noise in audio

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

noise in audio

Postby Naquin12 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:34 am

I picked up an Uno Synth Pro, the smaller desktop version. I get a lot of digital sounding noise in the audio, and it's annoying as heck. I tried different USB power bricks, and using either port (computer USB or aux power USB) and it's the same no matter what I do. I don't want to resort to using a noise gate. Geez, my Stratocaster doesn't make this much noise.

I know I'm not the only one on the planet with this problem, but I can't find a fix for it in Google searches, other than run it on battery power. Ugh, really?

I started going down the rabbit hole of finding a low noise USB power brick, but nothing there either. Everything is pretty well grounded in my studio, although my power bricks don't have a ground pin. I don't want to get into ground loop isolators, but I will if it comes to that. I found ground isolators tend to suck out some of the tone, jumping through a transformer.
Naquin12

Re: noise in audio

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:21 am

Sorry to hear you are having issues. Please report your issue to IK Support http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and they will be able to assist you directly. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth