Official Miroslav Philharmonik 2 Mac/PC Wish List!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Official Miroslav Philharmonik 2 Mac/PC Wish List!

Postby Gourockian63 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:03 pm

I just installed Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE yesterday, after seeing it on sale for a very decent price. The first thing I noticed is that, on my Windows laptop at least, the size of the display is annoyingly small, with no obvious way to enlarge it.

Please consider correcting this so that the size is adjustable, as none of us are as young as we used to be (strangely enough) and many of us suffer from vision issues.

Thank you.

Al
Gourockian63

Postby FiatLux8 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:04 am

Gourockian63 wrote:The first thing I noticed is that, on my Windows laptop at least, the size of the display is annoyingly small, with no obvious way to enlarge it.
Hi Al ! ,
(Provided that you are using Windows)(a blunder not to state OS and version when writing about technical stuff like that) Then : I have experienced a lot of issues with 'display' using Windows 10 - 64 bit. And a lot of programs appear to have 'issues' a lot worse than this /a little too small.
Anyway , Windows do offer some settings , of which I have no idea if they will be of any use for you and some programs may respond negatively to any 'tweaking' so one also always should maybe backup system (or at least system settings)(restore point) prior to any tweaking attempts.
1) That 'said' then if you right-click Windows desktop then second menu item from bottom is 'Display Settings' , in that there is a section for ''Scale and Layout' where you can set size of text and stuff, setting that may impact your programs - maybe negatively - but you can try it.
2) Also , and again I do not know how or if it will impact your 'problem' then (it this is probably a much better venue)(but I do not know what to attempt to tweak, program plug-in whatever) , then if you navigate to e.g. the executable of program that you want to tweak then right click and choose 'properties' , then on tab 'compatibility' , then on bottom you will find something called 'High DPI Settings' and 'Change Settings for all users'. Tweaking there may also impact size of stuff depending on settings , but again then the software may not like what you do and either not function or not display correctly.
Any tweaking of display may require a reboot before testing.
Also and this is important , it appears to me that some programs or Windows itself sometimes responds later as if it somehow stores any tweaking attempts (though it should not) and hence the suggestion for a backup prior to any tweaking.
My writing here is probably a 'fools errand' since you may not see the use of the advice, but alas these are often (if not the only ? then at least some of the) the options suggested to alter display experience !
(How to attempt such tweaking with Miroslav Philharmonik 2 in mind may probably be a question that one should direct at support or in the support forum) (this is a wish-list so one should not 'hi-jack' thread either !!)

Gourockian63 wrote:none of us are as young as we used to be (strangely enough) and many of us suffer from vision issues.

Your remark suggests a degrading eyesight , which I myself are only too familiar with :( , and in the end then the only thing that will really help (referring to PC 'technical' solutions)(other than built-in screen magnifying tools) is a larger screen (capable of displaying multiple resolutions nicely) and using a screen resolution not too high ! And alas Laptop PCs are not the best when it comes to that since they do not offer huge screens unless you attach then to an external monitor - which still require that he laptop graphics adapter are capable of driving the screen properly !
FiatLux8

Postby FiatLux8 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:24 pm

Gourockian63 wrote:The first thing I noticed is that, on my Windows laptop at least, the size of the display is annoyingly small, with no obvious way to enlarge it.l

Sorry for *my* screw up ! :oops:
FiatLux8

Postby EmranSan » Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:03 am

Hey there! I haven't noticed a feature like this yet, but will there be consideration to add dynamic expression swell for Philharmonik Miroslav? Something akin of Halion Orchestra comes to mind.https://youtu.be/ZgQlW3kI_F4 I have not figured out if Sampletank 4 does feature such intelligent expression controlled crossfade between the Velocity layers, but it would be pretty neat for Philharmonik to catch up with other big names Libraries that feature such control. There are even some that let you crossfade between vibrato and non vibrato string orchestras, to add even more realism to the samples! Hopefully this would be manageable in the near future.
EmranSan

Postby EK3_multimedia » Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:51 pm

Add "3 English Horns Multi" instrument.
Only Ensemble English Horns doesnot have key switch instrument (why?).
EK3_multimedia

Apple Silicon Native?

Postby darrena » Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:07 pm

Any plans to update this for native Apple Silicon support? If not, is there a way to play these instruments in SampleTank 4?
darrena

Postby DarkStar » Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:07 pm

To play MP2 instruments in ST4, add its top-level folder (the one containing its "Instruments" and "Samples" folder and other things) to ST4's Preference Settings / Sound Content paths
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby darrena » Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:24 pm

Thank you. I’ll give this a go!
darrena

Postby ChrisHeinen » Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:47 pm

Resizable MPK2 GUI would be nice (like the MODO... series).
ChrisHeinen

Postby neon lights » Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:15 pm

Native Mac Arm upgrade & resizable interface, please !

Almost all my IK Products are M! ARM native now, except Miroslav Philharmonic. Are there plans to develop a native ARM version ? Any Timeline ?

This would be inline with the other recently upgraded instruments such as MODO & Sampletank.

Thank you.
neon lights

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:00 pm

neon lights wrote:Native Mac Arm upgrade & resizable interface, please !

Almost all my IK Products are M! ARM native now, except Miroslav Philharmonic. Are there plans to develop a native ARM version ? Any Timeline ?

This would be inline with the other recently upgraded instruments such as MODO & Sampletank.

Thank you.

To use Miroslav Philharmonik 2 as Apple Silicon native you would need to run the sounds in SampleTank 4 as they are fully compatible with it.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rj.gray » Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:53 pm

NKS 2.0 support would be great. Presets, light guides, control mapping, etc.
rj.gray

Postby cczadilek » Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:58 pm

when will Miroslav Philharmonik 2 be AAX native silicon?
cczadilek

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:35 pm

cczadilek wrote:when will Miroslav Philharmonik 2 be AAX native silicon?

Mirsolav Philharmonik 2 sounds load into SampleTank 4 which is Apple Silicon native.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby pawello » Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:30 pm

Apple Silicon suport, please ...
pawello

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More