Official Syntronik 2 Mac/PC Wish List!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Official Syntronik 2 Mac/PC Wish List!

Postby Warren P » Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:47 am

This may seem obvious, but why are pitch bend ranges limited to semitone increments?

I would like 1/2 semitone, 1/4 semitone pitch bend capability.

Sometimes you just want a bit of musical vibrato (the kind of pitch shift you can get with your fingers, on a stringed instrument), and doing this without actually going out of tune is difficult on a lot of synths. I just want to be able to add some tiny vibrato to my sounds expressively without doing a semitone or whole tone bend.
Warren P

Postby EK3_multimedia » Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:39 am

Add all effects ON/OFF button to Effects Panel.
I know Multi Panel has it. but it should be in Effects Panel too.
EK3_multimedia

Postby Steve-xyz » Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:45 pm

Warren P wrote:I would like 1/2 semitone, 1/4 semitone pitch bend capability.

Sometimes you just want a bit of musical vibrato (the kind of pitch shift you can get with your fingers, on a stringed instrument), and doing this without actually going out of tune is difficult on a lot of synths. I just want to be able to add some tiny vibrato to my sounds expressively without doing a semitone or whole tone bend.

Pardon me for asking the obvious, but couldn't you just set the interval to 1 semitone and move it 1/2 or 1/4 of the way to the top and bottom? Also, for your vibrato, instead of manually moving the PB wheel up and down, could you use an LFO?
Steve-xyz

Postby DDemase1174 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:07 pm

Libraries I would (idealistically) love to see included on Syntronik 2:
Fairlight CMI
Synclavier II
Yamaha DX7
Roland VP-330
E-mu Emulator II
E-mu Emax
ARP Quadra
ARP Pro-Soloist
Theremin
DDemase1174

Postby Haruspex02 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:55 am

I'd really love a MicroKorg added to Syntronik.
Haruspex02

Postby dqueffeulou » Fri May 05, 2023 9:29 pm

Hi,

I found a problem with EQ-PG in syntronik : when I move a slider, a tool-tip appears to show the value in db so it becomes hard to move another slider which is under the tool-tip. You have to click in the blue background to move another slider etc.
I didn't found a setting to remove these tool-tips.
Annoying.
dqueffeulou

Postby dqueffeulou » Fri May 05, 2023 10:25 pm

When I think of a new synth that I would like in Syntronik, it could be the Farfisa SynthOrchestra which was used by Klaus Schulze in several albums like Moondawn.
dqueffeulou

Postby rj.gray » Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:53 pm

NKS 2.0 support would be great. Presets, light guides, control mapping, etc.
rj.gray

Postby meingottwalter » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:17 am

Use the entire range of the physical expression pedal while Min/Max are used in MIDI assignment.

How can I explain this?

Let's say I have used MIDI Learn to assign my expression pedal to filter frequency. Works fine.
In order to have my preset not sound muddy or edgy, I set Min to 30% and Max to 60% in the MIDI assignment for "Filter Cutoff".

Now when I use the pedal, it seems like the parameter sticks to 30% in the physical pedal range of 0-30%, reflects the pedal position between 30-60%, then stick to 60% in the physical pedal range above 60%. This is probably useful in many situations.

I'd love to also have the option to vary the parameter value within the limits over the full pedal range, using a somehow-linear mapping.

Example: Physical pedal position 20% would be "mapped" to 30% + (60%-30%)*20% = 36%, rather than sticking to parameter value 30% all way up to phiysical position 30%.

Hope this makes any sense.
meingottwalter

Previous

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More