Official SampleTank iOS Wish List!

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Re: Official SampleTank iOS Wish List!

Postby notaneasygame » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:24 pm

Just got an notification of another post on another thread about AUv3. Of course, I'd love it to be added but we can only speculate that there are issues in retro adding into what is now quite old code.

Utilising the new processor power in latest ipad air would be a great place to shoot for. Re-write the code (Cubasis v2 to v3 is a relevant case in point). It makes sense, within a year an improved ipad pro will become the new king of iOS and a rewritten up to date SampleTank app would fly and put IK Multimedia back up there in the mobile market.

That's my wish list, a complete overhaul. Yes, it costs money, but SampleTank iOS has had a great run of 8 years on the app store, bring SampleTank into 2021 and get it back into the forefront of people's go to sound choice.
notaneasygame

Postby jdm924 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:13 am

Please incorporate the files app to allow sharing of Multis and other settings between the iPad and iPhone versions - yes I get to own both because it’s a universal app but if I set something up to use on the iPad I have to go through the same fiddly process to set the same thing up on the iPhone and if I change one afterwards I then need to remember....etc...

Unless you can share Multis/patches between the two it makes the use of the iPhone as a backup in a live situation unhelpful at best and disastrous at worst. There are many other apps out there that already incorporate this. Sampletank on iPad is the best live “main stage”-like app out there and I love using it but I’d love to also use the iPhone version simply as a no-fuss planB should anything happen to the iPad.

Cheers,

Ps. Considering the power of the new devices I would be thinking we could have better sound libraries now - more on the same level as the desktop version?

Other than that I really like Sampletank and use it all the time as my main keyboard rig. Thanks
jdm924

Postby mscot71 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:26 pm

I bought sampletank a few years back for my ipad to play live. I’m only limited by the 64 polyphony when trying to layer sounds and sometimes the sounds will hold when I activate and deactivate a sound when holding the sustain pedal. This has kept me from purchasing other sounds in the app as having a one man band setup in one app is better to me. I did a lot of searching before seeing that sampletank was the only app at the time that offered that. I was a little disappointed after the purchase but it’s a great app if they can work out a few kinks. People seem to be going more towards stems and click tracks these days.
mscot71

Postby joosties » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:05 pm

AUv3..... please...!!!!! I already bought the necessary sound packs for SampleTank and do very much like your software and soundpacks. But time goes by and development goes ahead, except for SampleTank iOS, which is still no AUv3 app. Very disapointing while AUv3 does have a lot of advantages and is better compatible with my live rig with iPad as beating heart. Please development team.... ??
joosties

Postby duanem0 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:35 pm

IK Multimedia Team - A new 2022 version of SampleTank upgrading the 64 simultaneous voices to 128 simultaneous voices for the ipad would be a great game changer!
It's been since March of 2013 since upgrading to 64 simultaneous voices.
Hopefully you're listening!
duanem0

Postby vinceom » Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:35 pm

Hey! Is there someone listening customers? SampleTank for iOS is 4 years old !!!! Can we hope a new version for 2022? Thanks !
Vinceom
vinceom

Postby duanem0 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:51 pm

Has anybody heard from the IK Multimedia Team in regards to a new 2022 version of SampleTank for ios.
Just wondering.
duanem0

Postby vinceom » Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:01 pm

Hey Ryan from IK, this what you wrote in February 2020 about SampleTank for iOS in Audiobus forum :

« We’re definitely not abandoning SampleTank »

So?
Thanks
Vinceom and many others customers eager to know version 3!!!!
vinceom

Postby Colossalpogi05 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:24 am

auv3,.. hello? almost 2023 . whats happening to sampletank.. i love it but please,please listen to us. auv3 the way to go.
Colossalpogi05

Postby notaneasygame » Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:05 pm

Colossalpogi05 wrote:auv3,.. hello? almost 2023 . whats happening to sampletank.. i love it but please,please listen to us. auv3 the way to go.

I think it's safe to say nothing is happening.

All we can hope for is when sampletank 5 comes around (which is probably another 2 years minimum) they'll look to update iOS.

I wish they'd follow Korg's example and release a Sampletank Pro. I'd happily pay for a 'pro' version that gives us mixbox effects and auv3, just like Syntronik, as long as your purchased soundpacks are recognized.
notaneasygame

Re: Pitch Bend Range

Postby erols » Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:27 am

robertgately wrote:Please make it possible to extend the Pitch Bend Range. Other apps let you extend the range to 12, 24, 48. I want to slide from note to note using my Sensel Morph keyboard, but all I get is 2 semitones across the 2 octave keyboard.

If nothing else, you could add the setting in iOS Settings under SampleTank.

Thank you

This so crucial for guitar and bass synth players. I use multiple synths loaded into AUM. I'd like to use SampleTank, but it has to match the pitch bend range so they all bend together. I need to be able to slide up the neck so at least a 12 semi tone bend range is needed!!!!
erols

Postby kanohpus » Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:51 am

I am also a Sample Tank iOS user. I am using Sample Tank iOS at a live concert. Extending the pitch bend range is a must. Ssample Tank4 allows us to change the pitch bend range by EDIT INSTRUMENT function , so please add the pitch bend extension function to the iOS version. It would be nice if it could be possible with at least SONIK SYNTH and SampleMoog.
Thank you
kanohpus ;)
kanohpus

Fix the Solo headphone in Live mode

Postby MichaelJOConnell007 » Sat May 13, 2023 11:47 pm

The Solo headphone symbol works to play the selected part and soft-mutes the other parts, but it doesn't soft-unmute the selected part if it is muted with the Mute (speaker) symbol. It should work like double-tapping the part does. In that case, it soft-mutes the other parts and soft-unmutes the selected part if it is muted. A single tap returns all parts to their original states.

I am also using MIDI to control the Solo function. It has the same problem.
MichaelJOConnell007

Provide "MIDI Learn for soloing an instrument in Live mode

Postby MichaelJOConnell007 » Tue May 16, 2023 5:57 am

I would like to use MIDI to perform the "double-tap" and subsequently the "single-tap" on an instrument in the Live Mode interface. This is the only way to truly solo an instrument as the headset symbol doesn't unmute the instrument if it is muted. Only the double-tap does this. Please deliver this feature either using "learn mode" or by adding the MIDI message details to your manual once it is implemented.
MichaelJOConnell007

Postby hasanwajid » Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:40 am

Creating a wish list for the SampleTank iOS app can help improve the user experience and add valuable features for musicians and producers. Here's an official SampleTank iOS wish list with some suggested features and enhancements:

Improved User Interface (UI):

Enhance the UI for better user experience and ease of navigation.
Offer customizable skins/themes to cater to different user preferences.
More Instruments and Sounds:

Continuously expand the library of instruments and sounds to provide a wider range of creative options.
Collaborate with renowned artists and sound designers for exclusive instrument packs.
User-Generated Content:

Allow users to create and share their instrument presets, loops, and sound libraries within the app or through a dedicated online community.
Advanced MIDI Integration:

Improve MIDI functionality to support MIDI mapping, MIDI Learn, and more advanced MIDI control options.
Enhance MIDI recording and editing capabilities.
hasanwajid

PreviousNext

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories