Master of None - new track!

A friendly place to share your music and collaborate with other IK users. Show off your hard work here!

Master of None - new track!

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:20 pm

Hey all,

Here’s a pretty slick bluesy track from last week that explores that special relationship between musician and instrument along with the awareness/angst that, despite the best we might ever play, the same instrument could always shine brighter in some way in the hands of another……just a jack of some trades and “Master of None”.

IK breakdown;
MODO Drum - Studio kit
AT5 - tweaked versions of presets: Rhythm Gtrs = “70’s Stereo Rhythm” while Lead Gtrs = “Bold As Love” & “Wah Lead 1” and Bass = “Vintage SVX-15R”
TR5 - Tape 80, Stealth Limiter, various Sunset Studio Revs

Have a listen and feedback always appreciated.

BTW - please consider posting some fresh stuff as it's a month since there’s been action on this forum!

M

mklankin@hotmail.com

Re: Master of None - new track!

Postby YashinTracks » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:28 am

Hi! In general, I liked the work. In spirit, it is close to the work of the Pearl Jam group. Keep it up!
YashinTracks

Master of None - 2023 remix with TONEX!

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:30 am

Hi all,

Nothing new to post as of late but getting into TONEX now and I’m like a kid in the candy store of tone options. :shock:

So, I decided to pull out this track from Feb/21 for a remix & overhaul the guitars and bass with TONEX tone models:
KPA Matchless Coldwater Canyon
Not Gonna Lie
Plexi On A Horse
Mix Cutter
Brute Force
You’ve Gone Too Far
AF3 Bass Commander
Crunchin’ Lightly

….and while there, tightened things up a bit, added Studio A option from FAME as well as mastered with Lurssen this time.

Hope you enjoy it & take care! 8-)
Michael

mklankin@hotmail.com

Postby Riff_Lovely » Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:41 pm

Hello Michael, first version catch me on the first second. Especially i like intro. To me very nice sounding guitar. I like sound that You get. Like in post before me, like Eddie Vedder singing some song of Clapton witch is great. Nice sounding product ion. Thumb up
Cheers!
Riff_Lovely

Postby Riff_Lovely » Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:49 pm

You are right. It is very quiet here latly.
Riff_Lovely

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:26 pm

Hi Zuga!

Thanks for the listen and feedback as always. I hope you found the 2023 version better overall than the original posted a couple years back.

Clapton and Vedder? That would be a neat combo and I'd take either of those references, so thanks! :lol:

Michael
mklankin@hotmail.com

Postby ZappedRat6 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:18 pm

"Jack of few trades, master of none" Did I get that right? Great line! I have days like that. :)

I would disagree a bit though.

This sounds great! Good song and production. Very funky. lead guitars sound great! Good job!
ZappedRat6

Postby danwilson5 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:42 am

Hey Michael,

I dig the groove you have going on. Have to agree with Zuga1974 you have a nice Pearl Jam vibe going on, and that is a cool thing. Looking forward to more. Keep them coming

Dan
danwilson5

Return to The Jam Session