READ BEFORE YOU POST! General Discussions Forum

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Re: General Discussions Forum

Postby lukebredin » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:06 pm

felixfacenda wrote:i can't believe that i had called ik multimedia company for technicall support and they haven't gave me a call back since yerterday. Not happy with you guys man you should be responsible with your customers and if you don't get the phone beacuse you guys are busy you should give a call back because i had lose to days of session because the serial number of my arc room correction is invalid come on guys!!!

Sorry for the delayed response here, I personally do not work for IK so I can not comment on the technical support side but I help out here in the forums where I can. Again sorry for the slow response, it has been a super busy week my end producing this new band.

Your installing arc on a PC so if you download the install pack from your IK user area for the ARC, there will be an un-installer in the zip file. Use that un-installer to un-istall the ARC from your computer, if you have made measurements I would back the files up as I do not personally know what happens to them when you un-install from a pc as I only use macs my end. After you have un-installed the ARC from your computer, install it again and it will ask you to authorise it again. This time use your own serial code. After that restore your backed up filter files to the filter folder.

Hope that helps
T-Racks CS | ARC2 | AT3, Slash, Fender, Hedrix, Ampeg | ST2XL, Miroslav Philharmonic, Sonik Synth, Sample Moog | iMac 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 -16GB Ram | Mac OS X 10.9.1 | Logic Pro X | Certified Logic Pro 9 Master Pro
lukebredin

Postby felixfacenda » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:10 pm

Guys i got a question im using the arc room correction plugin in pro tools on my master fader and i don't i i should use it pre fader or post fader when im mixing?
felixfacenda

Postby lukebredin » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:21 pm

It should be the last plugin on your chain, it should be the last thing your signal goes through as it is for monitoring purposes.

I personally just leave it at the default of post fader. I just make sure nothing is clipping quickly when I bypass the ARC for when I want to bounce down the song.
T-Racks CS | ARC2 | AT3, Slash, Fender, Hedrix, Ampeg | ST2XL, Miroslav Philharmonic, Sonik Synth, Sample Moog | iMac 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 -16GB Ram | Mac OS X 10.9.1 | Logic Pro X | Certified Logic Pro 9 Master Pro
lukebredin

Postby felixfacenda » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:15 pm

ok man thanks i will try to do that. but what will be the differences between pre and post fader?
felixfacenda

Postby lukebredin » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:23 pm

Actually thinking about it, pre and post fader is only related to sends, not inserts!! Well in Logic it is like that, i.e you have a send set up to be pre or post fader, but an insert would just be an insert. Sorry was having a dim moment earlier! I am not sure if it is different in pro tools as I have never used it.

Basically a send can be pre fader, meaning that you send the signal to an aux channel before it gets to the volume fader of the original channel. So if you have a track that you had a pre fader send to a aux channel with a reverb on it, and then you turned the volume of your track all the way down, you would still be hearing the aux channel with the reverb on it.

But if you had it set up as a post fader send (i.e the send is after the volume fader, in most DAWs this is the defualt), as you tuned down the volume on your track, the volume of the signal going to the send decreases as well, so if you tuned the volume all the way down, there would be no signal going to the aux channel either. Good in the case of a reverb send aux channel as it keeps the ration of dry to wet signal the same as you adjust the volume.

Inserts are just inserts, can not be pre or post fader, they are inserts effecting the signal in the chain.

hope that clears a few things up! :D
lukebredin

Re: READ BEFORE YOU POST! General Discussions Forum

Postby pilgrimjsp » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:43 pm

Hi Peter,

Wanted to post my experience which should be specific for iLoud product, but couldn't find any place where I can post iLoud related issue. The administrator may want to create new category for iLoud users.

Thanks,

Joseph.
pilgrimjsp

Postby Obitheincredible » Sun May 18, 2014 8:18 pm

pilgrimjsp wrote:Hi Peter,

Wanted to post my experience which should be specific for iLoud product, but couldn't find any place where I can post iLoud related issue. The administrator may want to create new category for iLoud users.

Thanks,

Joseph.

I would place those types of threads in the "Interfaces & Controllers" section as iLoud has an iRig circuit built in.
Obitheincredible
1K Club

Postby djike » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:30 am

I don't quite understand why I cannot do this search. Just trying to post in the correct place.

Information
The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: sampletank 3.
You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.

I figured a search for ST3 would turn up something.
djike

Postby Kylea822 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:54 am

Has anyone else been having problems when downloading the authorization manager. Because i tried downloading the newer version of it but every time I have tried it, it always says there is an error and makes the download fail, can someone please help me.
Kylea822

Postby Obitheincredible » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:57 pm

Kylea822 wrote:Has anyone else been having problems when downloading the authorization manager. Because i tried downloading the newer version of it but every time I have tried it, it always says there is an error and makes the download fail, can someone please help me.

I have not, please contact support so we can get it up and running on your system.
Obitheincredible
1K Club

Postby Ybkryn25 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:52 am

Hey I just bought the irig hd-a for my note 4 and followed the instructions and im getting nothing from my guitar plz help
Ybkryn25

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:38 am

Ybkryn25 wrote:Hey I just bought the irig hd-a for my note 4 and followed the instructions and im getting nothing from my guitar plz help

Please contact support, and please read the post you were replying to and post your threads in the proper forum.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Previous

Return to General Discussions