AmpliTube & iRig HD-A now available for Android on Samsung

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of Android music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

AmpliTube & iRig HD-A now available for Android on Samsung

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:05 pm

AmpliTube and iRig HD-A now available for Android on Samsung devices

The first Android guitar amp/effects app and digital guitar interface Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy Note Edge and more

ImageImage

IK is proud to announce a new breakthrough in mobile music creation, the first professional guitar processing app and digital interface available for Android. AmpliTube and iRig HD-A are now available for the latest Samsung devices running Samsung Professional Audio, like the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy Note Edge and more. Now Samsung users will be able to connect their guitar or bass to their Android™ device and play with the sound of the most sought after amplifiers and effects from their smartphone, anytime and everywhere!

Guitar tone on a smartphone
AmpliTube is the most popular multi-effects app for mobile guitarists and bass players. It simulates the full amplification and effects chain used by musicians to perform both live and in the studio. The new AmpliTube app for Samsung Professional Audio sports a full guitar rig made of up to 3 stompbox effects, an amplifier, a speaker cabinet and a microphone.

It comes with up to 11 stompbox effects, 5 amplifiers with 5 cabinets and 2 microphones. This lets players emulate virtually any guitar tone, from clean to crunch to metal and everything in between - the entire sonic palette is covered, satisfying the needs of even the most demanding musicians.

The app also offers 15 easy to save and recall presets and a digital tuner. It has everything that's needed for guitarists and bass players to play, practice or perform with their new Samsung devices. The app comes in 3 flavors: full, free and LE, with the difference being the number of effects and amps included. The AmpliTube LE version is part of the Galaxy Gifts app bundle that comes as a complimentary download for Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy Note Edge users* (a $9.99 gift).

*Available in most countries. Check local Samsung website for availability.

Plug and play
And now Samsung users can connect their guitar or bass to their smartphone with the new iRig HD-A. It's the first digital guitar interface for Android that allows plug-and-play connectivity and the highest possible sound quality. Featuring a high-definition 24-bit/48kHz A/D converter, it offers a direct high-impedance input for guitars or other instruments and a direct connection to the device via the included OTG cable (an additional USB cable is also available for use with PC).

The input signal can be regulated using the onboard gain potentiometer, while a multicolor LED displays the optimal signal level. The processed sound can be monitored from the regular mini jack output of the device through headphones or speakers.

Along with the iRig HD-A, users can also choose from IK's range of analog interfaces, like the iRig guitar interface adapter or the iRig Stomp pedal interface. Both use the mini jack for the input/output connection with the device. Now mobile guitarists and bass players have many options that suit a wide variety of needs, applications and budgets.

Real time audio processing on Android
Previously not possible on Android devices, the AmpliTube app is now available thanks to the new Samsung Professional Audio system. Available on the new Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy Note Edge - and soon to be available on the Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 3 and other devices - this system allows users to process audio in real time without perceptible latency. Now Android can support AmpliTube, which means musicians can enjoy real time effects and instrument processing anytime and everywhere.

The new Samsung Professional Audio compatible devices come with Samsung SoundCamp, a free and full-fledged music studio app that lets musicians record and compose full songs entirely within the device. The AmpliTube app can be used as a standalone application but also as a plug-in inside the new SoundCamp studio for full recording and play-along uses.

Pricing and availability
The new AmpliTube app for Android/Samsung Professional Audio is available through the Samsung Apps store for only $19.99/€17.99. Free and LE versions are also available. The AmpliTube LE version (a $9.99/€7.99 value) is complementary for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy Note Edge users as a part of the Galaxy Gifts apps program.

The new iRig HD-A digital guitar interface is now available through the IK Online Store and select music and consumer electronics retailers for $99.99/€79.99. The iRig guitar interface adapter is available for $39.99/€29.99 and the iRig Stomp guitar pedal interface is available for $69.99/€44.99 (excluding taxes).

For more information, please click here

To view the AmpliTube for Android videos click here
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: AmpliTube & iRig HD-A now available for Android on Samsu

Postby seafoam_green » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:26 pm

Hi there ,
Hows the compatibility when paired up with the iLoud ?
seafoam_green

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:36 pm

seafoam_green wrote:Hi there ,
Hows the compatibility when paired up with the iLoud ?

As with the iOS version (of AmpliTube but also most music creation apps) if you are pairing via Bluetooth there will be no audio streamed from the app.

If you mean using the built-in iRig circuit in iLoud, that should work just as regular iRig works on Android devices with AmpliTube. I have asked our support to verify this, though, and will let you know.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby seafoam_green » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:52 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
seafoam_green wrote:
If you mean using the built-in iRig circuit in iLoud, that should work just as regular iRig works on Android devices with AmpliTube. I have asked our support to verify this, though, and will let you know.

Cheers , thanks for organising the verification with the support team Peter .
seafoam_green

Postby circusprod » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:37 pm

waiting for the android L NOW :ugeek:
circusprod

Postby khushalbhadra » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:45 am

First of all thank you so much for releasing an android version of amplitube.

However, I am just wondering why only Samsung. It is believed that Google fixed the latency issues with the release of Android L OS. Can we expect that this would work for other Android devices like Nexus, Xiaomi mi3 mi4 etc

In times to come will the Irig for ios work on Android devices? its like buying another device for another phone?
khushalbhadra

Postby buji » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:42 pm

Anxiously awaiting delivery of my HD-A. When will the blueboard work with android Amplitube?
buji

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:14 pm

khushalbhadra wrote:First of all thank you so much for releasing an android version of amplitube.

However, I am just wondering why only Samsung. It is believed that Google fixed the latency issues with the release of Android L OS. Can we expect that this would work for other Android devices like Nexus, Xiaomi mi3 mi4 etc

In times to come will the Irig for ios work on Android devices? its like buying another device for another phone?

This is the first step, please note that the Samsung Professional Audio architecture is currently required to have AmpliTube perform up to the standards we have. However, this is only the first step and there should be more support going forward so keep an eye out for news on this in the future.

iRig HD will also work with the proper cabling on Android devices so if you have it you can see we've added information to the Specs page for iRig HD here: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/ir ... g-hd-specs
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby goldierutherford » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:04 am

Hi there, I am wondering if Irig pro and Blueboard will ever work with Android devices? Cheers, Goldie
goldierutherford

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:18 pm

We plan to move forward, for sure, and will share more news as we have it. MIDI over Bluetooth with iRig Blueboard would likely be a bit more challenging than our other digital interface iRig PRO but anything is possible :)
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:13 pm

We've seen questions about iRig HD-A and AmpliTube support on other devices, please note that the Specs pages for iRig HD-A and AmpliTube mention there will be more devices supported in the future.

Please see http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/ir ... hd-a-specs and http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/am ... roid-specs and keep an eye out for more new as it comes.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby circusprod » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:49 pm

do you think the nexus 6 will be a good choice for audio on android :ugeek:
circusprod

Postby buji » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:42 pm

well, mine came in today. Very excited. Plugged it in and it crashes amplitube immediately. Yay. Opened a ticket. :-/

opening amplitiube after plugging it in, amplitube indicates that it's switching to usb audio, but instead just uses the built in mic.

And yes, I'm on a NOTE 4.
buji

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:26 am

We've seen an occasional issue where you need to make sure you've restarted your device before running AmpliTube without issue. It isn't required every time, if it works, so that's good. Please try that if you already haven't and I'm sure support will get you up and running if you still have issues.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tom.michetti » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:31 pm

Hi,
Was very excited when I saw this as a gift on the Note4. I tried it with a small USB SoundBlaster hooedk to an OTG cable and it works AWESOME! I'm very please since I've been playing around with JACK Audio on Linux with GuitarIX for a while. Got excited when I read the Samsung SDK is using Jack underneath.

It really works well, so well that I bought the optional Amps/effests bundle. It's able to play along with other new apps like Thumbjam at the same time (and SoundCamp of course). The only bug I see, which I think was already mentioned in this thread, is if you run and stop it, you have to restart the phone to restart the app. Another thing to note is you have to start the app prior to hooking up the sound card or it hangs on startup.

One thing I have been trying to accomplish is to play along with an mp3 or other type of recorded audio. SoundCamp will only import WAV files, which is cumbersome. I also read that the Apple version of the program can play a song along with the program, but see no option on the Android version. Is there a way you guys have to play music along with this in Android? That would make this the killer practice device with headphones. Since the audio for regular music players are still feeding out the standard phone audio jack, I may build one of these if there is not solution:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Altoids ... reo-Mixer/

A software solution would be best though. If you have any suggestion on this please let me know!
Thanks for this awesome piece of kit!
Tom
tom.michetti

Next

Return to Android Apps & Accessories