Sample Tank 4 MAX vs Sample Tank 4

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sample Tank 4 MAX vs Sample Tank 4

Postby ronniez28 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:14 pm

Hello All,
I purchased Total Studio 3.5 max which comes with Sample Tank 4 max. My question is, can I just download and install Sample Tank 4 (not max) to save the 100 Gigs on my hard drive but still download and use some of the sounds that come with ST4 Max only like: American Acoustic, Terry Bozzio drums ETC.
Thanks So Much!
ronniez28

Re: Sample Tank 4 MAX vs Sample Tank 4

Postby DarkStar » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:27 pm

Yes, the software itself is the same.

Rather than download the huge (hundreds of GB) library downloads, you can download and install the individual libraries using the IK Product Manager.

Note that 180 days after Registration, access to the library downloads will expire so make sure that you get all you want. You could always download the others from your User Area and just back them up to an archive disk.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby ronniez28 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:27 pm

WOW,
Thanks DarkStar! That has to be some sort of world record between question and answer on a forum, unless maybe you're just staring at your computer waiting for folks like me to post a question :lol: Thanks for your answer, it makes total sense!
ronniez28

Postby DarkStar » Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:12 pm

Almost :) 8 minutes is my personal best.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby ronniez28 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:39 pm

Oh My Gosh!
This is beyond embarrassing! I cannot move forward 1 step without being stumped, and I couldn't be more sorry or disappointed in myself!!

But here goes again: Installed ST4 (80ish gigs) , opened my DAW (Mixcraft 9 Pro), opened a track and opened ST4 as a VSTi, found all kinds of goodies in ST4, so far so good.

After installing ST4 there were 50 or so Zipped folders in: This PC > Documents > IK Multimedia > IK Program Manager > SampleTank4. So the 1st one on the list is: Alex Scolnick Signature Presets. After extracting it, and then double clicking it, to open it, it's now in the same spot as above plus: "Alex Skolnick signature Presets" with about 20 "AT5P Type" files. I entered this entire search path in to "settings, sound content Path" in ST4 and still cannot find these presets.

I also did the exact same thing to the 2nd one in line which is : Cuban Trumpet Sound Content" which I'll never use but just trying to figure out how to move all of this into Sample Tank 4 as a VSTi in my DAW.

So long posting short, How do I get all of these sounds and Presets in to ST4??
I'm Grateful Beyond Grateful!!
ronniez28

Postby DarkStar » Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:09 pm

A1: have you got all the individual libraries / groups of sounds in ST4?

A2: The .zip files in This PC > Documents > IK Multimedia > IK Program Manager > SampleTank4 are those downloaded by the IK Prodcut Manager ("IKPM"). Or manually by you?

A3: The Alex Scolnick Signature Presets .zip file contains presets for use in AmpliTube 5, not ST4. I do not know why it was in the SampleTank4 folder. But if you extract its contents and run the installer, those presets will be place in the AmpliTube 5 presets folder for use is AT5.

A4: The Cuban Trumpet Sound Content is for ST4 and I would think has already been installed into the ST4 library. If you run the installs from the IKPM then they should go into the right place (as long as you have set the correct path(s) inST4's Preference Settings).

Q5: what is the path to your main ST4 sounds library?

Q6: what, if any are the paths to any other sounds libraries that you have installed?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby ronniez28 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:43 pm

Solved!
Hello once again DarkStar. Yes, absolutely every library and sound content is already in ST4 just like you said. And everything was downloaded by the "IKPM". I didn't change any paths or folder locations, I just let everything install where it defaulted to figuring that was my safest bet. My entire problem was the way I searched within the ST4 interface. I'm not totally sure but I think I was searching for more like "folder names" than individual sounds or libraries which is the embarrassing part, but, at any rate Thank You So Much for always being "Johnny (DarkStar) on the spot"!!
It's more than appreciated!
ronniez28

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More