Stomp pedal to change presets in Amplitube 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Stomp pedal to change presets in Amplitube 5

Postby Sharmon123@ » Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:36 pm

I have 3 presets that I would like to switch out during the song and I have a Win 10 setup but all the info on here seems to be iRig/Mac/Tonex. I am looking for a 3-4 button stomp pedal that works with an Axe I/O/Amplitube 5/Windows setup please.
Sharmon123@

Re: Stomp pedal to change presets in Amplitube 5

Postby datkings » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:43 pm

I don't know too much...but I'll share what I know just in case it helps in some small way...

I don't have a specific pedal suggestion for you...but I think to change patches you will need a stomp that can send a MIDI signal into Amplitube on your PC.

I know you can change to a specific patch in Amplitube by sending a MIDI Program Change
Patch #1 = 000
Patch #2 = 001
Patch #3 = 002
etc

It sounds like you want a couple of footswitches to toggle "patch up" and "patch down" during a song. I don't know the specific MIDI command to do that...perhaps someone else on the forum knows that.
datkings

Postby Sharmon123@ » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:50 pm

I am looking for something to change the tone for intro / main riff / outro with a foot switch when required. The presets are loaded in the control as #1 - #3 and now I need to map a foot switch to each. I am not and will never be a Brian May so 4 should be the max amount of buttons I need. Again it is a Windows 10 going into an Axe I/O install so nothing with an "i" before it please.

I am using a Boss FS-5U but that only increments through the whole list forward and only has 1 button.
Sharmon123@

Postby Sharmon123@ » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:25 pm

Never mind I found one that works. Nektar Pacer on USB works flawlessly with Amplitube 5 EXCEPT the looper control only has play/stop/record. Youtube video on how to do it that I verified works with Amplitube v. 5.5.4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCfkftTp5xY

It is getting hard to find but a lot still available for about 240$ USD so a really cheap programmable foot board.
Sharmon123@

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling