Why there is no amplitube for linux?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Why there is no amplitube for linux?

Postby Lben » Sat May 31, 2014 11:07 pm

I am wondering why is this?. I have purchased an stealth pedal and even the official amplitube book (which needs an update by the way) and can not use it on my linux machine, I've put money on your products and you think make a version for my platform does not worth? :x

Im really angry I have to say. I dont want to use windows or macos to use amplitube cs so i wont spend a penny on any of your products until you release a linux version. Its kind of "racist" and I dont like it.

Hope you consider to release a version not just for me but for many people who uses linux and want amplitube on our machines. Use windows or mac is not the answer.

Thank you.
Lben

Re: Why there is no amplitube for linux?

Postby Obitheincredible » Sat May 31, 2014 11:10 pm

Thank you for your suggestions on AmpliTube/Linux.
Obitheincredible
1K Club

Postby Lben » Sat May 31, 2014 11:19 pm

obitheincredible wrote:Thank you for your suggestions on AmpliTube/Linux.

?

You are welcome, so is there any plan for a future amplitube linux release? thanks.
Lben

Postby Obitheincredible » Sat May 31, 2014 11:23 pm

No, there are currently no plans for extended support on Linux or its many variations. I'll be sure to pass along this info to our support team though. Currently all of our products list what OSs are supported. Linux isn't listed. Our products do what is stated and Linux has never been supported.

Some users have been able to get our software to work with WINE on Linux and other work arounds, but again, they are not supported by us officially.
Obitheincredible
1K Club

Postby aims.tom@gmail.com » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:02 am

Well this is strange. And coming from this writer that is to be expected. But you folks write really sophisticated (I presume) software and your code jockeys cannot incorporate it into "Linux"? I am am amazed! After working with several very sophisticated programmers over the years- people who helped me with video long before it could be found everywhere on the web:"Newtek Video Toaster" the windows version and even for Amigas ( a long lost GREAT computer).
These programmers once explained the code for the actual program is the hard part; operating systems just required links and a hell of a lot of debugging. You guys wrote the software and getting it to work on a Mac OS is a great feat now dig a little deeper and get a Linux version out
By the way I read several (about) 4 requests for Linux information and all I saw was the same response about 10 words long saying thank you for you request but no real response. NICE Customer support! Finally I did see a few more lines in a response, almost a paragraph giving some lame un informed aspect of your Linux concept-no plans!
aims.tom@gmail.com

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:47 pm

Sorry to hear that you are disappointed but there simply isn't a market that would make the amount of time required to port (you point out the debugging, etc, not to mention a completely different plugin format) and support AmpliTube on a platform on which most other major audio companies also do not have products available (likely for the same reason).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Lben » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:18 pm

The videogame industry thought exactly the same until Steam came and took everyone by surprise and they have been doing very well so far. Don't underestimate us, after all we, the linux users, are the ones that are willing to pay for software instead of the uneducated windows market where the piracy is a common place.

Don't forget that you are giving your back to a community of users that are not only willing to pay for your software but for your books, hardware and everything in between as well if you give us proper support.

I hope you reconsider our platform before someone of the competition do it first.
Lben

Postby markelane » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:53 pm

I'm really angry I have to say. I dont want to use windows or macos to use amplitube cs so i wont spend a penny on any of your products until you release a linux version.

Do you need a hug?
markelane

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:00 pm

By the way, the quite frankly ludicrous "racist" comment in the OP slipped by or this thread would not even exist any more. Tone down that stuff or this thread will be moderated. That's just WAY over the top and not acceptable.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby alexanderlindo » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:54 am

I'd love to see Linux and more specifically Ubuntu support for Amplitube.

Seeing as Ubuntu users currently have Bitwig Studio, Tracktion, Mixbus & Ardour 4 DAW platforms available with Linux VST plugin support, it would be great to see support not only for Amplitube but for the T-Racks plugin suite, natively under Ubuntu Linux. This would help to expand the current marketshare of IK Multimedia to those who are looking for a superior platform to Windows but can't quite make it to the Mac. Or to those who prefer to work under the Linux environment.

Ubuntu provides a stable, secure and user friendly platform for many users. The fact that there are not many plugins available in VST format for the Ubuntu Linux platform makes support a key selling point for your customers. You do not need to worry about the many different variations of Linux. Ubuntu is and has been the most popular Linux distribution since its inception. It would be most appreciated if you could look into providing support in the near future. Cheers to who ever makes this possible. Have a great day and continue to make great plugins.
T-RackS CS 5 | AmpliTube CS 4 | macOS 10.15 | Logic Pro X 10.5 | Apple Logic Certified Pro | Pro Tools Certified Pro Tools Operator
alexanderlindo

Postby uldarik » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:43 am

Might not be an answer but there is solution !

:D Such a releaf. The windows version actually works flawlessly on ubuntu 18.04 with Wine and Carla.

Download the windows version of AmpliTube and downoad carla from theyre website search for carla vst on google.

To install carla, simply unpack the tarball on your home folder and you can start carla by double-clicking on the carla file. You may have to make it executable.

Install wine from ubuntu repository

Code: Select all
sudo apt install wine-stable

cd to where you downloaded AmpliTube and type

Code: Select all
wine ./Install\ AmpliTube\ 4\ \(Ver.\ 4.9.0\).exe

then go back in carla and configure the path to the vst pluggin folder inside the wine prefix usualy in /home/user/.wine.

After that, enable the wine bridge in Carla. Refresh the pluggins in the add pluggin menu and then your good to go. After that you can point your favorite linux DAW to the vst folder inside the carla folder. AmpliTube 4 works very well on reaper through carla, but obviously impossible to route audio in standalone mode must be run with carla. Custom shop and autentification works verygood as well.

P.S dont install Carla with apt-get because the version in the repository doesnt support wine-bridging .
uldarik

Postby dlgebert » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:09 am

Sat May 31, 2014 4:07 pm

You had to dig pretty deep to ressurect this post... ;)

I'm still waiting for Amplitube for the Commodore 64....

DLG wrote:Fri September 23, 1983 12:38 pm

When will there be a Commodore 64 version? Hopefully version -23.104?

:D
dlgebert

Postby blanc666 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:20 am

Windows support continues to lag behind what IK Multimedia offers for Mac so it's not really a surprise. It's still fairly recent that the industry has accepted people using other Pro Tools + Mac.

It's going to be mostly home studio amateur programmers (all due respect to programmers working on linux audio, I mean it more as opposed to commercial) developing the linux production environment for a while to come.

This thread is quite old, the stealth line isn't even offered anymore, but it still shows up in google search, nothing more has come up in the past 6 years and linux audio production is in a similar position as it was then, there are options just nowhere near as many
blanc666

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:24 pm

blanc666 wrote:Windows support continues to lag behind what IK Multimedia offers for Mac so it's not really a surprise. It's still fairly recent that the industry has accepted people using other Pro Tools + Mac.

I'd agree with the rest of your reply, but this I would not agree with at all. What do we offer for Mac that isn't supported on Windows? I'm primarily Windows for years and all of my IK gear (which is literally all of it) works flawlessly in Windows and has for years.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby blanc666 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:04 am

windows drivers only recently became available for the irig micro amp, i bought mine around September last year and when I looked for drivers found advice to use Asio4all on windows devices. The actuall driver from IK Multimedia only became available a couple months ago.

So yes Windows support does lag behind, I never suggested there is no support just that it takes longer
blanc666

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling