iRiG2 No longer works with IOS16?

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Re: iRiG2 No longer works with IOS16?

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:50 pm

Drackster55 wrote:my cuestion is:
the irig2 that i buy, i will can use again?

According to the other user's ticket, the developers are aware and working on it. For more details and to make sure your specific issue and questions are answered please open a ticket with IK Support who can provide direct support and have more information about technical issues.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Mbhayden01 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:45 am

I’ve just fallen victim to this issue too and after trying everything and almost buying a new IRIG2 picked up this thread - any response on timing to fix?
Mbhayden01

Postby Kellybarker01 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:23 pm

I don’t know if I am the originator of the post, but it has been quite some time and still no resolution. In lieu of purchasing an upgraded different system altogether, or switching out from the product altogether, I decided to purchase an older version of an iPad. I purchased the last generation that had an available headphone jack. With this option, I was able to use everything that I have purchased. I believe the combination of issues lies within the lightning port, and a recent iOS update causing the audio signal loss and crackle/pop some conflict. Luckily, I could justify the purchase of the iPad, because I also needed it as a lyric tablet for live performances.
Kellybarker01

Postby marianobilli » Tue May 23, 2023 1:22 pm

I just contacted support and they dont have a solution yet.
marianobilli

Postby marianobilli » Tue May 23, 2023 1:25 pm

Kellybarker01 wrote:I don’t know if I am the originator of the post, but it has been quite some time and still no resolution. In lieu of purchasing an upgraded different system altogether, or switching out from the product altogether, I decided to purchase an older version of an iPad. I purchased the last generation that had an available headphone jack. With this option, I was able to use everything that I have purchased. I believe the combination of issues lies within the lightning port, and a recent iOS update causing the audio signal loss and crackle/pop some conflict. Luckily, I could justify the purchase of the iPad, because I also needed it as a lyric tablet for live performances.

I don't understand how does an extra headphone jack on the iPad helps? Is it not a problem of the IOS versión?
marianobilli

Postby kpavankumar » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:56 pm

dang, I just bought 2 irig2 , thought the first one is broken, so bought another one. Both don't work at all. I am using an iPhone12
kpavankumar

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:16 pm

kpavankumar wrote:dang, I just bought 2 irig2 , thought the first one is broken, so bought another one. Both don't work at all. I am using an iPhone12

We make updates to our apps for the iOS 16 issue if I recall correctly. Best would be to report your issues with your iRig units to IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/hw and they will be able to assist you directly and get you taken care of. Thanks!
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mmortilla » Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:53 pm

Hi Peter, can you point us to where that update is posted? I would love to start using the iRig as intended again. Facebook and Instgram still disconnect after about a second of being connected to the iRig.

Thank you.

We make updates to our apps for the iOS 16 issue if I recall correctly. Best would be to report your issues with your iRig units to IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/hw and they will be able to assist you directly and get you taken care of. Thanks!
mmortilla

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:52 pm

mmortilla wrote:Hi Peter, can you point us to where that update is posted? I would love to start using the iRig as intended again. Facebook and Instgram still disconnect after about a second of being connected to the iRig.

Thank you.

We've updated any of our apps, we can't update an analog audio interface that plugs into the headphone jack as it doesn't have firmware like a digital unit. Best would be to speak to IK Support directly about your issue to see if an iOS update fixed the issue for other apps using analog audio interfaces.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mmortilla » Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:14 am

I need to clarify my post.

The iRig does work on my Mac and my mobile devices. What it DOESN'T do is allow me to "join" in an IG or FB stream from another, already streaming person.

Sorry I wasn't clearer about that. I'm told that this is something Apple is preventing with the iOS updates.

So if you are only looking to stream your audio and not collaborate or otherwise participate in a secondary stream, the iRig is just fine, at least on Mojave and iOS 15.
mmortilla

Previous

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories