TONEX on iPAD and multichannel audio interface

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

TONEX on iPAD and multichannel audio interface

Postby Xaled111 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:52 pm

Hi,
I want to use input channel 3 on my motu interface but can not find the way to select it in the tonex settings and no signal is coming in to the app .
Using channel 1 works right away, but I have special reasons to use channel 3.

Thanks,
Xaled
Xaled111

Re: TONEX on iPAD and multichannel audio interface

Postby RichardTX1 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:01 am

I had the same problem with some other programs (Tonebridge) but for some reason every program wants to use channel 1 and the developers don’t seem to want to code in the capability.

Ironically, Mooer GE Labs has this capability to specify input channel and it’s totally free.

You really only have two options… buy and try Audiobus for iOS to route the signal and add that into your process or… get a different audio interface and put the guitar into input 1.

My wish from IK is that they put iOS ToneX integration into IOS Amplitube like the pc version… which is a major touted selling point. This way I could control Tonex Patch changes via midi via presets in Amplitube.

Too bad Amplitube IOS hasn’t been updated in 6 months, So close, but so far.

I understand how you feel… we just can’t get a fully iOS contained rig that works as good as a laptop… it’s close, but the simple usage things that would make iPad useability on par with pc just don’t seem to be addressed.

[mod redacted - unnecessary, and please review the forum rules]
RichardTX1

Postby RoyTone9 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:07 am

Same problem as well. Hope to support channel selection as soon as possible
RoyTone9

Postby iosman1234 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:57 am

RichardTX1 wrote:I had the same problem with some other programs (Tonebridge) but for some reason every program wants to use channel 1 and the developers don’t seem to want to code in the capability.

Ironically, Mooer GE Labs has this capability to specify input channel and it’s totally free.

You really only have two options… buy and try Audiobus for iOS to route the signal and add that into your process or… get a different audio interface and put the guitar into input 1.

My wish from IK is that they put iOS ToneX integration into IOS Amplitube like the pc version… which is a major touted selling point. This way I could control Tonex Patch changes via midi via presets in Amplitube.

Too bad Amplitube IOS hasn’t been updated in 6 months, So close, but so far.

I understand how you feel… we just can’t get a fully iOS contained rig that works as good as a laptop… it’s close, but the simple usage things that would make iPad useability on par with pc just don’t seem to be addressed.

[mod redacted - unnecessary, and please review the forum rules]

thanks for the awesome information.
iosman1234

Postby kierank » Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:06 pm

I’m also hosting ToneX in Audiobus. I also wanted to use a different input channel, plus I now have the benefit of creating presets using other iOS plugins like the Nembrini stomps and fx.
kierank

Postby Bobbyj88662 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:47 am

Using Audiobus or AUM is far better in IOS than standalone, as you can run multiple instanes and put stomps from Tonex in front of anoter Tonex instance with an amp. Not to mention an IR loader after Tonex, Eventide reverbs, Mixbox, etc
Bobbyj88662

Postby carlomagno74 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:53 am

Yes I need that Tonex integration with Amplitube in iOS just like in PC
carlomagno74

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories