Official TONEX Features wish list

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Official TONEX Features wish list

Postby ScottChildress » Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:30 pm

I would love to see the Banks roll over on the pedal instead of stopping at begin page and end page...

For example, when you Bank up from 49, it goes back to 0, likewise, Bank Down from 0 it goes to 49...
ScottChildress

Postby jedsas » Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:05 pm

The interface resizes by zooming, but I would like to see more models rather than bigger text.
    The ability to separate training and analysis would be nice.
    When auditioning amp models without a modelled cabinet, it would be good to have a cabinet that is automatically loaded. The same for pedals - it would be nice to be able to have a default amp that pedals can be auditioned in to.
jedsas

Postby Axellent » Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:34 am

Systematically going through the ToneX cabs looking for my favorites for Blues, Blues-Rock, Classic Rock general use & rhythm tones from Z-A backwards (will focus on solo later). Made it to J, lots of work. This has highlighted another needed feature of this software. I need to be able to favorite cabs as well as tag them up into categories for easy recall when I need them instead of having to write them in a document like I am now. Cabs for rhythm, solo, blues, rock, metal, etc. and they need to go into multiple categories.
Axellent

Postby bertsmith30 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:14 pm

Stereo IR implementation with gain adjustment. I would question why the TONEX pedal has stereo outs if there is no way to use any stereo functions. I would love to be able to assign separate cab sims to left and right for a more dynamic tone.
bertsmith30

Postby jaeger28 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:44 am

Possibility to normalise capture file before training.
Although people seem to set the same level for the return from amp as per the level meter in Tonex, the resulting captures have big level differences. I also think the captures with higher levels, resulting in lower unused headroom (empty space in capture waveform or preview waveform later on Tone.net sound usually better.

A possibility to normalise the capture to 0db after capture and before training might fix that.
jaeger28

Postby Djordje02 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:32 pm

machinated wrote:- a feature to create an amp and cab model, as well as an amp model in the same pass (so recording the amp DI and mic). This would require a device that has a “through” or doesn’t draw a load from the amp. Ideally so once complete there is an accurate model of the amp+cab mic’d up and also a very accurate model of the amplifier with said cab providing the load

+1

There should be an option for AMP + CAB captures to use signals from both the Capture box and Mic at the same time. That way both the AMPs and impulse responses would be much more accurate, as it stands right now the CABs for the same amp are all over the place...

There is a diagram of this option (Amp + Cab Plus Direct) but the website states TONEX software can capture either mic’d or direct signal

I think this could be easy to do, just run a deconvolution between Capture box output and Mic output to create the IR and run the training on the Capture box signal.
Djordje02

Postby Axellent » Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:30 pm

For those of us with more powerful computers, please include an advanced option to run the capture training longer or until reaching a certain greater level of accuracy (lower ESR) similar to NAM (_ Amp Modeler).
Axellent

Postby JoshIsGoode1 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:20 am

I think that the biggest thing that is currently missing is the ability to control the Tonex pedal directly via the Tonex app. I use the pedal in the FX loop of my Helix Floor and control it via MIDI triggers with Helix snapshots. This works great, however, the inability to edit parameters on the pedal in real time with the app, similar to how HX Edit works, is quite annoying when designing presets for a full setlist of songs in a show. I have to load a tone model, sync it with the pedal, and then go to the actual pedal sitting on my floor to make any changes to the preset. It's quite an annoying little dance to have to do. It would be much nicer if I could tweak the parameters of the pedal digitally from my computer while designing sets lists in HX Edit.

In addition, this would make for MUCH easier auditioning of different cabs and VIRs when using the Tonex pedal instead of the plugin or standalone app. The DSP and connectivity of the Tonex pedal seem more than adequate to make this feature a possibility, and I'm sure it would massively benefit all the users that prefer to take full control of designing presets within the app.

Loving everything that Tonex has accomplished though! Seems like it's truly going to be a major market disruptor and I'm excited to see how the product continues to mature. :D
JoshIsGoode1

Postby uv777bk2023 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:22 pm

I'm absolutely loving the TONEX Pedal so far. And I've been using digital stuff since the DigiTech GSP-5!

One feature I'd love to see for sure is the ability to have the stomp as it's own part of the signal flow in the same way as the compressor, noise gate, etc.

Also, it would be great if ToneNET allowed for the sharing of TONEX presets in addition to Tone Models.

Just remembered one last thing. It would be nice to be able to select more than one file when importing Custom IR files.
uv777bk2023

Postby jedsas » Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:30 pm

A couple more requests.

In the modeler, when the capture is complete, you need to click the next button, choose the training level and then click start. These steps seem superfluous for some use cases. If you are training a fuzz, and want all your training for several captures to use advanced training, there could be a check box to do this every time. If this was there, I would like the setting to reset for each new start of the software.

It would be nice if the Stomp box or Amplifier names that I type in the model info could be remembered and available in a drop down list

A bit more tone shaping at the review stage would be nice too. A couple of models have been a bit thinner sounding than the original and some extra EQ would be really nice.

On the subject of EQ, it would be nice to be able to tune the frequencies of the tone knobs in models to more closely match the original equipment.
jedsas

Postby Upright » Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:58 pm

I have several stereo effects that I run after the Tonex Pedal and this stereo chain is how I run into my computer so the Tonex software would definitely benefit from some sort of stereo implementation. Wether it's Dual Mono where you can't interact with the left and right channels or allow us to load in two models and tweak them independently. I know stereo can be done in a Amplitube but it's extremely cumbersome and uses a lot more processing power.

I'd also love to see a new completely stereo pedal with a large LCD screen that displays more information.
Last edited by Upright on Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Upright

Postby Upright » Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:11 pm

I generally don't browse or search for high gain amps so it would be nice to filter by Clean, Drive or High Gain when accessing Tone.net
Upright

Postby vic.pippo » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:54 pm

- ToneX (Software): Editing capabilities (not just librarian) for the presets in the pedal

- ToneX (Pedal): recall the last edited element of Global Setup. For instance, when I need to switch between Live/Interface in Operation, I have to go through all the setup options.

- ToneX (Pedal): align the sound with the software. I have to tweak several parameters (e.g. Trim, Interface volume, etc.) before getting the same sound I hear on the software and on the pedal.

- ToneX (both): easier way to switch between the software and pedal (using the Pedal as an audio interface). Now, I have to go to the Global Setup and go to "operation", select Interface and bypass the preset with the footswitch. It would be great if this could be done directly on the ToneX software.
vic.pippo

Postby jedsas » Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:11 pm

If a capture fails, there doesn't seem to be a way to re capture and run training again without saving the failed model or closing and restarting Tonex. Even a cancel button would be better.
jedsas

Postby jedsas » Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:01 pm

After having a particular tone model badly after two attempts, I wondered if there could be a way to submit test data to IK so that the modelling process can be improved.
jedsas

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling