ToneX-pedal + AmpliTube5 and TONEX-software

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

ToneX-pedal + AmpliTube5 and TONEX-software

Postby tech_com » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:31 pm

Hi everyone,

I started playing guitar way back in 1985, in those days you just plugged into a amp and you where ready to go, today, it is something different.

I recently bought the ToneX-pedal and it is great, the little I have been able to figure out on it.
I installed the AmpliTube5 software and the TONEX-software, but I don't know how to get things to work properly. Pressing here and there, trying to figure out things just crashes the software on Windows 10.

Is there a easy explaination somewhere, a soft start? The manual doesn't really say where to begin first.

At the moment The ToneX-pedal is connected to my USB-port on the computer and I get sound. From what I understand I have the TONE MAX-version of the software, and then I am lost, where do I begin?

For example, in TONEX-software, the different sounds can be changed, amps and so forth, but in AmpliTube5 nothing happens? Should both softwares be open or just one? And how about the pedal, how do I connect it to the software?

I would really appreciate some info.
tech_com

Re: ToneX-pedal + AmpliTube5 and TONEX-software

Postby Farko@63 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:47 am

Hi

You need to set ToneX Pedal as sound card so on GLOBAL SETUP of Pedal set OPERATION MODE to INTERFACE.
From now you'll be able to use as audio card then run Amplitube and set ASIO input and output on TONEX
Remember to install IKMultimedia USB AUDIO DEVICE CONTROL PANEL so to able to use ASIO DRIVER.

Now on your out will get Amplitube sounds and not Pedal sounds.
For use as Pedal set back to LIVE on GLOBAL SETUP and OPERATION MODE
In Amplitube you'll be able to use ToneX amp with all effects.

...and this is only the start step....
I hope this help.

Ciao
Farko@63

Postby tech_com » Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:36 pm

Thank you for explaining, some details are a bit clearer now.
tech_com

Postby symetal2023 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:29 pm

Hi,
Where to download IKMultimedia USB AUDIO DEVICE CONTROL PANEL?

Thanks

Farko@63 wrote:Hi

You need to set ToneX Pedal as sound card so on GLOBAL SETUP of Pedal set OPERATION MODE to INTERFACE.
From now you'll be able to use as audio card then run Amplitube and set ASIO input and output on TONEX
Remember to install IKMultimedia USB AUDIO DEVICE CONTROL PANEL so to able to use ASIO DRIVER.

Now on your out will get Amplitube sounds and not Pedal sounds.
For use as Pedal set back to LIVE on GLOBAL SETUP and OPERATION MODE
In Amplitube you'll be able to use ToneX amp with all effects.

...and this is only the start step....
I hope this help.

Ciao
symetal2023

Postby symetal2023 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:42 pm

I found this thing. It was because my ASIO driver was not installed properly, and I saw it after installing it. :D
symetal2023

Postby Farko@63 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:43 pm

symetal2023 wrote:I found this thing. It was because my ASIO driver was not installed properly, and I saw it after installing it. :D

Good ! Enjoy ! ;)
Farko@63

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling