Installing IK products to a specific drive

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Installing IK products to a specific drive

Postby AlMoon13 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:17 pm

Hi

Can someone here point me in the right direction?

My basic question is this I am thinking of buying total studio max - but I am concerned about lack of space on my hard drive (C drive - PC - Windows 10)

My assumption is that I load up Product Manager - hit the preferences cog - change the drive letter to the larger drive I want to install on.

Am I right?

cheers
Chris Gould

Supplementary info:

I already have a couple of IK products installed and a few demos - do I need to uninstall these first, if I want to start from fresh?

At the moment - Product Manager exists in my Documents folder - because of lack of C drive space - I moved the Document folder onto a second drive and put a link to that drive in the C drive (clunky, but it seems to work). However, only the Product Manager itself lives in this documents folder. I have no idea where the other VST's reside - or more importantly, the drive-hogging files associated with them.
In my experience - even if you tell a plugin on which drive to install - it still throws most of the files onto the C drive regardless. Basically, I want to just have a fresh install of all the IK products installed on a larger secondary drive.
AlMoon13

Re: Installing IK products to a specific drive

Postby DarkStar » Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:48 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Please check out Metallica93's thread: https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=31798
and the IKPM Tips thread: https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=26365

There is no need to uninstall your current products, you can move the sounds libraries to the other disk.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby AlMoon13 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:21 pm

Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction. I am sure I can work it out from there.

It is a bit daunting - I already have a couple of IK products and have no idea where they live on my hard drive. That is why I wanted to just do the whole thing from scratch.

Again, thank you for your help.
AlMoon13

Postby Warren P » Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:36 am

I have just done this both on Mac and Windows and the IK installer lets you pick a LIBRARY drive which is where all the big stuff (the sample libraries) goes, and it works fine. Use the ellipsis (dot dot dot MORE OPTIONS) menu instead of just clicking install in IK Product Manager and click Install To.

Warren P

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More