Official TONEX Features wish list

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Official TONEX Features wish list

Postby jedsas » Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:03 pm

After having a particular tone model badly after two attempts, I wondered if there could be a way to submit test data to IK so that the modelling process can be improved.
jedsas

Postby OlliA123 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:23 pm

Tonex Pedal: I'd really like to see a low and high cut EQ in it. This way I could really use it as a standalone amp modeller in my pedal board without further EQ etc, or going through the trouble of baking in my low and high cut settings into my own IR files before uploading those IR:s into Tonex pedal (let alone I cannot change them afterwards then). It would be really useful, high and low cut are the most important eq for guitar modellers.
OlliA123

Postby uv777bk2023 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:56 pm

Another quick request...

Along with the already included noise gate, a noise suppressor would be very nice. There's one in my Headrush and I guess another examples is the ISP Technologies Decimator II G String.

Actually, it would be nice if the noise gate functioned as well as a smart noise gate, a la Boss, MXR. The one in my OD-200 is excellent :)
uv777bk2023

Postby vertibration » Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:13 pm

Tonex needs the ability to load an OD or Boost in front. It would also benefit from a global post EQ
vertibration

Postby JoshIsGoode1 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:38 pm

vic.pippo wrote:- ToneX (Software): Editing capabilities (not just librarian) for the presets in the pedal

- ToneX (Pedal): recall the last edited element of Global Setup. For instance, when I need to switch between Live/Interface in Operation, I have to go through all the setup options.

- ToneX (Pedal): align the sound with the software. I have to tweak several parameters (e.g. Trim, Interface volume, etc.) before getting the same sound I hear on the software and on the pedal.

- ToneX (both): easier way to switch between the software and pedal (using the Pedal as an audio interface). Now, I have to go to the Global Setup and go to "operation", select Interface and bypass the preset with the footswitch. It would be great if this could be done directly on the ToneX software.

This. Especially the ability to edit presets on the pedal within the software. I can't even begin to describe how annoying trying to audition sounds on the pedal is without this capability.
JoshIsGoode1

Postby freeglerock » Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:40 am

An upgrade path from Tonex to Max.
BTO M1 Mac Mini, 1TB/16gb. Lots of IK stuff.
freeglerock

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:18 am

freeglerock wrote:An upgrade path from Tonex to Max.

Scroll down here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tonex/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby freeglerock » Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:10 am

Thanks, Peter.
BTO M1 Mac Mini, 1TB/16gb. Lots of IK stuff.
freeglerock

Postby jaeger28 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:17 am

At the moment there is no way to view the A and B settings of a preset with Expression control. So we're a bit blind to all that's going on between A and B.

When using the Expression pedal and have a parameter active on the pedal display (e.g. Gain or Preset Volume), see values change for said parameter when moving the Expression pedal.

Alternatively or additionally, add a possibility in the tonex software to switch between Learn A and Learn B settings to review (and edit) the parameters.
jaeger28

Postby dreamality » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:21 am

Curious why no one has mentioned this: Please have the outputs BALANCED. This will solve a lot of headaches going to front of house. Either TRS or XLR, but keeping them unbalanced is a missed opportunity to truly compete with professional modellers out there. the 10 years old Atomic Amplifire has this tech already.
dreamality

Postby twilson74 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:35 am

I've been absolutely loving Tonex since it came out. One thing that annoys me about it though. Every time I pull it up, it's the same default amp with no reverb, etc. I don't really care about the default amp-- but the first thing I always do when I pull up Tonex is go to reverb and change it to "Plate" and set the mix at a level I like-- and put the noise gate on. It's a bit irritating to have to do this everytime.

It would be cool if in the settings, you could have your macros (reverb, noise gate, etc) set to open the way you want whenever you open the application.
twilson74

Postby jaeger28 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:06 pm

twilson74 wrote:I've been absolutely loving Tonex since it came out. One thing that annoys me about it though. Every time I pull it up, it's the same default amp with no reverb, etc. I don't really care about the default amp-- but the first thing I always do when I pull up Tonex is go to reverb and change it to "Plate" and set the mix at a level I like-- and put the noise gate on. It's a bit irritating to have to do this everytime.

It would be cool if in the settings, you could have your macros (reverb, noise gate, etc) set to open the way you want whenever you open the application.

yes. same here! "Save as default" for the settings would be cool!
jaeger28

Postby FenderSim1 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:55 pm

1. save last state of tonex (selected amp + settings) for next startup +1
  2. ability to change the skin for your own models. It has not happend once that i accidentally chose the wrong similar looking skin. I have to redo the wohle process only to change that skin. :?
  3. remove fixed aspect ratio of the window. i would rather see more information vertically that scale the window to huge icons and texts on a larger screen. If enlarging only the vertical axis i would expect to have a longer visible list instead of increasing the width at the same time.
  4. load pedal models and amp models at the same time without loading up amplitube. +1
  5. reset knobs to default by double clicking.
  6. option to "find all models by author"
FenderSim1

Postby jaeger28 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:04 am

This is a bit of a crazy one. Maybe for the next step in authenticity and individuality of the capturing process:

Let User make their own DI guitar recordings of their own playing be the source for the capturing process. So to reflect both the rig, but also the playing style of the user be reflected in their captures. Currently, besides the sine waves, clicks and pops, Tonex uses the standard guitar snippets (wood, punch, clean, etc). But if for example I want to make a capture of a clean amp, I might only do my style of clean picking, funk playing, clean lead plying etc for a capture, to have it more tailored to what I‘m after.
jaeger28

Postby garethd.price » Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:34 am

1. The slash and satriani vir cabs in ampltitube 5 would be a great addition to the tonex pedal/software.
2. High and low pass filters at the end of the chain.
3. The ability to add favourites to cab irs when searching for cabs.
garethd.price

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling