Sampletank 4 with Logic - No Sound

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sampletank 4 with Logic - No Sound

Postby zberto » Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:43 am

Hi All,
Wondering if anyone else is having/had this issue and has a solution. I am using three Sampletank 4 instruments in one of my projects. Sampletank is showing up in the plug-in slot, fine. I am able to play the ST instrument with my keyboard, fine. Recorded midi notes are sounding on playback, fine. So far, so good. BUT sometimes when I close and save the project, then go back to it none of the ST instruments are playing. ST is still showing as the plug in, and my midi performance is still there, but there is no sound on playback. Sometimes it's one or two of the ST tracks doing this and sometimes all three.

My fix has been to open ST, load another instrument, then load the instrument I want back in, then it works. But the sound will disappear eventually upon reopening the project. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I did have ST3 before and ST4 imported the ST3 library as well as the current library. Maybe the instruments I'm using are from ST3 and ST4 doesn't like them?

Anyone have any idea what's happening?

Here are my specs:

2022 MacBook Pro
M1 Max Chip
32G RAM
OS 12.6 - Monterey
Logic v10.7.6
ST4 v4.1.6
zberto

Re: Sampletank 4 with Logic - No Sound

Postby DarkStar » Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:11 am

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I m sorry to hear about the problems that you have run into. Other users may chip in with suggestions.

Meanwhile, as this is not a company Support forum, the best thing to do is contact Technical Support via the IKM web site, for some one to one diagnosis and help. Search the FAQs first, as there may be relevant results. After that, you should see a [Contact Support] button at the bottom of the page, linking you to the Support form.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby jeroen317 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:14 pm

Hi,
I have the same problem over here. I'm on macOS 12.6.3 (Monterey) on an iMac Pro 2017 with Logic Pro 10.7.7 with SampleTank 4 SE .

I found a workaround by putting a plugin like an EQ in the channel strip of the st4 plugin itself and cranking the volume way up, but even than after restarting a project sound will fall back to an unusable low level.

It's so annoying that I stopped working with st4 altogether for now. For my orchestral sounds I can rely on Philharmonik. For other sounds I try to use other plugins/synths. When I MUST use a IK MM sound I try to finish that particular track during one working session and than do a BIP. But it is quite ridiculous actually.... So hopefully some solution comes around.
jeroen317

Postby zberto » Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:15 pm

Thanks for the reply jeroen317. I didn't even think of something as simple as a BIP! That will work for me for now, until there's a proper solution. :)
zberto

Postby DarkStar » Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:39 am

BIP ?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby zberto » Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:34 pm

Bounce In Place.
zberto

Postby dfy77 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:19 pm

Same problem here with Logic: after a while there is no sound anymore for a specific ST intrument. I have to open the plugin, reload the instrument (by clicking again on the instrument as if wanted to add it) and the sound comes back. It's annoying as I happens very frequently.I'm also using ST3 instruments with ST4 v4.2.3.
I'm pretty sure I was having the problem with SampleTank3 as well but maybe less frequently.
dfy77

Postby zberto » Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:46 pm

dfy77 wrote:Same problem here with Logic: after a while there is no sound anymore for a specific ST intrument. I have to open the plugin, reload the instrument (by clicking again on the instrument as if wanted to add it) and the sound comes back. It's annoying as I happens very frequently.I'm also using ST3 instruments with ST4 v4.2.3.
I'm pretty sure I was having the problem with SampleTank3 as well but maybe less frequently.

Yup you're having the exact same problem as me. I don't remember this happening on ST3, but that was a while ago.
zberto

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More