

From this thread:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3636

DarkStar wrote:Also, in ST2, the MP instruments do not automatically have the Reverb loaded in the first Send FX slot.

------------------
In Philharmonik, CSReverb is automatically loaded into the first Send FX slot and the Send 1 control for each instrument slot is set to -6dB to send the audio to the reverb. The output is always on 1+2.

Here is a violin with is main audio routed to 3+4. In Reaper you can see the main audio on the second audio track and the reverbed output on the first audio track.

Image . . . Big pic: http://i.imgur.com/K9onM.png

The reverb is part of the Send FX, not the instruments so it is not loaded automatically into ST2. but you can easily set it up yourself by adding CSReverb to the first Send FX slot, routing your instruments to outputs other than 1+2 and turning up the Send level. As in (this time the main output is on 5+6):

Image . .. Big pic; http://i.imgur.com/giwTf.png
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby myconsumerclub » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:19 pm

so Miroslav and Sample tank are essentially duplicates of the same software with different samples and gui's. What are the differences in the others. Seems to me the leads in sample moog sound a lot more lead like when played in that synth. Tron sample that were included in sample tank free could not be found as named in sample tron and when I looked into putting that file inside of sample tron it would not open in sample tron. It would inside of sample tank ut it is a tron patch that would not open on Stron.

Also one of the spanish guitar samples not sure which was extremely out of tune not that thre are not others and I play an Ibanez classical for that sort of thing myself anyway.

So far I am very impressed with the miroslav tank and sonik the most. Tron is okay but the free samples in sample tank free were the ones I like most. The moog sounds cool but it is samples and a moog is a lead instrument IMHO and I prefer the sound of G Forces Minimonsta by a great vast insurmountable gap. Of course if your into pads then the pads on it are okay. The leads are somewhat usable but for the most part are lacking in the unpredictability and movement in sound that makes a synth more interesting to play.

I am wondering if tagging on things like diversion FX or bi filter from tone 2 might restore some movement if I loaded this on the output of sample moog. Has anyone tried anything like that?
myconsumerclub

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:51 am

The ST2 engine is newer that the others (have a look at the "Dates Modified" for the .exes and .dlls). I cannot recall the precise differences.

Only SampleTank can open Instruments from the other libraries.

Check out the FX built into the products. They can be used as Insert or Send or Master effects. Try the 'Tone Control' FX.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Re: registry error - Windows 8.1

Postby pinball2k » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:44 am

I got the registry error yesterday and, thanks to this Foram, I now have SampleTank 2.5 running under Pro-Tools V8.05 and also as a stand alone application. The only real solution seems to be to Rn As Administrator. That means to run SampleTank as a plugin to Pro-Tools, I have to run Pro-Tools using Run As Administrator. Also, to run SampleTank as a stand alone app, I have to use Run As Administrator for the app itself.

All seems good now except, why do we have to do this? This is frustrating and took me over a day to resolve. Thank you Forum. The least IK should do is change the stupid Registry message to be clearer.
pinball2k

Postby DarkStar » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:14 am

----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Next

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More