syncing my UNO synth to my Roland TR-8S

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

syncing my UNO synth to my Roland TR-8S

Postby LieoUh12 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:38 am

I am having trouble syncing my UNO synth to my Roland TR-8S. Although the TR-8S is transmitting start/stop and clock to all my other gear, the UNO doesn't seem to recognize it. The UNO is set to EXT sync and in sequencer mode, the green LED for play button lights up when the play key is pressed, but the sequence won't start. In arp mode, the UNO doesn't respond to any key presses. I'm running firmware version 1.1.4. Can you please provide any assistance?
LieoUh12

Re: syncing my UNO synth to my Roland TR-8S

Postby BobbyTa12 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:12 am

It sounds like you've already taken some good steps to troubleshoot this issue. Here are a few additional suggestions:

Make sure that the MIDI cables are connected properly. Sometimes, the cables can become loose or disconnected, which can cause syncing issues. Double-check that the cables are securely connected to both the UNO synth and the TR-8S.

Verify that the MIDI settings on both devices are correct. Check the MIDI settings on the TR-8S and make sure that it is sending MIDI clock and start/stop messages on the correct MIDI channel. On the UNO, make sure that it is set to receive MIDI clock and start/stop messages on the same MIDI channel as the TR-8S.

Try resetting the UNO synth to its factory settings. This can sometimes resolve syncing issues. To do this, hold down the "Record" and "Arp" buttons while powering on the device. This will reset the UNO to its default settings.

If none of the above steps work, you may want to try updating the firmware on the UNO synth to the latest version. This can sometimes resolve issues with MIDI syncing.

Hopefully, one of these suggestions will help resolve your syncing issues. Good luck!
BobbyTa12

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth