PH2 app won't launch - DLL error

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

PH2 app won't launch - DLL error

Postby Tony.F » Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:19 am

My laptop died and I had to purchase a new one. In the process of reinstalling software and for some reason, PH2 won't launch. Keeps prompting me with a DLL error.

"Can't load C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\Miroslav Philharmonik 2\Philharmonik 2.vpa"

Reloaded the sounds from the USB drive and used the activation manager to reactivate by typing in the serial number.

The sounds are on an external SSD. I was able to use the "add path" in SampleTank 4 under the Library Icon and point to the PH2 sound content. I did load some sounds and was able to play them from ST4's on screen keyboard so I know the PH2 sounds are OK.

I was hoping to do the same in the stand alone PH2 App's Settings (point to the drive / folder where the sounds are located) but it won't launch because of the DLL error.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Tony.F

Re: PH2 app won't launch - DLL error

Postby Tony.F » Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:32 am

Did a google search and found several threads explaining the workaround of uninstalling 2.0.6, installing 2.0.5 from the past releases page, and then reinstalling 2.0.6 via product manager.
Tony.F

Postby chrish111 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:09 pm

I've got the same problem although everything resides on the same drive. I have not been able to launch it since buying/installing it. I tried launching it in 2 DAWs and standalone.

I cannot find the previous versions page as you suggest. Any chance you have a link?
chrish111

Postby Tony.F » Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:22 pm

chrish111 wrote:I've got the same problem although everything resides on the same drive. I have not been able to launch it since buying/installing it. I tried launching it in 2 DAWs and standalone.

I cannot find the previous versions page as you suggest. Any chance you have a link?

IIRC, the version histories can be found in your "my products" page after you login. Under each product you own there will be several options in the form of buttons, one of which will be indicated as "past releases".
Tony.F

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More