IK Releases AXE I/O ONE 1-in/3-out USB audio interface

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

IK Releases AXE I/O ONE 1-in/3-out USB audio interface

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:17 pm

IK Multimedia releases AXE I/O ONE, the ultimate affordable audio interface designed for guitar and bass players. It combines the exclusive features of IK’s AXE I/O family of interfaces with a massive software tone bundle, at a price never seen before.

AXE I/O ONE sports IK’s exclusive Z-TONE® impedance control, JFET input for warm, tube-like sound, dedicated Amp Out for practicing or reamping, pickup selector, external volume/wah pedal or switch controller inputs, and includes award-winning AmpliTube and TONEX software with access to thousands of presets, amp and pedal rig tones on ToneNET for a complete digital studio rig that sounds like a pro.

Made for Guitar and Bass

Every electric and bass guitar is different and AXE I/O ONE’s Z-TONE input circuit allows users to dial in the perfect tone for recording by changing the impedance of the guitar input to go from a tighter/sharper tone to a thicker/bolder tone on the same instrument.

The Class A JFET input buffer adds the midrange focus, warmth and harmonic enhancement highly sought after by guitar players. An Active/Passive pickup selector allows precise input settings at the flip of a switch while, unique to AXE I/O family, the ONE features external controller inputs to connect switches or volume pedals to control the included software hands-free, without ever having to stop playing.

The exclusive Amp Out allows players to connect directly to a guitar amplifier or a guitar rig for practicing using a hybrid setup of virtual and real guitar gear. Or it can be used for reamping, the technique of recording a dry guitar signal and using external gear for processing, or even to capture one’s own real rig and turn it into a plug-in using the included artificial intelligence software.

A Massive Bundle of Tones

With both AmpliTube 5 SE and TONEX SE included, users have instant access to a huge library of thousands of gear models and presets to record and play right out of the box, and AXE I/O ONE works with any recording application.

AmpliTube 5 SE includes 80 pieces of gear that cover a wide range of stomp and rack effects, amps, cabs, speakers, mics and rooms with complex series/parallel rig chains easily built by drag and drop to emulate any type of sound.

TONEX SE is the new and revolutionary AI Machine Modeling software that’s taking the world by storm, offering not only thousands of rigs that are indistinguishable from the real thing but also the possibility of modeling any real rig and turning it into a plug-in. Users can model their amps, cabs or pedals including distortion, overdrive, EQ, fuzz, boost and more, and play them inside TONEX and AmpliTube.

Both software applications include access to the ToneNET online service where there are now over 6,000 AmpliTube presets and 10,000 TONEX tone models to explore, produced and expanded daily by a thriving community of guitar and bass players.

Plug and Play, Straight Away

AXE I/O ONE is USB-C bus powered and requires no external power supply. To start recording is as easy as plug and play. Users can hit record right out of the box with the included easy-to-use AmpliTube 5 SE multitrack standalone application or, for more sophisticated composition, Ableton Live Lite software is included to take it to the next level. Everything is easy to set up and easy to use whenever inspiration strikes.

AXE I/O ONE’s MIDI input and output also allow users to connect keyboard controllers or any other MIDI controllers to play virtual instruments or control the included software with external MIDI gear or vice versa. Plus AXE I/O ONE also works with the latest iPads for use with TONEX SE iOS (also included), the free AmpliTube CS iOS app and a huge variety of compatible apps.

High-quality Tracks Anywhere

Great recordings require uncompromised quality and AXE I/O ONE delivers professional audio with sample rates up to 192 kHz, 108 dB dynamic range and 9 Hz-45 kHz frequency response.

And for recording acoustic instruments and vocals via the XLR mic input, AXE I/O ONE features a PURE Class-A mic preamp with phantom power for ultra-transparent and clean recording, without any unwanted coloration, preserving the true sonic character of a vocal, acoustic guitar, piano or other instrument.

Super compact and easy to carry in a backpack or gig bag, AXE I/O ONE can also quickly become the ideal interface for recording on the go.

Pricing and Availability

AXE I/O ONE is shipping now and available from the IK Multimedia online store and from IK authorized dealers worldwide, for only $/€129.99* – including AmpliTube 5 SE, TONEX SE and Ableton Live Lite.

*Pricing excludes taxes.

