Is it possible just to use Amplitube 6 on IOS for pedals

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Is it possible just to use Amplitube 6 on IOS for pedals

Postby Rwillett1 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:01 pm

Hi,

I'm still learning how to use Amplitube 5 on IOS and want to simplify things. All I want (at the moment) is to use Amplitube for pedal effects and bypass the amplifier and speaker section altogether.

On the Mac app, I can select bypass but I can't see to find a similar setting on the iPad. is there any easy way to do this?

many thanks

rob
Rwillett1

Re: Is it possible just to use Amplitube 6 on IOS for pedals

Postby Kamaal12 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:55 am

It's great to hear that you're learning to use Amplitube 5 on iOS! To bypass the amplifier and speaker section altogether and use Amplitube only for pedal effects on iPad, you can follow these steps:

Open Amplitube 5 on your iPad and select the gear icon in the top right corner of the screen.
In the settings menu, select "Audio MIDI Setup."
In the Audio MIDI Setup, you should see an option labeled "Output." Select this option.
Under "Output," select "Headphones" or "External Device," depending on your setup.
Once you have selected "Headphones" or "External Device," you should see a switch labeled "Direct." Turn this switch on to bypass the amplifier and speaker section of Amplitube.
By turning on the "Direct" switch, the sound from your guitar will be processed only through the selected pedal effects in Amplitube, bypassing the amplifier and speaker section. This will allow you to use Amplitube solely for pedal effects and simplify your setup.

I hope this helps you bypass the amplifier and speaker section on Amplitube 5 for iOS and enjoy using it for your pedal effects!
Kamaal12

Postby Rwillett1 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:19 am

HI

I've got my iPad mini in front of me and have Amplitube 5 started and it bears no resemblence to what you have asked me to do.

1. There is no gear icon in the top right of the screem=n, there is a menu icon not a gear icon, bottom right.

2. In this menu bottom right, there is a settings menu item which opens to present a list of options with "Input: Digital Audio" on the top, followed by Multi Input recording, Built in MIC recording, Monitoring during Playback, Latency, Oversampling, No Feedback, Retain Settings, Auto Sleep, background Audio, Precorder Preroll and External Settings at the bottom.

3. If I click on External Settings on the bottom, I get iRig BlueBoard and Midi as options, I click on Midid and get an option for iRIG Midi 2 and iRig Pro I/O each with an option to Learn More and Buy Now and Next at the bottom.

4. I click on Next and it tells me how to assign Midi controls to knobs and stuff. thats nice but I knew about that.

I can't find anything on the iPad that looks like what you have described. However on the Mac version, it does look like what you have described. However on the Mac version you can also right click on the amp and press Bypass in the pop up menu. Thats really easy.

I also turned off the amp but I can hear different speakers when I change them in the iPad sp the output is still coming through the speaker emulation on the iPad.

Is this to do with the version of Amplitube 5 on the iPad. I'm using the one that came with the iRig HD 2 as all I need is some simple pedals for the bass guitar.
Thanks

Rob
Rwillett1

Postby Rwillett1 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:56 pm

Hi,

Any update on this please?

Thanks

Rob
Rwillett1

Postby VenoyaT12 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:00 am

I understand that you are trying to simplify your use of Amplitube 5 on iOS and would like to bypass the amplifier and speaker section, and only use it for pedal effects. You have mentioned that you can select bypass on the Mac app, but are having trouble finding a similar setting on the iPad.

One solution to this is to use the "FX Rack" feature in Amplitube 5 on iOS. The FX Rack allows you to add and control individual effects pedals, without having to use an amplifier or speaker. To do this, you can simply add the pedal effects you want to use to the FX Rack, and then disable the amplifier and speaker sections by clicking on the power button for each of these sections. This will bypass them, allowing you to use only the pedal effects.

Another option would be to use the "Stomp I/O" hardware pedalboard with Amplitube 5 on iOS. This pedalboard is designed to work seamlessly with Amplitube 5 and allows you to easily control and switch between pedal effects, as well as bypass the amplifier and speaker sections.

I hope this helps simplify your use of Amplitube 5 on iOS. Please let me know if you have any further questions.
VenoyaT12

Postby Rwillett1 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:55 pm

Ah, thank you thats helpfiul. Hadn't thought of that.

Will try.
Rwillett1

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories