T-RackS Tape Machine Collection available now

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Re: T-RackS Tape Machine Collection available now

Postby supanorton » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:41 pm

KrupaX wrote:If you only were going to get one or two of these, which would you go for / or avoid? (I'm A/B testing them and finding them very subtle and want to maybe only get a couple in the group buy)

I don't have a lot of experience with tape plugins or real tape machines, but my go to has been the 80 for just about everything, including the master bus. I also really like the 440 for vocals. My stuff has a classic rock vibe.
supanorton

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:48 pm

supanorton wrote:
KrupaX wrote:If you only were going to get one or two of these, which would you go for / or avoid? (I'm A/B testing them and finding them very subtle and want to maybe only get a couple in the group buy)

I don't have a lot of experience with tape plugins or real tape machines, but my go to has been the 80 for just about everything, including the master bus. I also really like the 440 for vocals. My stuff has a classic rock vibe.

These are perfect suggestions especially for rock and similar genres. I have most experience with the A80 and I'm mostly a rock person so I absolutely go for that one, and the 440 is just great, I might even call it the standout if I didn't have as much attachment to the 80 :)
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby KrupaX » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:30 am

Cheers, I’ve seen people recommend the 440 before, it seems a good all rounder, I’ll check out the 80 as well to see if I can tell the difference:)
KrupaX

Postby n2mpujack » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:36 pm

KrupaX wrote:Cheers, I’ve seen people recommend the 440 before, it seems a good all rounder, I’ll check out the 80 as well to see if I can tell the difference:)

Something to be aware of when doing what you're going to do is ear fatigue. Do a little bit of comparison and take a break. Then repeat.
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Postby emasters » Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:13 pm

Anyone able to download the Tokyo Speirs Presets for Mac (DMG file). The link for the Windows presets works ok. But the link for the Mac presets appears to be broken. If one copies the pastes the Mac link in the browser address bar, it's clear the link is messed up compared to the other Mac preset links. Also tried using the IK Product Manager app as recommended in the News announcement -- but the app just hangs trying to download these presets. Any other way to get these for Mac?
emasters

Postby supanorton » Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:06 pm

emasters wrote:Anyone able to download the Tokyo Speirs Presets for Mac (DMG file). The link for the Windows presets works ok. But the link for the Mac presets appears to be broken. If one copies the pastes the Mac link in the browser address bar, it's clear the link is messed up compared to the other Mac preset links. Also tried using the IK Product Manager app as recommended in the News announcement -- but the app just hangs trying to download these presets. Any other way to get these for Mac?

Hello. This thread is for the original Tape Machine Collection. You may have more success creating a thread or adding to an existing thread for the Tascam Tape Collection.
supanorton

Postby skitron » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:24 am

Anyone else seeing these plugins take 3%-4% available CPU per instance? This is on a machine with plenty of cpu and a great video card. They sound great but how the he!! can you use these when you put them on 20 tracks and there goes 80% of the cpu????
skitron

Postby supanorton » Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:49 am

skitron wrote:Anyone else seeing these plugins take 3%-4% available CPU per instance? This is on a machine with plenty of cpu and a great video card. They sound great but how the he!! can you use these when you put them on 20 tracks and there goes 80% of the cpu????

Super CPU intensive. The tape machines are the last thing I add to a mix, and I have to freeze tracks to use them. They do sound great, so I'm willing to freeze and unfreeze.
supanorton

Postby darkogav » Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:04 pm

skitron wrote:Anyone else seeing these plugins take 3%-4% available CPU per instance? This is on a machine with plenty of cpu and a great video card. They sound great but how the he!! can you use these when you put them on 20 tracks and there goes 80% of the cpu????

I usually put on a bus. Usually 1 to 3 instances at most. What is the benefit of adding to each track individually?
darkogav

Postby skitron » Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:09 pm

darkogav wrote:What is the benefit of adding to each track individually?

To make it sound like it was recorded with a 24 track. That said some tracks I like better without to get a bit more punch. But since people agree about the cpu being high, I'll just adjust workflow accordingly. They do sound great. Some say add them last and freeze, and I tried that. But I may also try adding them first and freezing so cpu intense instruments get frozen at the same time, and then do everything else.
skitron

Postby darkogav » Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:39 pm

skitron wrote:
darkogav wrote:What is the benefit of adding to each track individually?

To make it sound like it was recorded with a 24 track. That said some tracks I like better without to get a bit more punch. But since people agree about the cpu being high, I'll just adjust workflow accordingly. They do sound great. Some say add them last and freeze, and I tried that. But I may also try adding them first and freezing so cpu intense instruments get frozen at the same time, and then do everything else.

That sounds like a good plan. I have still not been able to figure out whether adding the plugin to individual tracks multiple times generates better results than adding it once to a bus.
darkogav

Postby micdim » Wed May 24, 2023 10:22 am

Global Presets or Individual Presets don't work while using any of the Tape Machines in T-Racks. This has been going on for a long time. Any work around or fix? Thank you!
micdim

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 24, 2023 3:39 pm

micdim wrote:Global Presets or Individual Presets don't work while using any of the Tape Machines in T-Racks. This has been going on for a long time. Any work around or fix? Thank you!

Sorry to hear you are having a problem. I'm not sure what would cause this but the IK Support team would be happy to provide direct and official technical support to help resolve your issue. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby micdim » Wed May 24, 2023 3:43 pm

^^^^
Thanks Peter already have sent request. By the way this only happens when using T-Racks within Logic Pro X. It seems to be ok using the interface on it's own.

Thanks again!
micdim

Postby LittleStudios » Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:42 pm

I think it would be great if they allowed the user to determine the level of oversampling. The tape emulations sound amazing, but I'd like to be able to use them on more than a handful of tracks. Sound quality is important, but so is usability. I'm sure the CPU usage scares a lot of people away.
LittleStudios

PreviousNext

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox