If I have Tonex MAX and AmpliTube MAX =Tones unlocked iOS?

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

If I have Tonex MAX and AmpliTube MAX =Tones unlocked iOS?

Postby aggravation » Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:53 pm

Is there any way to unlock access to the premium IK Tone models that I bought when I bought Tonex MAX.
I can’t afford to buy MAX a third time for access to same product!
aggravation

Re: If I have Tonex MAX and AmpliTube MAX =Tones unlocked iO

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:46 pm

Your TONEX MAX models from a Mac/PC version purchase will be available in the free TONEX CS for iOS. You must log in and register using the same IK account in the app under the "Account" section of the in-app menu.

AmpliTube 5 MAX tones do not unlock on iOS, though.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby aggravation » Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:51 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Your TONEX MAX models from a Mac/PC version purchase will be available in the free TONEX CS for iOS. You must log in and register using the same IK account in the app under the "Account" section of the in-app menu.

Is there a difference between Tonex(iOS) Free and TONEX CS?

I have TONEX Free on my iPad and it says it is registered but I don’t have access to my tones from the Mac OS ‘world’

I can’t find ‘TONEX CS’ as an option to download on the App Store
It isn’t an option to upgrade from within the iPad ‘free’ version app that I have either.

In ‘My Products’ I see the free version and TONEX CS, both registered. If I go to ‘my account’ in the app and I try to register, with any serial number, including TONEX Max MacOS, or any other product in Product Manager and it has an error and/ or says it is already registered.

I apparently installed and registered TONEX (iOS) Free on my iPad a couple days before I bought TONEX Max for my Mac book pro. So I’m guessing that install of TONEX Free has no connection to my Max status and IK Product Manager via the internet isn’t making the connection nor allowing me to re-register it to associated the iOS app with my Mac OS version?!?
aggravation

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:49 am

Sorry no it is just called TONEX on iOS (AmpliTube TONEX in the App Store). Sounds like support is going to have to assist you if you don't see your proper Tone Models on iOS if you've logged in on the Account section of the menu.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby musicman4christ » Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:22 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Your TONEX MAX models from a Mac/PC version purchase will be available in the free TONEX CS for iOS. You must log in and register using the same IK account in the app under the "Account" section of the in-app menu.

This isbgreat news!!! I personally thought I had to purchase same App as PC in IOS!
Thank you for the clarification!
musicman4christ

Postby espiegel123 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:55 pm

I just purchased the Deskton TONEX Max.

I already had ToneX CS on my iPad. And am logged in with my iK username and password. It shows all the MAX content as locked and unavailabe.

I installed on my iPhone and everything unlocked fine.

I don't want to delete from my iPad because I will lose all the presets that I created as there doesn't seem to be a way to backup and reload one's Tonex presets.

Any ideas?
espiegel123

Postby Mjusick » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:35 am

I only bought the MAX version because I thought that I would also have the presets on the iPad, which I mostly use for the guitar sound.
Although I actually find the Overloud THU app much clearer, it has better Midi implementation and the guitar sounds are also very good.
But since I also play bass and ToneX Max has a lot more to offer, I bought this one too.
Now I'm really very disappointed that I can't load the presets from the Max versions into the app.
And unfortunately I haven't heard anything about my support request...
Mjusick

Postby espiegel123 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:53 pm

Delete and reinstall. That worked for me and is what support recommended when I heard from them.
espiegel123

Postby espiegel123 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:07 pm

Mjusick wrote:I only bought the MAX version because I thought that I would also have the presets on the iPad, which I mostly use for the guitar sound.
Although I actually find the Overloud THU app much clearer, it has better Midi implementation and the guitar sounds are also very good.
But since I also play bass and ToneX Max has a lot more to offer, I bought this one too.
Now I'm really very disappointed that I can't load the presets from the Max versions into the app.
And unfortunately I haven't heard anything about my support request...

Delete and reinstall TONEX and enter your login and you will be good to go. It took support a few days to get back to me and it worked.
espiegel123

Postby Mjusick » Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:28 am

espiegel123 wrote:Delete and reinstall. That worked for me and is what support recommended when I heard from them.

Thank you so much espiegel123!! :D
That worked!
Maybe the Italians can include this in their FAQs? ;)
Mjusick

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories