Sound storage install

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sound storage install

Postby ShackChan24 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:22 pm

So please correct and guide me if wrong, but IK does not us select where to store these massive intrument files for the various applications. And they're impossible to locate. AND they default only to a C:\ install ??

Most people I would think prefere to NOT have them install to their base drive....especially at over 500gb for the entire library

As for the 180 day counter.....is that the total time we have to grab these libraries, and then we're blocked from then on out, despite for purchasing the Max software bundles ??
And how do you back them up if you cannot find them? I have Windows set to show me all hidden files and yet they still do not turn up when looking around the C drive and nothing really comes up when I type into system search as well as for where the library folders may be
ShackChan24

Re: Sound storage install

Postby DarkStar » Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:55 pm

Yes, you can select the destination for for the big sounds libraries.
(a) Install and authorise the software program. Run the standalone program and set the desired destination folder (e.g. X:/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 4) Then using the IK Product Manager ("IKPM"), install the relevant sounds library - the destination folder should be selected automatically.
OR
(b\) In the IKPM, for the sounds library, select "... More options", then "install to...." and select the desired destination folder.
In both cases you may need to create the folder.

Or, if you have already installed the library, it can be moved relatively easily.

Re the 180 days - that is the time period during which you should download the big sounds libraries. After that, if you need to download them again, you would need to buy a SINGLE Downloads Reactivation Credit which would enable a further 180 days access to ALL the library downloads.

IK Multimedia recommends making a backup of the downloads to avoid needing to pay. The downloaded files will be in the downloads folder used by the IKPM (by default, within "C:/Users/<<Account name>>/Downloads" on Windows, I think). You can find the folder in IKPM's Preference Settings. And change it there too.

Have a look at the IKPM TIPS thread: https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=26365
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby ShackChan24 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:50 pm

awesome....thank you very much !!
ShackChan24

Postby ShackChan24 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:49 pm

Quick questions.....if I create a drive for example F:\sounds
Then I just need to open each application and point them to the parent Sounds folder, and then they should find each of the instruments and sounds from within there? Or will there be sub branch/folder issues if not pointed to a specific sub folder?

If that makes any sense....sorry sound bank newb here
ShackChan24

Postby DarkStar » Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:14 pm

You only need select one per library.

Let's say that you have libraries in:
    F:/sounds/SampleTank 4
    F:/sounds/Syntronik 2
    etc
Run ST4 and, in the Preference Settings, select the first one.
Run Syntronik 2 and, in the Preference Settings, select the second one
etc

Note that you can add the other libraries to ST4 too
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More