For more information about AXE I/O ONE or to see it in action, please visit:

www.ikmultimedia.com/axeioone
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: IK Releases AXE I/O ONE 1-in/3-out USB audio interface

Postby jonwneale » Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:19 pm

Is this just a budget version of the axe IO?

I see the dynamic range is less and it’s usb c as opposed to power brick -
Is this newer and improved tech - or budget….I think it’s budget but wanted to ask.
jonwneale

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:46 pm

The Z-TONE circuit is the same and the specs differences are negligible (notice the dynamic range on AXE I/O ONE goes a bit higher than AXE I/O Solo for example, so it is different not necessarily in a bad or "budget" way).

You're getting a lot more than interfaces that are going to $199.99 or more, and you're dangerously close to even the next higher AXE I/O unit - with the same Z-TONE circuit that is one of the main features people rave about with AXE I/O interfaces.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby huli50 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:28 pm

Seems like you can do tone capture with this new unit too. So what does the Tonex Capture do that Axe I/O One doesn't? I've been on the fence about Tonex Capture, and now it seems this unit is cheaper and can act as my AI.
huli50

Postby jonwneale » Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:36 pm

Peter_IK wrote:The Z-TONE circuit is the same and the specs differences are negligible (notice the dynamic range on AXE I/O ONE goes a bit higher than AXE I/O Solo for example, so it is different not necessarily in a bad or "budget" way).

You're getting a lot more than interfaces that are going to $199.99 or more, and you're dangerously close to even the next higher AXE I/O unit - with the same Z-TONE circuit that is one of the main features people rave about with AXE I/O interfaces.

Thanks Peter. I own the original Axe I/O, not being derogatory of the new one, just trying to understand the comparison. Thanks
jonwneale

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:43 pm

I think we priced it very low so I'm not being derogatory either as we say "affordable" quite a lot so it is a fair description to say "budget". I definitely have to get one for my own regular use ASAP as I love my AXE I/O units but my MacBook Pro likes to be wherever it needs to be and that's not always as conducive to the regular AXE I/O so this is PERFECT.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jorvten01 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:22 am

Hi Peter, is it class compliment, working on iOS iPad? I don’t see any info on the specs here.
jorvten01

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:05 pm

jorvten01 wrote:Hi Peter, is it class compliment, working on iOS iPad? I don’t see any info on the specs here.

Yes it is. We mention in our video(s) but I'll make sure to ask for any updates to make it clearer on the site.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby myslin85 » Wed May 10, 2023 2:30 pm

Peter,

Can I use this to model my amp and store it using the Tonex software on my computer? Without any other units?

Thanks.
myslin85

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 10, 2023 3:25 pm

myslin85 wrote:Peter,

Can I use this to model my amp and store it using the Tonex software on my computer? Without any other units?

Thanks.

Since AXE I/O ONE has the Amp Out, yes you can.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby NikhilV11 » Fri May 12, 2023 3:16 am

Sorry for the newbie question, but I'm a bit unclear as to what signal the "amp out" jack outputs... is it the DAW/amplitube-processed signal or is it dry? Thanks!!
NikhilV11

Postby Peter_IK » Fri May 12, 2023 3:48 pm

NikhilV11 wrote:Sorry for the newbie question, but I'm a bit unclear as to what signal the "amp out" jack outputs... is it the DAW/amplitube-processed signal or is it dry? Thanks!!

Amp out is a DI/dry signal for re-amping.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby NikhilV11 » Fri May 12, 2023 7:22 pm

Got it. Thanks for your reply!
NikhilV11

Postby Oritchinal1 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:44 pm

I have not been able to use axe io one with ipad air gen 5
It works but doesnt have the controller software so i cant access the outputs seperately
Can anybod send me a
Sceeenshot of a working ipadrig using the third out
[mod redacted - unnecessary]
Thanks
Rc
Oritchinal1

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:29 pm

Oritchinal1 wrote:I have not been able to use axe io one with ipad air gen 5
It works but doesnt have the controller software so i cant access the outputs seperately
Can anybod send me a
Sceeenshot of a working ipadrig using the third out
[mod redacted - unnecessary]
Thanks
Rc

You'll need to use a powered USB hub in order to use AXE I/O One on an iOS device. I'm not entirely sure it will work but that's the only way it will be. No control app/software necessary because it is class-compliant, though. Apps you use would need to support all the I/O of the interface in order to see the 3 outs.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Next

Return to News and Announcements