Load Tonex Presets/Captures from Desktop to IOS

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Load Tonex Presets/Captures from Desktop to IOS

Postby newtype.sushi » Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:41 am

Not sure if I missed all the documentation and videos but I can't find any resource to upload Tonex Captures and Presets in my iPad. I have Regular Tonex and I have my own presets I'd like to upload to my iPad, is there anyway to do this?
newtype.sushi

Re: Load Tonex Presets/Captures from Desktop to IOS

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:45 pm

You can use the Tone Models included with your Mac/PC version of TONEX or those you can download from ToneNET in TONEX for iOS.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby newtype.sushi » Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:53 am

Yes, I actually do have downloads on my iPad, but I currently have a preset in my PC and want to transfer to an iPad and use it for live. Is there anyway I can import a preset on my iPad from PC?
newtype.sushi

Postby newtype.sushi » Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:21 am

Peter_IK wrote:You can use the Tone Models included with your Mac/PC version of TONEX or those you can download from ToneNET in TONEX for iOS.

Yes, I actually do have downloads on my iPad, but I currently have a preset in my PC and want to transfer to an iPad and use it for live. Is there anyway I can import a preset on my iPad from PC?
newtype.sushi

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:56 pm

newtype.sushi wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:You can use the Tone Models included with your Mac/PC version of TONEX or those you can download from ToneNET in TONEX for iOS.

If it is not on ToneNET you won't be able to import it on the iOS version of TONEX.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby kierank » Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:30 am

Peter_IK wrote:If it is not on ToneNET you won't be able to import it on the iOS version of TONEX.

Is this limitation going to change in a future enhancement? I have my own local preset on my laptop made with a third party capture (paid, not on ToneNET), and there is no way to use/transfer it to the iPad.

I would like to be able to choose what captures I use on my iPad!
kierank

Postby therocket290 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:23 pm

I also have some third party presets I paid for and expected to be able to use them with Tonex iOS. Is this a feature that can be added?
therocket290

Postby pittrapp » Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:39 am

Bump
pittrapp

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:54 pm

The request has been relayed to the team. ToneNET is still the official way to get your Tone Models, though, so any that are available there (official Premium Tone Models and thousands of uploaded User Tone Models) are still available on both Mac/Windows and iOS.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby FinalRehearsal » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:26 am

I think a private online bank on toneNET would be the most elegant way to make this happen. But why there isn’t an import option on the iOS version in the first place doesn't make sense to me. Since I’m planning to use the iOS version exclusively this is the last missing feature that hold me back from changing my rig completely.

TONEX changed everything!!!
FinalRehearsal

Postby JayarTa12 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:25 am

I agree that an import option on the iOS version would be very helpful. However, a private online bank on toneNET could be a good solution as well. Have you tried reaching out to the developers or customer support team to see if they have any plans to add this feature in the future? It's possible that they may be able to offer a workaround in the meantime.
JayarTa12

Postby FinalRehearsal » Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:39 pm

I kind of thought this would be a good place to bring this up… but you’re right. We should use all possible channels to reach out to them cause this is really a huge flaw.
FinalRehearsal

Postby kierank » Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:02 am

JayarTa12 wrote:Have you tried reaching out to the developers or customer support team to see if they have any plans to add this feature in the future? It's possible that they may be able to offer a workaround in the meantime.

I contacted support. The response was a simple:

Thank you for your feedback.
We will forward your concerns to our team for further updates in the future.
kierank

Postby Bobbyj88662 » Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:53 am

Plus one for adding this as a feature. [mod redacted - please review the rules]
Bobbyj88662

Postby NateEm » Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:03 pm

My view - adding a feature where I can ‘like’ tones in ToneNET, on either Desktop or iOS, then download on each device as I see fit, would make sense. Currently, I have to search and download each model, independently on each platform (apart from the models that came with my paid version of TONEX…they’re available cross-platform). Or am I missing something?

Nate
NateEm

Next

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories