Preset managing and importing 3rd party presets

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Preset managing and importing 3rd party presets

Postby Zealey » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:39 pm

Hi There. I just cannot find any documentation/videos that describes the process of importing preset packs into the desktop manager, and then having them stored for use later. None of the IK help files outline how to do this. Importing one preset at a time is not fit for purpose. Please can somebody tell me exactly how to import all the banks and have them available every time I open the app?Many thanks
Zealey

Re: Preset managing and importing 3rd party presets

Postby Catalyser76 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:35 pm

Hello,
to import all banks at once in the editor with copy/paste function is only possible via the explorer or finder route. Not direct with an editor function. For this, you should know where your preset folder was initially installed with the IK product manager. I am using a mac. Here under documents, i have got automatically a folder - IK multimedia/UNO Synth Pro Editor. In this, i copied all banks with the corresponding presets. The banks will appear under the column "category" inside the editor. When i create in "category" a new bank with "add", this also creates the corresponding bank folder, e.g., for me in IK multimedia/UNO Synth Pro Editor.
Catalyser76

Postby Zealey » Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:02 am

Thanks for your reply. I can now see the presets in the browser, but none of them load. the button marked 'TO W' is greyed out. I'm assuming this is how you load the presets to the device?

https://i.postimg.cc/LXysZcCk/unoissue.jpg

I really do not understand what my settings should be?

https://i.postimg.cc/BvzSSTXN/settings.jpg
Zealey

Postby Catalyser76 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:29 pm

Hello,

if it is greyed out, the connection between UNO and PC is not working or you haven't everything selected (has to be marked "red" for the transfer). Do you using the former UNO Synth (older Version) or the newer red UNO Pro synth (since 2021). Because i am using the UNO Pro (red synth) and the setting page of my editor looks different. For the UNO synth pro exists a separate editor version, what i know. Install this, when i am right.
Cheers
Catalyser
Catalyser76

Postby Zealey » Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:55 am

I have the original version of the hardware.

Sadly, your theory about the PC and synth not being connected cannot be correct, as I can move knobs in the software that that change sounds on the hardware.

Thank you for your help though.
Zealey

Postby Catalyser76 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:20 pm

Hello,
one question. You have marked „red“ the no./place of UNO memory , where you want to transfer the preset? First select the presets for transfer, and then the place in Uno memory for example no. 130.
Catalyser76

Postby Catalyser76 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:53 pm

In short

1. Select the preset
2. Select the preset place in Uno memory
3. Press „ to HW“
4. If you see the chosen preset in the hardware tab, press „ send“
Catalyser76

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth